Hacking Regarding the 3DS and flashcards

Skyrider

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So from my understanding as I've read on the forums. Quite a few flash cards already work for the 3DS but so far ROMS cannot be played due to the size/bandwidth? But I'd like a confirmation on something. You can still use those cards with older NDS/NDSI roms to play on the 3DS?

tj445

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Check this thread for more information.
http://gbatemp.net/t281887-current-flashca...he-3ds-pictures

I dunno for the others but my Acekard 2i works both for my 3DS and my DSL and runs all the roms/homebrew normally.

Also if you want more information go to your local nintendo service station and show them your Flashcard and 3DS and ask for a compatibility list.
They will gladly help you out with whatever problem you have using their trusty hammer

Skyrider

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yea, I already checked out that thread before creating this one. My understanding is that there's a difference in "working" flash cards on the Nintendo 3DS and the ability to actually play roms on the Nintendo 3DS. Thus my question, can you play NDS (lite/DSI) roms on a flash card compatible with the Nintendo 3DS on a nintendo 3ds?

G

GentleFist

all flashcards claiming to "work" with the 3ds work in ds mode
you can play all nds roms
dsi features or 3ds roms (they dont even exist but even if they did) do not work

PS: its also written all over the forums and is quite obvious....

tj445

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you mean DSi Enhanced/Only ones then that depends on the Flashcard's capability, those who say that they can play them then they can :/
My Acekard for example can play DSi enhanced ones without the enhancement, as the DSi functions are not supported
I have yet to see a problem involving a card that can be opened on the 3DS but fails to load games, Rest of the games should play fine, other problems I have faced are regarding the codes, some codes that required button combos like Sel+UP dont work anymore due to the changes in the button's memory itself or something like that.

Skyrider

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gracias for your replied
smile.gif
, I just wanted confirmation. I myself have an old CycloDS card. I have read that the CycloDS IEVO can be used on the Nintendo 3DS, just wanted to make sure it can also play the ND/NDI roms on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.