Red Dragon 3DS, Nintendo Virtual Boy Emulator Port

danielps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Decided to boot up Ninjhax today and was reminded of this, so I decided to come back and see what was happening with this emulator. @danielps, you mention that Wario Land runs decently, is that on the Old 3DS or New 3DS? I wouldn't mind getting it built after I reinstall devkitpro (I did a clean install of Windows 10 the other week).
Wario Land doesn't work at the moment. The only commercial games that boot are Mario Tennis and Bound High, but they won't work in-game. It does run on RetroArch however, at about 50% speed on a N3DS with ninjhax 2.0, so you might want to build that instead.
I don't expect r3Ddragon to be playable until there's a way to get either the N3DS speedup on ninjhax 1.1b or dynamic recompilation on 2.0.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Wario Land doesn't work at the moment. The only commercial games that boot are Mario Tennis and Bound High, but they won't work in-game. It does run on RetroArch however, at about 50% speed on a N3DS with ninjhax 2.0, so you might want to build that instead.
I don't expect r3Ddragon to be playable until there's a way to get either the N3DS speedup on ninjhax 1.1b or dynamic recompilation on 2.0.
Ah. I still have an O3DS so I'm basically SOL for anything regardless right now because a lot of emulators are making use of that extra power and I'm sitting here trying to get a job to get one. I do hope that I can secure a N3DS though, perhaps for the use of Ninjhax 2.0.

danielps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I recorded this, but I wanted to clarify something first.

I was curious to see the emulator running at full speed, so I used NTR CFW to patch ninjhax2's process and, just as expected, it was 3 times faster.
Now, before anyone makes a big deal out of this, keep in mind that booting NTR -> Cubic Ninja -> Ninjhax 2.0 -> Patching is a huge pain in the neck (and a crappy solution) and there will eventually be a way for dynarec emulators to benefit from the N3DS speedup.

Anyway, enjoy!

loco365

Trophies
XP

I was curious to see the emulator running at full speed, so I used NTR CFW to patch ninjhax2's process and, just as expected, it was 3 times faster.
Now, before anyone makes a big deal out of this, keep in mind that booting NTR -> Cubic Ninja -> Ninjhax 2.0 -> Patching is a huge pain in the neck (and a crappy solution) and there will eventually be a way for dynarec emulators to benefit from the N3DS speedup.

Anyway, enjoy!

That's really awesome to see. I ran it on my 3DS and it was slow as can be, although seeing it in 3D was pretty damn cool. I'm wondering if perhaps @shinyquagsire23 can be of assistance, this emulator would very much benefit from dynarec even on older Ninjhax versions.

danielps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's really awesome to see. I ran it on my 3DS and it was slow as can be, although seeing it in 3D was pretty damn cool. I'm wondering if perhaps @shinyquagsire23 can be of assistance, this emulator would very much benefit from dynarec even on older Ninjhax versions.
Well, there's still some room for optimization, the recompiled code is awful and software rendering slows it down a bunch. It doesn't look like the O3DS will be able to run it at full speed, but I have some ideas to make it, at least, a little bit better (the game I filmed, Fishbone, runs at 16 fps, so I definitely want to improve on that).

loco365

Trophies
XP
Well, there's still some room for optimization, the recompiled code is awful and software rendering slows it down a bunch. It doesn't look like the O3DS will be able to run it at full speed, but I have some ideas to make it, at least, a little bit better (the game I filmed, Fishbone, runs at 16 fps, so I definitely want to improve on that).
Yeah, it was Fishbone that I tried. Good game, too. I'm sure some speed will come in time for O3DS users. It may not be the best, but it's better than nothing.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Anyway, enjoy!

Just curious, but what exactly about the process did you patch? Dynrec could probably help somewhat, although it only goes so far really. I'm still curious about gpsp with the 3x speedup and dynrec.

danielps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just curious, but what exactly about the process did you patch? Dynrec could probably help somewhat, although it only goes so far really. I'm still curious about gpsp with the 3x speedup and dynrec.
Just the KProcess' PID to 0. It was running under the dlplay process apparently.

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ninjhax 2.0 is already considerably faster than 1.0 at emulators on the N3DS, but you said that this gives a speedup even with Ninjjhax 2. So is this a speedup on top of the 2.0 speedup (and if so, does it work on the O3DS?)

Would it be possible to write an emulator that automatically does this speedup without needing a CFW to patch it?

danielps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ninjhax 2.0 is already considerably faster than 1.0 at emulators on the N3DS, but you said that this gives a speedup even with Ninjjhax 2. So is this a speedup on top of the 2.0 speedup (and if so, does it work on the O3DS?)

Would it be possible to write an emulator that automatically does this speedup without needing a CFW to patch it?
No, this is not a speedup on top of a speedup. It's just for emulators that can't work on ninjhax 2 because it doesn't have enough access.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to test the Latest version of this? Finally able to have NinjHax on my N3DS with Gateway/EmuNAND through IronHax. CitraGB works great despite the sluggishness of the Games I have tested. Seriously cant wait to get Wario Land going :D . If you need testers, just ask.
Gateway 9.2 Eur Emunand
9.2 FW
Latest NinjHax
N3DS XL (Eur)

danielps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there anyway to test the Latest version of this? Finally able to have NinjHax on my N3DS with Gateway/EmuNAND through IronHax. CitraGB works great despite the sluggishness of the Games I have tested. Seriously cant wait to get Wario Land going :D . If you need testers, just ask.
Gateway 9.2 Eur Emunand
9.2 FW
Latest NinjHax
N3DS XL (Eur)
I don't need testers right now, sorry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Almond Joys got nuts!