• Views 1,454,591
  • Replies 844
  • Likes 158

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
For Decrypt9 how do the files and folders go in the SD card? I can't find a simple answer for this anywhere, I just trow it inside SD/3DS/ but
what about the other folders and files?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For Decrypt9 how do the files and folders go in the SD card? I can't find a simple answer for this anywhere, I just trow it inside SD/3DS/ but
what about the other folders and files?
create a folder at the root called "Decrypt9". games (.3ds, etc) and things like ncchinfo.bin go in this.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so Decrypt9WIP inside of /SD/3DS/ and Decrypt9 inside of root? the .bin, .dat and .nds go in root as well right?
ignore everything except "Decrypt9WIP" (goes in 3ds). you can also put d9logo.bin in "Decrypt9" if you want, which shows an image on the bottom screen.

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
ignore everything except "Decrypt9WIP" (goes in 3ds). you can also put d9logo.bin in "Decrypt9" if you want, which shows an image on the bottom screen.
So this is like...throw the files wherever you want? xD This is what makes it confusing lol

DS87

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Is there a way to convert from .cia to .3ds? I have a 11.0.0. console and really don't trust myself with hardmoding it. I decided to give up and just buy a Sky3DS Plus which only reads .3ds files. Is there some way I can go from .cia to .3ds?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is like...throw the files wherever you want? xD This is what makes it confusing lol
just copy "Decrypt9WIP" to "3ds", then create a folder at the root called "Decrypt9". things like games and "ncchinfo.bin" go in "Decrypt9". you don't need any of the other files.
Is there a way to convert from .cia to .3ds? I have a 11.0.0. console and really don't trust myself with hardmoding it. I decided to give up and just buy a Sky3DS Plus which only reads .3ds files. Is there some way I can go from .cia to .3ds?
not possible, in a way that Sky3DS+ would take it.

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
just copy "Decrypt9WIP" to "3ds", then create a folder at the root called "Decrypt9". things like games and "ncchinfo.bin" go in "Decrypt9". you don't need any of the other files.

Really you don't? could you tell me what was the reason for them to be there? I also downloaded an archive called
Decrypt9 Master that had a ton of folders and random files but didn't have Decrypt9! :huh:

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really you don't? could you tell me what was the reason for them to be there? I also downloaded an archive called
Decrypt9 Master that had a ton of folders and random files but didn't have Decrypt9! :huh:
this isn't really the right thread for that.....

Decrypt9WIP.bin -> for use with a9lh, or some other loaders
Decrypt9WIP.dat -> for use with cakehax (boot manager like ctrbootmanager, or browser)
Decrypt9WIP.nds -> for DS flash carts
Launcher.dat -> for gateway entry points

also you downloaded the wrong thing. just use latest commit.

Reactions: Zeriel

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
this isn't really the right thread for that.....

Decrypt9WIP.bin -> for use with a9lh, or some other loaders
Decrypt9WIP.dat -> for use with cakehax (boot manager like ctrbootmanager, or browser)
Decrypt9WIP.nds -> for DS flash carts
Launcher.dat -> for gateway entry points

also you downloaded the wrong thing. just use latest commit.
Ok thanks a lot, sometimes the easiest answers are impossible to find!
You're a good squirrel :)

DS87

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Damn that sucks. The only other way was to have an already hacked 3DS, but buying a new one just to hack it would just be more expensive. Anyone know any websites besides ****** for some 3ds roms? Lots of links there are dead.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn that sucks. The only other way was to have an already hacked 3DS, but buying a new one just to hack it would just be more expensive. Anyone know any websites besides ...? Lots of links there are dead.
probably shouldn't mention sites like that. if you can't dump game cards then you'll have to find out how to get them other means.

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
Damn that sucks. The only other way was to have an already hacked 3DS, but buying a new one just to hack it would just be more expensive. Anyone know any websites besides 3dsiso for some 3ds roms? Lots of links there are dead.

wow 11.0 firmware, that sucks, I wouldn't waste money on Gateway and just send it to someone to get it hard modded if you can't do it yourself.
Send me a PM maybe I can help find you .3ds in the mean time

axis123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
After looking at how unnecessarily complicated current CIA converting methods are, I decided to write this tool. It's very simple and doesn't use Python or .NET Framework or any other programs and scripts, just my own code in a single exe file.

EGYsPCU.png

I decided to take slightly different approach to keep things simple and only use ExHeader XORpads. They are 1MB each in size and multiple ROM files supported during 'ncchinfo.bin' creation, so you can make xorpads for a bunch of games in one go. With version 4.0 I added ability to patch minimum required kernel version (FW Spoof) and 'RegionFree', which requires *.exefs_norm.xorpad's. 'FW Spoof' function checks FW version game requires to run and only applied if original value exceeds entered (2D02:FW8.0-8.1, 2E02:FW9.0-9.2, 3002:FW9.3, 3102:FW9.5, 3202:FW9.6-9.8).

1) Put your 3DS games into 'roms' folder and press 'Create ncchinfo.bin file' button to create 'ncchinfo.bin' from 3DS ROMs.

2) Use rxTools along with created 'ncchinfo.bin' to generate ExHeader XORpads, put it in root of SD card, launch rxTools and follow 'Decryption Options-->Generate Xorpads'. At the end of process you may see 'Could not open SDinfo.bin!' message. It's okay, just ignore it.

3) Put *.xorpad files you generated on 3DS from SD root into 'xorpads' folder, press 'Convert 3DS ROM to CIA' button, select folder with *.3ds files and wait for program to finish.

>>> Detailed guide with pictures <<<

UPDATE (2015-07-03)
Version 4.3 is out

Changelog:
  • Added zero-key encrypted ROM support, no xorpad required.
  • Added error skip so program doesn't stop converting remain files.
  • Added application Major version writing into TMD.
Version 4.3, 2015-07-03
----------------------------------
- Added zero-key encrypted ROM support, no xorpad required.
- Added error skip so program doesn't stop converting remain files.
- Added application Major version writing into TMD.

Version 4.0, 2015-06-28
----------------------------------
- Added Download Play support.
- Added input 3DS ROM folder selection dialog.
- Added searching for *.3ds|*.3dz files in subfolders.
- Improved partition type detection.
- Improved 'FW Spoof' function.
- Set RegionFree to default without ability to disable it.
- Code cleanup and minor optimizations.

hey! thanks for that tool - really easy to use :)
quick question: ive an o3dsxl and an n3dsxl - now ive made all CIA files with my o3dsxl (the decrypt part) can i now use the CIA files (which i generated with the OLD3DS) on my NEW3DS or do i have to make them for both consoles seperatly?

thanks!

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a method to use this without rxtools, since i'm using luma. What are the steps for the Decrypt9 version.
I have an A9LH 11.0 sysnand so Decrypt9 wont open, what can I do.

Last edited by Blue,

axis123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What do you mean by decrypt9 wont open? Ive also al9h 11.0 luma ive think i can open it during startup pressing X (ive gone through plailects guide)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What do you mean by decrypt9 wont open? Ive also al9h 11.0 luma ive think i can open it during startup pressing X (ive gone through plailects guide)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk
In the homebrew launcher it return to a red screen then back to hbl. I dont know if the comit that can be used to convert roms is included in the decrypt9 I used to install arm9lh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!