Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
New gameplay video from Gamescom 2009. Shows a new level, some new moves and a new enemy: a ninja!
ph34r.gif

Looking great.. hard to believe that this and COD:MW are being made for the same console
sleep.gif

screenshots:
red_steel-2-6.jpg
red_steel_2-5.jpg

red_steel_2-4.jpg
red_steel_2-3.jpg

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, screenshots usually make graphics look worse but these are amazing. It's like playing a comic book.

This is probably my most hyped title. It sucks it won't feature a 2-player mode of any kind. There's nothing more I would love than slashing my friend to death with a sword, not just hitting him with a piece of foam in Wii Sports Resort. I'm definately buying this when it comes out.

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was excited after the first gameplay trailer, but after reading the Destructoid hands-on impressions, all my fears were proven true.

Honestly, the sword combat, although it looks 10x better than the original RS's sword combat, still seems a bit choppy and I predict it's going to get old fast.
And so far, what I've seen in the gameplay trailers is the old-fashioned "walk into area, kill a handful, move on." I hope there's more to this game than that.

The only other thing that bothers me is how enemies disappear when they die. Blinking? Come on, that's so N64! They should give it some cool vaporize effect or some shit since they really don't want add any gore.

Otherwise, it looks cool, but I'm not putting my hopes up. I'm predicting a lot of 7/10s and a 5 or 6/10 from Eurogamer because they're always "edgy" like that.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
proves again nice graphics are possible on the Wii. You just need to have a capable developer that knows the ins and outs of a system.

Also optimizing for one console, rather than putting a game on as much systems as possible, helps a lot. I'm looking at you, CoD:MW. You're better off playing that on the PC anyway...

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IT looks nice and fun, but doesn't seem to break any new ground.
I'm kinda getting tired of blowing fifty bucks on a game that only lasts for some hours and then suddenly seems pointless the second time around.
With the cowboy samurai theme I'd think it would be nice to see a more non linear gameplay.
Sure loading times are fine, but having the ability to choose differnt ways to get the the end point, plus perhaps sidequests to help rake up money for those that like to unlock everything BEFORE the game is done and over with.
Not to mention it would be fun to have a slight town sim mode. Or something odd like that.

Red Steel one gave you lots of nothing for beating it.
I hope this one adds some replay value at the end.

Also blinking dead enemies suck.
Sure they don't want limbs flying and blood, but hey, having the bad guys fizzle away or melt is an effect thats been proven rather well.
Course I'd prefer to keep the bodies there, but eh, they all like to save that extra bit of graphic realistate. Its worth it though.

Oh I know I know. Have them disperse into a flock of crows or something.
Or dust... or ya ya, dust.
Eh, the cowboy/samurai thing really triggers some ideas for me.

I hope this game really proves us all wrong and kicks ass.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. I'm really digging the artstyle. It looks amazing. I just hope they have accurate controls. I'd definitely buy this game if its good.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Must.. Buy.. When.. It's.. Released..

This looks awesome! As mr Communist already said, it's like playing a comic book! Again, nice graphics ARE possible on the Wii, the developers just need to put some effort in it. I'm glad Ubi pushed the release date back now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.