Recommend me some Anime and/or Manga

Which of my favorite Anime/Manga do you like best?

• Aria the Origination

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Baccano!

• Black Cat

• Clannad

• Fullmetal Alchemist

• Kamichu!

• Kino's Journey

• Liar Game

• One Piece

• Yotsuba&!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sefi said:
I've really enjoyed reading Full Metal Alchemist so I'd recommend that. I just read the final chapter and I think it ended much better than the original anime.

I also recommend Berserk although once you read it all you will be waiting months in between new chapters being released. It's always worth the wait though.

Moron.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Hayate no Gotoku...
It's a funny anime, with references to other anime here and there (although I don't understand most of them)... It's a good watch overall, you should check it out.

That's all I have, you've already watched so many anime... I don't know what to recommend any more.
nyanya.gif

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Raika said:
That's all I have, you've already watched so many anime... I don't know what to recommend any more.
nyanya.gif

there's always more anime to watch, it just depends if you're willing to go through all the shit first.

kakashi919

Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
For Manga, i recommend Psyren and History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi. Can't say for anime since you've watched more than i have ever lol

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kakashi919 said:
For Manga, i recommend Psyren and History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi. Can't say for anime since you've watched more than i have ever lol

Does anyone here actually watch/read anything besides goddamn battle series?

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rubedo said:
kakashi919 said:

Prince of Tennis
smileipb2.png

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shlong said:
Rubedo said:
kakashi919 said:

Prince of Tennis
smileipb2.png

Not interested in Tennis >_>

Escape

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raika said:
Hayate no Gotoku...
It's a funny anime, with references to other anime here and there (although I don't understand most of them)... It's a good watch overall, you should check it out.

nyanya.gif

+1 for HnG!
One of my favorites *points at my avatar*.
Currently reading the manga, as the anime ended, but I would definitely recommend it.
Code Geass will stay #1 for me.
I'm quite surprised that you gave the 2nd season a lower score than the 1st one, I personally thought the 2nd season was better, but whatever...

Shakugan no Shana and Zero no Tsukaima - those are a must see.
I'm not really good in describing a show, but try watching them - you'll definitely not regret it
tongue.gif

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Manga:
Shounen - Psyren, Mahou Sensei Negima(Read it for the action that comes later on), Bakuman(Gives insight into the workings of the manga industry), Beelzebub, Hunter X Hunter
Seinen: Mirai Nikki (Newest ch.s contain sex, so be warned)

Anime:
Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Higurashi no Naku Koro N
Togainu no Chi(When it comes out)
Neon Genesis Evangelion
End of Evangelion (watch after original series, and be prepared for a gigantic mindfuck)
Rebuild of Evangelion(MUCH better than original series)

What do you think?
EDIT:
Just noticed that you liked Baccano, in that case, watch Durarara! Its by the same author and is pretty goddamn awesome.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Escape said:
Raika said:
Hayate no Gotoku...

nyanya.gif

+1 for HnG!
Currently reading the manga, as the anime ended, but I would definitely recommend it.
I'm quite surprised that you gave the 2nd season a lower score than the 1st one, I personally thought the 2nd season was better, but whatever...

I'm not really good in describing a show, but try watching them - you'll definitely not regret it
tongue.gif

And that, my friends, is how you tell whether someone has any taste in anime or not.
No, Code Geass R2 was NOT better than season 1 by any stretch of the imagination. It was a complete trainwreck and anyone with any sense of taste can see that.

QUOTE(Gundam Eclipse @ Jun 11 2010, 11:20 AM)
Manga:
Shounen - Psyren, Mahou Sensei Negima(Read it for the action that comes later on), Bakuman(Gives insight into the workings of the manga industry), Beelzebub, Hunter X Hunter

Anime:
Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Higurashi no Naku Koro N
Neon Genesis Evangelion
End of Evangelion (watch after original series, and be prepared for a gigantic mindfuck)

What do you think?
EDIT:
Just noticed that you liked Baccano, in that case, watch Durarara! Its by the same author and is pretty goddamn awesome.

Again, someone who DID NOT READ MY LIST.
I'm already reading Bakuman and Mirai Nikki and plan to read Negima in the future.
Evangelion sucks, Rebuild is awesome.
Already watching Durarara, but you wouldn't know that because you didn't read my list.
And uh, not sure what you're talking about buddy, but there aren't any anime for Umineko no Naku Koro ni or Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.
There's an awesome series of visual novels though, especially Umineko, quite possibly the greatest thing ever written. You should check them out. It's a shame that they never made Anime for them though.

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Rubedo said:
Escape said:
Raika said:
Hayate no Gotoku...

nyanya.gif

+1 for HnG!

tongue.gif

And that, my friends, is how you tell whether someone has any taste in anime or not.
No, Code Geass R2 was NOT better than season 1 by any stretch of the imagination. It was a complete trainwreck and anyone with any sense of taste can see that.

