• Likes 158

drewby

Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States
Can someone explain the fw spoof to me? Im on 9.2, what to do in order to spoof Paper Jam for example? put in 2e02 or 3202 ?
There are different numbers for different firmwares. What region is your paper jam CIA from?

EDIT:
'FW Spoof' function checks FW version game requires to run and only applied if original value exceeds entered (2D02:FW8.0-8.1, 2E02:FW9.0-9.2, 3002:FW9.3, 3102:FW9.5, 3202:FW9.6-9.8).
Wait, he says it ayy lmao

2DSGamerdude

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
great program, Riku :)
simple and easy to use, i like how it only needs two xorpad files for making .cia's from 3ds games :)the only game that needs more than two xorpads files is Fire emblem IF, but that games needs all it's xorpads for patching the eng translation to it.

um, question, can i use my 3ds to generate xorpads for GameX.3ds and then convert GaneX to .cia and use the game on my 2ds?
or does the system that creates the xorpads have to be the same system that will play GameX?

like can i use a different system to generate the xorpads and a different system to play the GameX.cia?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
great program, Riku :)
simple and easy to use, i like how it only needs two xorpad files for making .cia's from 3ds games :)the only game that needs more than two xorpads files is Fire emblem IF, but that games needs all it's xorpads for patching the eng translation to it.

um, question, can i use my 3ds to generate xorpads for GameX.3ds and then convert GaneX to .cia and use the game on my 2ds?
or does the system that creates the xorpads have to be the same system that will play GameX?

like can i use a different system to generate the xorpads and a different system to play the GameX.cia?
System does not have to be the same :)

I create xorpads on my O3DS (I use my O3DS only for Xorpad creation) and install the created cia on my 2DS/O3DS XL and N3DSXL

Last edited by DjoeN,
Reactions: cearp

PetitMagique

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great program! Thank you for your work.

Just one question, is there anyway to use this to FW spoof .cia files we may already have (ie. didn't convert from .3ds roms)?

rubyloving

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know how to boot rxTools. "Use rxTools" is incredibly vague though, especially when it also has "along with created ncchinfo.bin".

Read the rest of the sentence please. The only thing that's not in the directions was how to get into the rxTools menu.

Pamizard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for this im all new to the cia process but My computer wont read the program after i extract it from RAR and try to open it i keep getting an error saying that it can't find the application. Should i keep extracting it till it can be read?

EDIT: Now my virus scan removed teh program and says its harmful.

Last edited by Pamizard,

PetitMagique

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for this im all new to the cia process but My computer wont read the program after i extract it from RAR and try to open it i keep getting an error saying that it can't find the application. Should i keep extracting it till it can be read?

EDIT: Now my virus scan removed teh program and says its harmful.

Scans clean for me using Sophos with latest definitions.

Divi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
'FW Spoof' function checks FW version game requires to run and only applied if original value exceeds entered (2D02:FW8.0-8.1, 2E02:FW9.0-9.2, 3002:FW9.3, 3102:FW9.5, 3202:FW9.6-9.8).

So, for example, if i want to convert Triforce heroes who need 9.6+ i have ton enter 3202 in the case of FW Spoof?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Thanks a ton! This would be great to have in the topic. It was so easy to follow along!

PS. You might wish to add if you need to re-do the guide each time. I figured it's not needed expect once to get the xorpads and then just use the "Convert 3DS Roms to CIA"

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So, for example, if i want to convert Triforce heroes who need 9.6+ i have ton enter 3202 in the case of FW Spoof?
No, you have to insert a value that matches your actual fw (or lower). So if you have for example a 9.5 emunand you should enter 3102 or lower, such as 2E02. Anyway for triforce heroes you'll have to spoof the update too (or find an already spoofed one).
Last option: wait for 10.3 emunand, it's really around the corner

Reactions: hiten

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Thank you @Riku for the software. It was an ease to use! But if it's possible to implement a %-bar? Since people might think it locks when it's working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.