Hacking ReiNand 10.3 N3ds (:

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I got into emunand again with the official reinand 3 update that was just released backed up emunand, but for some reason whenever I launch reinand now it just loops back to boot manager, anyone else had this and know how to fix it

tornadog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this was so easy. I followed the link from the reddit post and got the reinand that was compiled with the autoboot fix, added reinand as my default in the boot.cfg and done. Everything works fine, 10.3 on my n3dsxl :)

Thanks to everybody that made this happen

Mr_Q

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe menuhax is load a second time in emunand. Do you have auto boot ? Try to press the button to not load menuhax when you launch emunand.
Did you create your emunand after set up menuhax ?
Yes I have autoboot. No, the emunand did not have themehax and the last time I tried I even changed the theme within emunand so I made sure it become disabled.

But.. Not sure what actually fixed it, since I changed 2 things:
- After the update (official update via system settings) I turned off the system in the boot manager
- Turned on the system and selected the homebrew launcher
- When the system was mentioning "Opening the home menu" I did press the L-button which is the button skip in menuhax.

Not sure which one helped.. Booting it via homebrew launcher or the pressing the L-button, but I'm happy to it now works!

Thank you very much for your reply!

Reactions: ChrisN8

emersonjr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Do gba games, dsiware, and DS carts load from emunand for you on rxTools? (I know they don't work on N3DS, but am unsure about O3DS support for these features).

If they don't work for you, they DO work on Reinand

I've never tried none of these 3 yet. Just simply because we must manage Sysnand ( and i'm afraid to mess up everything i sweated to accomplish ) and some of these breaks the hack so you have to install things again.

Btw, how can i install Reinand upon what i have now?
Just to mention again, this is what i have: O3DS XL + Rxtools 3.0 + MenuHAX + CtrManagerBoot + Sysnand 9.2 + Emunand 10.3

Porro88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guys there's anyway to use out of region DLC (like FE Fates neutral path) on this? Because I heard BootNTR doesn't work on reinand 10.3

ChrisN8

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've never tried none of these 3 yet. Just simply because we must manage Sysnand ( and i'm afraid to mess up everything i sweated to accomplish ) and some of these breaks the hack so you have to install things again.

Just to mention again, this is what i have: O3DS XL + Rxtools 3.0 + MenuHAX + CtrManagerBoot + Sysnand 9.2 + Emunand 10.3
Just follow OP tutorial, except the update since you already have EmuN10.3

Guys there's anyway to use out of region DLC (like FE Fates neutral path) on this? Because I heard BootNTR doesn't work on reinand 10.3
If NTR doesnt work, i don't think you can use out of region DLC with CFW. I hope it will be updated soon.

vexhash

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Have a little question... Can i remove this "press start to boot" part entirely? Or hide it, or skip it, whatever. I'm too lazy to press one more button :P

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have a little question... Can i remove this "press start to boot" part entirely? Or hide it, or skip it, whatever. I'm too lazy to press one more button :P
Dude, the stable ReiNAND 3.0 is released, which by default doesn't require to press Start when autoboot. Why never check https://github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases ?

Just find firmware.bin with MD5 58F906DA282894A525FCCFEDDF5AA11C (same firmware.bin used in the beta testing)

Reactions: vexhash

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Reinand doesn't support O3DS, sorry.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Reinand doesn't support O3DS, sorry.

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
I had the last version of reinand installed. I upgraded my emunand to 10.3. It no longer boots into emunand.
I upgraded reinand to this latest version and still doesnt boot emunand.
Do I have to flash my emunand again? Takes over an hour to copy the files back onto SD Card. (64GB card half full)

Any ideas how to boot my emunand again? or Do I have to format and start again?
I tried cakes in emunand mode and that also doesnt work. Maybe need a new version of that too?
Its a N3DSXL with 64GB MSD card. on 9.2sysnand.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the last version of reinand installed. I upgraded my emunand to 10.3. It no longer boots into emunand.
Do I have to flash my emunand again? Takes over an hour to copy the files back onto SD Card. (64GB card half full)

I tried cakes in emunand mode and that also doesnt work. Maybe need a new version of that too?

Where did you get your copy of the reinand files?

Don't forget you also need a new firmware.bin file as well.

Reactions: NakedFaerie

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Did you upgrade firmware.bin too? If you're using the old firmware.bin with emuNAND 10.3, it won't work.

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Did you upgrade firmware.bin too? If you're using the old firmware.bin with emuNAND 10.3, it won't work.

I got the latest firmware.bin from github 20 mins ago.
I got the 10.3 files from this thread and I just got v3 and tried them both and emunand still refuses to boot.

I also boot into HBL via menuhax or browserhax or ninjhax and all 3 dont work either.

FINALLY I T WORKS! I used a fresh v3 and its working now. Thanks guys. I did double check all the files and I think that helped. :)

Last edited by NakedFaerie,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the latest firmware.bin from github 20 mins ago.
I got the 10.3 files from this thread and I just got v3 and tried them both and emunand still refuses to boot.

I also boot into HBL via menuhax or browserhax or ninjhax and all 3 dont work either.

Ok lets start from the beginning.

From what I am reading it sounds like this is what you did:

Using reinand 2.1 and the old firmware.bin, you booted into emunand and updated to 10.3.
Then you downloaded and copied the new reinand files and firmware.bin file to your sd card and still goes to black screen when trying to boot?

Is that correct?

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ok lets start from the beginning.

From what I am reading it sounds like this is what you did:

Using reinand 2.1 and the old firmware.bin, you booted into emunand and updated to 10.3.
Then you downloaded and copied the new reinand files and firmware.bin file to your sd card and still goes to black screen when trying to boot?

Is that correct?
Yep that was correct. Its working now. I copied over a fresh v3 and latest firmware.bin and it booted this time.

opmas

Trophies
XP
Country
It is working fine. And im connected to the internet. If a game requires update is it ok if i update it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://youtu.be/9FcXxqthgUM?feature=shared&t=169