Hacking RealHotStuff.com has R4's in stock

GIJersey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a heads-up for everyone looking for an R4. RealHotStuff.com just got a shipment in today of the latest black version of the R4. I have compared all the usual suspects selling carts and RHS prices are excellent, and even more important their customer service is great! I ordered my R4 at 2PM and I got a confirmation email AT 3PM that it will ship out today via DHL, and I will have it in two days at my door. Best part is, the DHL shipping is only $8. Can't beat this deal anywhere else I have seen. Their site still says "out of stock" on the R4, but the representative I spoke to on the phone said they had not updated the online inventory yet, and they do have em ready to ship, so just place your order if ya need one.

I have had two friends that have dealt with them in the past and have highly praised the way RHS does business. I actually called them on their toll free number with a question and I got an answer on the 2nd ring. The person on the phone was knowledgeable and really helpful. Their forums also tell the tale of a lot of happy customers.

In addition, they have an amazing 90 day return policy, I don't believe anyone else selling carts offers that.

Now go get your R4 ALREADY!
yaynds.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good news! I pre-ordered 3 of them on the 15th and was wondering if they were actually going to get any more or not, despite the RHS dude "saying" that they were getting more today.

So that should mean mine got sent out today too. WOOT!

Funny, haven't gotten a confirmation of the R4's being sent out yet though.
dry.gif

GIJersey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder,

When I called them at 2PM EST, they said they had just received their shipment of R4's. I would assume they are probably still processing the back-orders. I would give them a ring to just confirm - Toll Free: 888-242-6489.

"3 of them", sounds like your gonna make some friends happy this week
gba.gif

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figure if I don't get an email by tomorrow, I will call. I did leave a message on the RHS forums about it.

GIJersey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your Welcome Guys. And my avatar I grabbed from Danny Walker's Blog. The full size image is there if ya want it. This is one of the best promotional babe pics I have seen for the DS, so I just had to have it...
rolleyes.gif

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a little worried. The order I made on the 15th for 3 R4's still hasn't been confirmed as being sent. You would think pre-orders would get priority over someone that just ordered.

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the RHS dude answered my post at another forum (SCdev) where I voiced my concerns. He said that pre-orders will be sent out tomorrow because they actually test all the R4DS's for a bad spring before shipping them.

Good to know that I didn't get passed over for peeps only ordering one, and that they actually test the buggers for the bogus spring. Saves me some time and aggravation of having to send any back that would show up fubar'd.

Yay.

GIJersey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder,

I wouldn't worry to much, I just noticed that they just updated the R4 inventory on their site a little while ago. I would think that back-orders do in fact get priority. When you call tomorrow, ask for Ron.

UPDATE: Glad to hear that you got your question answered from RHS. I forgot to mention in my original post that YES they do test each R4 they get in before shipping it out!

Now that's Kick Ass Quality Control!
bow.gif

ceraphis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow I love RHS. I got like 3 things from them in the past.

get this, I ordered a M3 DS Simply today, even though...I know they're the same but I had wanted an R4 instead for the theoretical reasons others have been saying, like M3DSS is a rebranded version and stuff. So I put on the comments, send an R4 if theres no difference and you happen to get them in stock. Lo and behold, they did it and apparently it is coming tomorrow...I've NEVER had one day shipping before, at such a low price even! All I have to say is wow, and I'm proud of them New Jerseyans

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Nintendo didn't raid the secret R4 factories yet?

I think it was all just BS and speculation to try and rationalize the R4 shortage. I believe the truth of the matter is that R4's are selling almost as well as the DS itself and they just can't keep up with demand.

They go faster than a whore giving out freebies.
wink.gif

roguetrip

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Dardon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, that was fast! I'm kinda glad mine came today finally. I noticed the newer cards have silver color pins, and not gold like my other older card. Also the spring seems to be much better then the older one.

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just received the 3 I pre-ordered on the 15th from RHS. They got more in Monday and are already out of them, LOL. The 3 I received were from the Monday restock. They sent them out Tuesday (after testing the springs Monday) and I got them today.

Funny thing, the people I got these for are all not home (I wasted a lot of time making calls and banging on doors), so they don't even know they are available to them yet. Suckers on them.
tongue.gif
They could be
gba.gif
right now, but instead, wherever they are, they are going
unsure.gif
waiting for them.

Man! The springs are stiff as hell in these units. I don't remember mine ever being that stiff. Maybe they fixed the problem they were having with them? Time will tell.

Anyway.....

They came as black/dark grey carts, with a silver USB microSD reader (is that one any good?), a mini disk and a light-blue strap of some sort. Don't know what that strap is supposed to be for.
Months ago, when I got mine (white, I wanted the black one.....) it had a little keychain light instead of that lamo strap thingy, and the blackish/clear USB Reader (the one with the little pyramid-like raised areas, which I heard is a good one) and the mini disk. I'd rather have the light than that useless strap myself. Ah well, not my problem.

I tested all 3 that I got and they all seem to work just fine. This was the 4th time I bought from RHS and the 4th time I got perfectly good working product.
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqw6t28P9po