Hacking Recover game saves/Profiles from dead switch

KayKay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I been away from Switch hacking for a good min. Bout a year now so I dont know any new stuff or remember sh!t from when it first began. I have one dead Switch that will not power on(Motherboard/GPU issue) and I just bought a non patched Switch on 8.1.0 firmware that I plan on hacking. My dead Switch was hacked with SXOS software and hardware when it first launched but I cant find any of my backup files or NAND files. I dont even remember what it would have been named. Now I see there are hella CFWs, softmods and now even hard mod methods that I'm a lil overwhelmed. Could be me gettin old and not keeping up lol. I have a lot of questions.

1. Is it possible to retrieve my game saves and/or profile info from the eMMC of the dead Switch by putting it in the new Switch?
2. If possible, do I need to hack the new Switch first and what method do I have to use?
3. As far a my new Switch, what is the best method to hack Switches now? I'm good at soldering so I can do hard mods too.
4. I have SX Pro that came with dongle and license. Since I originally used that to hack my original, now dead Switch, do I have to purchase a new license if I choose to hack my new Switch using that method again or can I reuse the license?
5. What are the benefits/differences from the different OS's/CFWs out there?
6. What are the benefits from hardmods over softmods?
7. Is there a solution to hack the Switch and play online via a stealth method(Appear on OFW) to not get banned?

Last edited by KayKay,

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 you cant just put the old emmc into the new switch the keys wont match and it wont work.
2 have you looked to see if your new switch is hackable. Check on http://switch.homebrew.guide
3 same question as 2
4 only difference between sxos and atmo is loading from usb in sxos.
5 u can use a dual boot official firmware for online and custom for atmo/sxos using an emunand

Last edited by wartutor,

KayKay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so my saves are gone. Okay now I have a new problem. After following the guide you provided I'm not able to launch Atmosphere CFW from Hekate. I followed all the steps in the guide. When I get into Hekate menu I see "Launch" then my options are "SysNAND", "EmuNAND", "StockSysNAND" and StockEmuNAND". I dont know what any of that means. I chose Emu and Sys NAND but I cant get Homebrew menu to launch while holding R. I have my micro SD Card inserted in my Switch.

Also, since this was a fresh Switch, it's asking me to link my Nintendo Account to my profile. Is this safe to do after I already hacked it? Should I launch stock sysnand or emunand then link my account? I already performed the step to block connection from Nintendo Servers and telementary in the guide.

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not sure i always just used fuseglee (how ever its spelled lol) to launch straight into atmo i never used emmunand or hekate. As for linking ur account if you blocked nintendo servers and telemetry i cant unless u unblock them. You only want to do that on a clean nand or risk ban.

KayKay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so should I run stock sys nand or stock emu nand from hekate to link my Nintendo ID? Or do I have to completely restore stock configurations(Remove Hack/CFW)?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For future reference, it's always a good idea to make periodic backups of all important save files using Checkpoint, and it's a good idea to store those backups somewhere safe online.

Reactions: wartutor

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think at this point u should make an emmunand from the clean stock backup u made then link your account from within it. Although u may be better off asking someone in https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-hacking-faq-updated.517252/ as they maybe able to help you better. Just make sure you explain every step you took, where you are at, and what your trying to achieve.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock