Realtek HD Drivers for XP SP3

HugaTheFox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Realtek ALC 880, so its the HD Audio chip. Its an on board chip. So I check realtek.com, and they had one labeled XP/2000/Server 2003. However, I checked the zip because the exe won't work, and it was only for 2000 SP4, XP SP1, and XP SP2 (And server). Anyone know of any drivers?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A quick Google search shows that you're probably looking for a setup file called wdm_r274.exe. It can be found on several websites that aren't the official Realtek page.

Alternatively, you could run a scan of your device using something like Driver Magician to see what driver it recommends for your audio device.

Edit: It is on the Realtek website, too. It's probably the same version you tried before. Have you tried installing it using the inf method?

Last edited by Lacius,

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just try the XP SP2 drivers. They might be a little old but should still work.
Don't use the setup exe, go to device manager and update the drivers manually.
Failing that you can try DriverPack Solution Online. https://drp.su/en
I use it at work, just don't install the optional software crap that it recommends.

HugaTheFox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So new thing here, I have installed the drivers, and windows says "This device is working properly". Thats wrong, it wont play sound and games like Frets On Fire say no device card

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic: clocked higher of course +1