ROM Hack reason why a good full english patch is needed for hgss

rpspartin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just thought about this, we all know of the problems being made with the latest mario rpg. Don't you think that when this game comes out in amarica it won't have protection greater then that. The way i see it is if people want to go and pirate this game the easiest way to play would be to get a 100% english patch.
yaynds.gif

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well creating a fix for a game is still likely to be 10x easier then translating an entire game, there are many problems that you might encounter e.g. english letters won't fit were the japanese characters might have then you have to make new letters blah blah blah the list goes on....

S

spectral

rpspartin said:
I just thought about this, we all know of the problems being made with the latest mario rpg. Don't you think that when this game comes out in amarica it won't have protection greater then that. The way i see it is if people want to go and pirate this game the easiest way to play would be to get a 100% english patch.
yaynds.gif

Easiest for who? Do you have any idea how long it takes to translate a full game? Its way quicker just to hack to protection after it comes out.

rpspartin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spectral said:
rpspartin said:
yaynds.gif

Easiest for who? Do you have any idea how long it takes to translate a full game? Its way quicker just to hack to protection after it comes out.

Yes I have an idea of how long it takes to translate a full game but since nintendo's got a new partner company who's only job is to make games pirate hell that might just be the easiest thing to do.

S

spectral

You go and do it then. The fact that most copy protection is broken within a week still means that it is much much easier/faster to do that than to translate a full game which would take a group of people months of work.

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
clegion said:
8BitWalugi said:
Hey I heard someone is working on a really good patch! But he's not releasing it until 2010.
is the group name nintendo?

No way! How did you guess!
they are all over the net, and they said you can play ds game without flashcart with the trans patch ...... lol
oh and they are also giving pokewalkers if you give them money and your soul

dewback

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rpspartin said:
yaynds.gif

if you did not know that the mario rpg was cracked the day it was released to download and a few days before you could buy the game.

Translations are very hard to do and might have the same effect of Zero Wing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o