Manga:

Anime:
Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Higurashi no Naku Koro N
Neon Genesis Evangelion

What do you think?
EDIT:

I'm already reading Bakuman and Mirai Nikki and plan to read Negima in the future.
Already watching Durarara, but you wouldn't know that because you didn't read my list.
And uh, not sure what you're talking about buddy, but there aren't any anime for Umineko no Naku Koro ni or Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.
There's an awesome series of visual novels though, especially Umineko, quite possibly the greatest thing ever written. You should check them out. It's a shame that they never made Anime for them though.
Oh, didn't notice the links, sorry.
I was only looking at the poll.

Also, read my PM.
Also, if you liked Monster, READ 20th Century Boys NOW. Its by the same author, and its much more fucking awesome than Monster. Doesn't have a anime though, but it does have some pretty good live action movies.

Also, if you are managing to watch Bleach, read Psyren, seriously, its goddamn awesome, though a bit cliched.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gundam Eclipse said:
Rubedo said:
Escape said:
Raika said:
Hayate no Gotoku...

nyanya.gif

+1 for HnG!

tongue.gif

Manga:

Anime:
Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Higurashi no Naku Koro N
Neon Genesis Evangelion

What do you think?
EDIT:

Oh, didn't notice the links, sorry.
I was only looking at the poll.

Also, read my PM.
Also, if you liked Monster, READ 20th Century Boys NOW. Its by the same author, and its much more fucking awesome than Monster. Doesn't have a anime though, but it does have some pretty good live action movies.

Also, if you are managing to watch Bleach, read Psyren, seriously, its goddamn awesome, though a bit cliched.

Monster was great, but really long winded and the ending was just about the worst ending I've seen short of Mahoromatic 2.
I've heard good things about that so I'll probably read 20th Century Boys eventually.
And nah, not interested in more generic shounen.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, you have your own thread...I'll just quote my other post.

QUOTE said:
Here's a few other lesser known anime that I'd personally suggest.
PlanetES
Mushishi (@Rubedo: If you liked Kino's Journey you'll probably like this)
Last Exile
Karas (6 episode OVA)

And here's a few hit and miss depending on taste.
GaoGaiGar (Starts off slow, monster of the week style. You can pretty much safely skip the first 20 episodes, but boy does it pick up. It's a Super Robot show though so not for everyone)
GaoGaiGar FINAL (OVA followup to GaoGaiGar)
Tekkaman Blade (This is pretty old and you'll definitely notice it's age, but the story is great and might even leave you depressed. It's a...Power Armor show like Kamen Rider and such, but has a much more serious and darker tone.)

Now reading your list it seems you plan on watching Mushishi and PlanetES.
I'm going to +1 those in the hopes of getting you to bump them up your list as both are quite excellent, top 5 for me personally.

[EDIT]

Also, the Monster manga was great and I didn't feel ripped off or anything during my entire read. I haven't seen the anime so I can't compare directly though.

[EDIT]

Also also, I was so sad when Aria ended that I went and read the manga. One of the few cases where I think the anime outshone the manga, the music really adds to the entire feel of the series.

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i recommend clannad if you want a fruit of life anime. it made me cry and it takes ALOT to make me cry.

if you want an action anime i recommend a tie between one piece and Full Metal Alchemist.

i know this isn't on the list but if you want a totally bizarre anime i recommend fooly cooly or FLCL.

no matter which of the choices you choose you can not go wrong they will all touch you in different ways (especially clannad). each of the choices hold a dear spot in my heart and will hold a spot in many anime geeks heart as well.

Escape

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW...
I was only saying my opinion... no need to troll about it.
You can't prove that the 1st season was better just because you think so - it's all about your taste/opinion...
In my opinion, the 2nd season was better, but the first one was also awesome.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
1 - Again, Outlaw Star? It's not on either of your lists, nor has it been mentioned in the thread (other than my previous post). I'd attempt to write up an explanation of it, but I'm bad at that. ^^; There's also it's "Sister Series" that takes place in the same universe (Angel Links), but I've never actually watched that one so I don't know if you'd enjoy it or not.

2 - Stop biting the hand that feeds you. Insulting people for suggesting stuff that's already on your list is one thing (though you could do it with an explanation, not a one-word insulting reply over and over), however you've insulted people based on their tastes ("trainwreck", anybody?), and got all uppity when tk_saturn embedded a youtube video showing a clip from a series when he was giving you a suggestion and providing an example of the suggestion for you.

Stuff like that is what gives people heavily into anime/manga a bad name. I like anime/manga, and I don't want people looking at how you're acting in this thread and assuming its the norm. :\ I already have the noisy/annoying/fucked-up furries giving me a bad name, I don't need to get more just from my like of a few japanese cartoons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7