Homebrew RELEASE reicast [Dreamcast emulator] for Switch/Horizon [Alpha]

Mambila2001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Mortal Kombat Gold's FMVs video don't render but we could still hear very choppy audio. There are more bugs regarding the textures that I will show in videos that I upload on my youtube channel. The game maintains a full framerate otherwise

Border Down works well, except for some japanexe text that is glitchy. Also, the game has a slow framerate (75-85% of the speed)

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this Reicast is the same one that's frequently updated for Android and such, then modem/PPP mode was added last year in September. Keeping that in mind, PSO can be played on two private servers I know of: SCHTHack and Sylverant. Schthack I used back in the day, but it crashed a few years ago when the old owner lost files or something. They've been taken back over by the original owners sometime last year and are back up and running. I don't know much about Sylverant, so I can't comment on them, but I plan on rejoining Schthack once textures and such get fixed. If anyone is interested, it would be cool to have others to play with online.

EDIT: Here's more information on setting up Reicast for online play. https://www.libretro.com/index.php/...ine-dreamcast-gaming-for-the-first-time-ever/

SilverWah

CVS2 best game period.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can anybody out there test a Japanese copy of CVS2 on Switch reicast?
I don't have my own Switch and I really want to know if my favourite fighting game of all time runs properly on it. Even though emulators tend to have a bit more input lag when playing games.

tomi1578

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Have some coffee and wake up. SkittleDash said Future and you said it was on PC.

43LsJa8.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I didn't play it very long. Someone after said there were texture issues.
oh he actually did
kek
also why are you burning your eyes?

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not working or problems:
Fire Pro Wrestling D (graphical glitches)
4 Wheel Thunder (not working)
Omikron The Nomad Soul (not working)

Well crud. Fire Pro was the only thing I really wanted. Maybe after a couple reicast updates/tweaks it will work. Strange as it isn't a very graphic intensive game, but maybe it's something to do from the pixel in/out zooming.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well crud. Fire Pro was the only thing I really wanted. Maybe after a couple reicast updates/tweaks it will work. Strange as it isn't a very graphic intensive game, but maybe it's something to do from the pixel in/out zooming.

It looks like the characters have butts on the faces at times lol it's really weird.

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Not sure how much of what I'll say matters in the end by the time the 'final' product comes out, but this is what I could gather:

Dynamite Cop/Deka 2: Graphically sound, but runs anywhere from 50% to 70% speed at any point; FMV sequences used which currently bug out.
Space Channel 5: FMV backdrops makes the game unplayably slow.
SC5 Part 2: Vertices Explosion (Like SoulCalibur, only severe), consistently 40% speed or worse.
Virtua Fighter 3tb: Fullspeed and graphically sound; attract sequence repeats the first two art pieces (presumably texture bug as stated in the OP) but is otherwise fine, loading screens are unaffected by this.
Power Stone: Intro sequence and in-game works fine, but fighter selection is almost entirely corrupted (presumably texture bug); items that aren't power stones are colored blue (again, texture)
Power Stone 2: Black screen
Spider-Man: Sloooow FMV startup sequences. But works perfectly when you wait long enough to get into the game. The first level startup has its speed uncapped until it reaches perfect sync with the audio; is this also being worked on?
Virtua Tennis: Fullspeed and graphically sound; simulated blur effects during replays and match introductions are slow but gameplay is perfectly fine.
Cannon Spike: Fullspeed and graphically sound, totally fine.
Bangai-O: Small texture bug in title screen, dialogue sequences repeats itself in the same stage (texture bug), but otherwise fullspeed. Graphically there's no inherent problems, but regardless of Widescreen or not, the right border is missing and thus you see more of the background layer than is intended. Example with WS hack enabled vs. disabled.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anybody out there test a Japanese copy of CVS2 on Switch reicast?
I don't have my own Switch and I really want to know if my favourite fighting game of all time runs properly on it. Even though emulators tend to have a bit more input lag when playing games.

I'm just gonna copy what I said earlier here:

Capcom Vs. SNK 2: Ran fine, but the ruined ground (the BG of the title screen) experienced an apocalyptic calamity that left the ground a pitch black with Japanese inscriptions all over it. This calamity also affected phenomena regarding the Mark of the Millennium tournament where our entrants' existences are scrambled in a way not unlike a certain meme character in the Pokemon community for how scrambled up it is! THIS IS TRUE LOVE WE'RE MAKIN'!

Or, long story short, the game runs fine, but the character sprites are animated MissingNos that make it hard to tell what they're doing. At least the correct sprites are loading into memory unlike the...interesting results I got when I played Virtua Tennis.

Also, and this is a question I got for the OP, I take it that touchscreen support for this emulator is down the road? Because trying to navigate the menus felt cumbersome, something which I'm confident will improve, but I think touchscreen functionality would be nice until navigation by regular means is polished up.

Reactions: SilverWah

skinnyBIGGS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If this Reicast is the same one that's frequently updated for Android and such, then modem/PPP mode was added last year in September. Keeping that in mind, PSO can be played on two private servers I know of: SCHTHack and Sylverant. Schthack I used back in the day, but it crashed a few years ago when the old owner lost files or something. They've been taken back over by the original owners sometime last year and are back up and running. I don't know much about Sylverant, so I can't comment on them, but I plan on rejoining Schthack once textures and such get fixed. If anyone is interested, it would be cool to have others to play with online.

EDIT: Here's more information on setting up Reicast for online play. https://www.libretro.com/index.php/...ine-dreamcast-gaming-for-the-first-time-ever/
Im down PM all info i would need.. i played thst game non stop shemnue was a masterpiece 1 and 2 .. lol drivimg forklift for a job lol ahead of its time

coffinbirth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the Jet Set Radio (PAL) 16:9 hex patch, its actually the jet.bin that needs to be patched (isnt stated in the thread on assemblergames.com

Also - I cant get the Shenmue 1 Passport 16:9 hex patch to work (code in the shenmuedojo thread linked in here), game will crash after sega logo.

If anyone has more success with that, please state it in this thread, so I can try again. :)
Aside from the Shenmue patch, the rest of those, best I can tell, you have to crack open the .gdi, hexedit the values and rebuild the image, right? Or did i miss a drop .bat for others? IIUC, this can also be achieved via codebreaker...but codebreaker hangs on the "disc swap" bit on Switch. Got it to work on pc, so I'm hoping it will eventually work on Switch as I can't be spending all that time cracking open images and rebuilding them and all that jazz.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch