ROM Hack [Recruiting] Monster Hunter Stories Translation

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
On one hand its awesome that this is making it to the West, really didn't expect it to happen when we haven't had other spin-off titles like Poka Poka Felyne Village which I wouldn't have minded checking out even though I don't normally play those sort of games, but the MH connection would have made me, is that the only MH game on 3DS we don't have at this point?

Anyway, on the other hand it sucks that all work the team put into the translation is kinda nullified, at least with releasing what is done people can enjoy the game for awhile before it hits the West and hopefully saves will be easy enough to move from the JPN version.

Props to the team! hell maybe Capcom saw this was a thing and decided to localize it ;)

DecheadM8

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there anyway to play with this translation with update data? I installed the update and now the translations dont work :(

Kingwad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Is there anyway to play with this translation with update data? I installed the update and now the translations dont work :(

The OnionFS NTR plugin works with the update (tested with OnionFS 1.4). Remove the layeredfs.plg and put the OnionFS.plg in its place in SD:\plugin\000400000016E100. Them move the contents of SD:\mhst to SD:\OnionFS\000400000016E100\romfs (so you have, for example, the folder SD:\OnionFS\000400000016E100\romfs\archive). Then launch with NTR. I tested this on my o3DS (11.3) using NTR Mode 3 with the MHS 1.1 patch and it worked.

Also tested on my n3DS (11.4) using the latest BootNTR Selector (2.7.3). Success there too.

OnionFS also does code.ips patching and and code.bin replacement, so hopefully it should work with the soon to be released (?) new translation patch.

Last edited by Kingwad,

Line

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
We will release what we have in a week and then cancel the project.

A part of me is happy to finally see the game localized, as it is such a good game that even someone who's been hunting for over a decade like me was able to enjoy...
Another part is real sad about it being announced now... Somehow I expected Stories to (if ever) only be announced after the very rough estimate of May, ever since I finished MHSt awards I was dying to replay it and the patch's estimate was the very reason I was being patient and waiting.

Fan translations always amaze me and it wouldn't be the first time I would play a MH translation by dasding. But well, life happens!
I look forward to your patch guys and thanks for yet another great game translated!
On a final note, I'd like to ask if your pre-cancel patch will be compatible with the game's update?

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
A part of me is happy to finally see the game localized, as it is such a good game that even someone who's been hunting for over a decade like me was able to enjoy...
Another part is real sad about it being announced now... Somehow I expected Stories to (if ever) only be announced after the very rough estimate of May, ever since I finished MHSt awards I was dying to replay it and the patch's estimate was the very reason I was being patient and waiting.

Fan translations always amaze me and it wouldn't be the first time I would play a MH translation by dasding. But well, life happens!
I look forward to your patch guys and thanks for yet another great game translated!
On a final note, I'd like to ask if your pre-cancel patch will be compatible with the game's update?

yes it's compatible, in fact the to be released codepatch will only support game version v1.1.0

justneet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Will it be possible to post a pre-patched rom in that certain iso site for those of us with O3DS?

Thank you so much for the work you guys did so far!! I am so excited to play this game!!

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Will it be possible to post a pre-patched rom in that certain iso site for those of us with O3DS?

Thank you so much for the work you guys did so far!! I am so excited to play this game!!

Imagine it can be built into the Update similar to MHXX, though guess it doesn't matter too much if the base game gets the translation applied since can't imagine we will see another version.

justneet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Imagine it can be built into the Update similar to MHXX, though guess it doesn't matter too much if the base game gets the translation applied since can't imagine we will see another version.
They said they'll release what they have in a week, so there is going to be one last one, it seems!

TheGuyMadeOfTofu

Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by TheGuyMadeOfTofu,

Line

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yes it's compatible, in fact the to be released codepatch will only support game version v1.1.0

I'm really glad to know that! I'm not a pro on homebrew/cfw stuff and still can't understand this layeredFS thing that makes updates and patches misbehave with each other!
I'd spend a good few days trying to work my way on that... so thanks a lot, dasding! XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work