• Likes 158

Datalogger

Living the Dream
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't actually play any games on my 3DS's
It's more of a preservation of content issue, like MAME and No-Intro.

These things don't seem important today, but they will be years from now when we want to look back at what was going on in the gaming world way back when...

And the statement about the games not being 1:1 is true, but the actual binary content that decodes and plays the games is the same on all the eShop "backups"
Someday we will have all of the keys to the 3DS and we will wish we had not removed content from the ROMS....

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't actually play any games on my 3DS's
It's more of a preservation of content issue, like MAME and No-Intro.

These things don't seem important today, but they will be years from now when we want to look back at what was going on in the gaming world way back when...

And the statement about the games not being 1:1 is true, but the actual binary content that decodes and plays the games is the same on all the eShop "backups"
Someday we will have all of the keys to the 3DS and we will wish we had not removed content from the ROMS....

Then in that case you will just have to take the time to track down a different method for converting/backing up cia content.

Datalogger

Living the Dream
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not me I'm asking this change for.
I already know how to backup an accurate image of a eShop purchase and/or a Cart (without using a GW)

It's the people that use these tools that want to make "Real" copies of what they have, but they need tools that will help them as they don't know how to do it at a lower level.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not me I'm asking this change for.
I already know how to backup an accurate image of a eShop purchase and/or a Cart (without using a GW)

It's the people that use these tools that want to make "Real" copies of what they have, but they need tools that will help them as they don't know how to do it at a lower level.
Fair enough. Unfortunately the author is dead set against enabling a RF flag rather than automatically setting RF, so you will have to look elsewhere. There are at least 4 or 5 scripts in existence for converting 3ds files to cia, and to be completely honest it sounds like what you are doing is compiling a cia from the binary files, which is a different process than what this utility does in the first place.

Datalogger

Living the Dream
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm already headed in that re-direction.

Decrypt9WIP, thanks to d0k3's hard, work can already save decTitleKeys.bin from an emuNAND directly so that printKeys.py can generate the keys for 3DS_Multi_Decryptor's CDNto3DS.py python script to take over and create the .3DS/.CIA "live" from Ninty's Servers in as close to "virgin" format as I can think of.

It's going to take a little creative batch programming to make this all as "user friendly" as I can make it - but it will be so.

It will never be as clean or as easy to use as 3DS Simple Converter - but that's to be expected from someone who started out on a DEC PDP-11 :)

(and I'm out)

Riku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My program is not designed for eShop content, only cartridge-based games, so stop discussing this CIA-->*.3ds-->CIA bullshit here.

My idea behind this app was so people don't need to share and store CIA files at all, just original untouched *.3ds backups. When you need one, you easily convert it yourself and install.

Also, as I already explained, RF patch is just a static 4-byte patch inside icon file, easily reversible. If it causes issues with GW, this is clearly screw-up on their part. I couldn't care less about GW stuff, honestly.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Thank you very much for this tool - I spent ages looking at other guides and batch files and things, this made life soooooo much easier and I have managed to convert all my dumped cartridges to CIA file now and installed them fine.

I just need to ask one question though - if I was to get a out of region 3ds file - will this program generate a region free CIA file, or do I need to edit a couple of bytes in the CIA - if so is there a standard location in the CIA or byte pattern? thanks.

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you very much for this tool - I spent ages looking at other guides and batch files and things, this made life soooooo much easier and I have managed to convert all my dumped cartridges to CIA file now and installed them fine.

I just need to ask one question though - if I was to get a out of region 3ds file - will this program generate a region free CIA file, or do I need to edit a couple of bytes in the CIA - if so is there a standard location in the CIA or byte pattern? thanks.
It automatically generate a region free CIA

Reactions: cvskid

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Thank you for your prompt reply, That's good news and a great tool - which makes life very easy so thanks to the dev for coding this.

bbmax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My program is not designed for eShop content, only cartridge-based games, so stop discussing this CIA-->*.3ds-->CIA bullshit here.

My idea behind this app was so people don't need to share and store CIA files at all, just original untouched *.3ds backups. When you need one, you easily convert it yourself and install.

Also, as I already explained, RF patch is just a static 4-byte patch inside icon file, easily reversible. If it causes issues with GW, this is clearly screw-up on their part. I couldn't care less about GW stuff, honestly.

thx for this software:) works perfectly:)

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
you can use 3dz files also
Thanks - any idea if I have to be on sysnand or if I can be on emunand? There was an earlier post that said you had to be on sysnand but I don't think anyone else mentioned it and I don't really want to go online with my sysnand if I can avoid it?

r

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks - any idea if I have to be on sysnand or if I can be on emunand? There was an earlier post that said you had to be on sysnand but I don't think anyone else mentioned it and I don't really want to go online with my sysnand if I can avoid it?

r
you can be on both but everyone uses EMUnand because it is safer and better anyway even if you did magically get a ban Nintendo only do 2 week bans

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
you can be on both but everyone uses EMUnand because it is safer and better anyway even if you did magically get a ban Nintendo only do 2 week bans
re sysnand/emunand, I mean specifically for going onto this site -

dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/go/?rxTools.dat

Can I be on emunand?

I'm planning on following this guide from an earlier post but it says you should stay in sysnand (I've bolded the bit)

"He already told a few posts back :)
But here's a short howto:
- Get rxTools and place the "rxTools.dat" file onto your 3DS SD
- Get a 3ds rom and place it in the same folder as the program (for ease of use)
- Generate ncchinfo.bin with the program (Follow instructions)
- Place generated "ncchinfo.bin" on 3DS SD togheter with "slot0x25keyx.bin" (Google it)

So you should have 3 files on your 3DS SD: rxTools.dat - ncchinfo.bin and slotx25keyx.bin

- Put the SD back into your 3DS and boot your 3DS
- Stay in your Sysnand and start your webbrowser
- In your webbrowser go to this url: dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/go/?rxTools.dat
- rxTools menu will be shown in a few seconds
- Enter "Decryption Options"
- Enter "Xorpad generation"
- Wait a few seconds and your xorpad(s) will be generated on your SD
- Remove 3DS SD and place the xor file(s) in the same folder as simple cia converter and your 3ds rom
- Get back to the program and convert the 3DS rom (Follow instructions)"

Thanks again for taking the time to help.

rr

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you autoboot set for RXtools EMUnand you dont need to got into sysnand at all.

Basically it would be like this if you have it set

-Autoboot and after the messed up screen or set boot logo hold (L or R) or Both for safety

IF not you will have to use Sysnand to get the RXtools

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
If you autoboot set for RXtools EMUnand you dont need to got into sysnand at all.

Basically it would be like this if you have it set

-Autoboot and after the messed up screen or set boot logo hold (L or R) or Both for safety

IF not you will have to use Sysnand to get the RXtools
Ah, okay. I don't have rxtools emunand - I use gateway with unlinked nands. So I will have to use sysnand then?

cheers,

r

Last edited by RitchieRitchie,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: +1