Hacking [Release] 3DSafe: In-NAND PIN lock for 3DS

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Wait, when they say ntrboothax is a means to boot from a DS cartridge, what is actually loaded? .firm files?
Isn't the NAND of the 3DS like 2GB? Wouldn't you need a 2GB DS flashcart then?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Using ntrboothax, from what I understand is possible, it will be possible (but implemented? not sure) - to have a completely wiped 3ds, literally nothing on the nand at all, and to install the 3ds system to it and make it working.
Whether it will have to/can happen just from the ds cart, or will be able to read files from the 3ds sd card, or install some loader to the 3ds that will then load from the 3ds sd card - who knows.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
just make the luma boot firm on the sd card read only and the config and pin files read only that way the only way to bypass it is to use a diffrent sd card and they would not have access to most of your games if they did that.
Or you know, ReiNAND.
ReiNAND is just going to ignore that little pin and boot right on past Luma3DS

Reactions: Quantumcat

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Or you know, ReiNAND.
ReiNAND is just going to ignore that little pin and boot right on past Luma3DS
can't replace the luma boot.firm if you make it read only the only way then is to swap the sd card and they can't access you games anyways if they do that also i think lumas the only firmware that works on 11.3 11.4 and 11.5

Last edited by SoslanVanWieren,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
can't replace the luma boot.firm if you make it read only the only way then is to swap the sd card and they can't access you games anyways if they do that
Making an SD card read-only means the system can't use it until you turn that off. Changing the boot.firm to a read only file actually doesn't prevent the user from overwriting it...at least not on Linux...I don't know if this applies to Windows to because I haven't used Windows in over 11 years...

Last edited by The Catboy,

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I wouldn't give for @mashers to quit crying over cheaters and come back to the scene. We miss you and your great work, buddy! Hope you know that!

Little sad he never got to finish the final update and add that start button press instead of a preset number of PIN characters. Would have made this literally perfect, imo. Hopefully someday, someone will make a fork of b9s similar to this project. A man can dream.....

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I wouldn't give for @mashers to quit crying over cheaters and come back to the scene. We miss you and your great work, buddy! Hope you know that!

Little sad he never got to finish the final update and add that start button press instead of a preset number of PIN characters. Would have made this literally perfect, imo. Hopefully someday, someone will make a fork of b9s similar to this project. A man can dream.....
Wait wasn't this the one with the start button update.
Are you guys looking of Oct 20th build? I still have it on my memory card, find attached;
It was a few pages back like on page 38ish, I never tried it though since I don't want the start button thing. I also hope someday someone will make a b9s version as well but it doesn't seem like there's enough demand/someone wanting to do it. Who knows maybe someday it will ando I know most people will say it doesn't matter because of ntrboothax but I think it still has value.

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait wasn't this the one with the start button update.

It was a few pages back like on page 38ish, I never tried it though since I don't want the start button thing. I also hope someday someone will make a b9s version as well but it doesn't seem like there's enough demand/someone wanting to do it. Who knows maybe someday it will ando I know most people will say it doesn't matter because of ntrboothax but I think it still has value.
I compiled the latest commit, it has broken otp unlock support, so stay clear of that.

i dont thonk its possible to deploy this level of security anymore now that bootntr is out, so even of mashers came back, wouldn't change that.

However, even thoigh this can be circumvented, it's still a pain in the ass for a noob to do so.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Last edited by democracy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty how are you?