OnionFS - v1.4
OnionFS is a fork of layeredfs plugin made by cell9 that redirects romfs and code access to the SD card, useful for game mods. It works with any game, even if there is an update patch installed. For romfs redirection, you only need to put in your SD card the modified files, not the whole romfs directory nor a romfs.bin/game.romfs file.
All the games that work with layeredfs should be working with OnionFS.
Since this uses NTR CFW to be loaded, it won't work with some games.
- Super Smash Bros. (Won't work on N3DS, O3DS)
- Redirects romfs access. (optional)
- Redirects code.bin. (optional)
- Applies ips patches. (optional)
- Should work with any game that already works with layeredfs.
- Works even if there is an update patch installed, the update files will also be redirected.
- Optional custom redirection path.
- Extracted romfs (only modified files): "SD:/OnionFS/<titleID>/romfs/"
- code.bin: "SD:/OnionFS/<titleID>/code.bin"
- code.ips: "SD:/OnionFS/<titleID>/code.ips"
Changing SD redirection path:
To change the redirection path, use the included python script:
OnionFS_pathchange.py <plg file path> <redirection path>
OnionFS_pathchange.py OnionFS.plg folder/subfolder
If you are having issues, you can use OnionFS_debug.plg to output the plugin log to a file: SD:/OnionFS.log. The information given by the plugin may help you fixing what's wrong. It's not recommended to use the debug plugin for normal use as it may be slower.
- Download the OnionFS.plg and copy it to SD:/plugin/<titleID>.
- (Optional) Place only the modified files in their respective folders into SD:/OnionFS/<titleID>/romfs/.
- (Optional) Place your custom code.bin at SD:/OnionFS/<titleID>/code.bin.
- (Optional) Place the code.ips patch at SD:/OnionFS/<titleID>/code.ips.
- Install and boot NTR CFW (I recommend using BootNTR Selector).
@cell9 for making NTR CFW and layeredfs plugin.
@Nanquitas for helping me a lot.
Luma CFW for the ips patching code.
Last edited by PabloMK7,