regarding auto ctrnand transfer decrypt9

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Kyouma27, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Kyouma27
    OP

Kyouma27 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2016
    Indonesia
    how to transfer ctrnand between old 3ds and new 3ds? i already dum ctrnand image from old3ds and i injected to new 3ds but the new 3ds won't boot into home menu but stuck at luma splasscreen

2. DavidRO99

DavidRO99 Average Ryzen user.

Jun 11, 2016
    Korea, North
    your back-door
    RIP, you cant... If you dont have a backup you are as good as dead

3. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    There is a way to get it to work as we use an o3ds 2.1 ctrnand even when on a n3ds for the current A9LH guide. It's just that it shouldn't be done as it doesn't fully work properly and can cause many issues (like letting a n3ds with 2.1 go to sleep can permanently brick)
    So it may be possible but shouldn't be done until there is a tutorial about it and people with hardmod have tested it.
    As for OP if you have A9LH you can either restore a backup or download a n3ds 9.2 ctrnand image from the Plailect guide and auto transfer that to fix your problem.
    These new ctrnand transfer methods theoretically allow you to transfer a majority of the NAND from one 3ds to another, but as for moving it from o3ds to n3ds and vice versa that's a no-go afaik.

4. Kyouma27
    OP

Kyouma27 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2016
    Indonesia
    no i am not stuck on fw 2.1 but i want transfer ctrnand between old3ds and new 3ds both on fw 11 luma

5. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    I didn't say you were stuck on 2.1.
    I'll shorten my wording down to not confuse you.
    ctrnand doesn't transfer well between o3ds and n3ds. 2.1 ctrnand, which only exists as o3ds because 2.1 fw didn't exist on n3ds, can only be transferred to n3ds because the auto ctrnand transfer applies special fixes specific for 2.1 in order to make it work. AFAIK it doesn't do that with anything other than 2.1 ctrnand images.
    So for now you still can't really transfer o3ds crtnand images to n3ds, or at least if you can it won't work very well so you shouldn't do it any way.
    Is there any specific reason you want to do this?

Edit: "shorten my wording down" lol