Blue-K

No right of appeal.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
kedest said:
I really hope it will support files over 4GB in size (through a linux file system, don't think homebrew can use ntfs?)
I don't know...look what Marcan said at HackMii:
marcanlike proper NTFS filesystem support
If I understand this right, he had something like NTFS-Support, right? I just realy hope that now Wanin will release the source, or someone will make an Open-Source one...(WiiPower
tongue.gif
?), so with no Ads, and people can contribute something...

carbonyle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
Blue-K said:
If I understand this right, he had something like NTFS-Support, right? I just realy hope that now Wanin will release the source, or someone will make an Open-Source one...(WiiPower
tongue.gif
?), so with no Ads, and people can contribute something...
for NTFS there is ntfs-3g on linux which is open source but you need a linux kernel... maybe he has read-only option? who cares marcan will never release it and not give sources.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ISO's are over 4GB. But if you extract the ISO to a folder on the drive, the files are much much smaller ofcourse. Maybe that's how it works.

ajd4096

Trophies
XP
Country
Blue-K said:
If I understand this right, he had something like NTFS-Support, right?

Not necessarily. For a proof-of-concept like this he may have just dumped the ISO image to the HD as a raw device, no file system required at all.

You can only store one image, but you only need one to prove the rest works.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
kedest said:
ISO's are over 4GB. But if you extract the ISO to a folder on the drive, the files are much much smaller ofcourse. Maybe that's how it works.
But it was Brawl, WITH the Videos. So no DVD5-Version...it must be the full Dual-Layer ISO, which is shurly over 4 GB with the Videos...he must done something special in this step here:
QUOTE6am - 7am: make USB storage work, add DI commands
Question now...what he's done?

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kedest said:
I really hope it will support files over 4GB in size (through a linux file system, don't think homebrew can use ntfs?)

Or he does it like the HD/USB Loader for PS2 and split the files
wink.gif

Who need NTFS
tongue.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think both Marcan and Waninkoko just splitted the .isos at every GB. That's a very easy solution for the problem that works all most(all?) filesystems.

carbonyle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
kedest said:
I don't think it work like this. I think those loader emulate the dvd drive so youu need an image of the disk.
Maybe the missing cIOS for the loader can create a virtual drive (this could explain why waninkoko needed dvd-drive info weeks ago)

BMasterP

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
if marcan coded such an app in 6 hours, is he one of the best coder out there then? together with the other coders for the wii? cos people are coding for every system right? the original xbox has loads of apps and dashboards, thats also coding right? what if one of those coders would invest time in coding for the wii, or is it totally different?
also, what language is used for coding?? i know they use the devkit pro and stuff, but there's also a coding language involved isn't there?

ddp127

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
UranusKiller said:
QUOTE said:
ddp127
would be even nicer to load iso's over smb
No chance, WIFI driver is crap, 300-750kbps, wifi
Similar to the cIOSusb2 by kwiirk, we require replacing IOS' WiFi module to one that actually works.
Even still over Network is way too ambitious
tongue.gif

i know, but it would be cool.

i also already knew wifi isn't fast enough, and my wifi at home is even slower than that
tongue.gif

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
a menu similar to that would be awesome for the usb loader. my girlfriend would love it. she hates to switch dvd or she doesn't put them back into the right case.

Cmurda187

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the usb loader is a great idea. Especially if you are too lazy to get up and change a game
tongue.gif
I hope Wanin still releases this even though it has been leaked by someone. Probably not, I remember when someone leaked his first loader he abandonded that project so I hope that this one doesn't get abandoned as well. Wonder what Wanin has to say about this leak?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    haddad @ haddad: anyone online can help me with my new 2ds xl please...