Hacking Real time save trouble

SometimesDavid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure if what I want to do is possible, but I'll explain the problem and would love to hear if anything can be done to help. My girlfriend and I both have flash cards. I have a G6 Lite and she has a Supercard, and we were having a grand old time playing Pokemon. (Leaf Green and Fire Red, fact fans.) Her flatmate gave her the Supercard, and had told her that to save she should use the real time save by holding L+R+B+Select. We linked our GBAs together, went into the trade centre and swapped a couple of Pokemon - and then, before we left, she did a real time save. Uh oh. This caused a communications failure, where the screen goes black and tells you to turn the GBA off and on again. The problem is that her game was on that real time save, and when she does the real time load it immediately goes to the trade centre and therefore the communication failure screen. She can't get back to her game.

I expect there's nothing that can be done, but I thought there might be a glimmer of hope in that the Pokemon game saves when you go into linkup mode. Am I right in thinking that on her flash cart there will be the real time save file, and somewhere embedded within that file will be the information from that last save before she entered the trade centre? And if so, is it possible to extract that save file and continue using it? What I'd be looking for is the actual savegame data from the Pokemon game, so that she can use that from now on rather than the real time save/load nonsense.

Sorry if this is all a bit obvious - I don't know much about Supercards. Any help would greatly appreciated by both me and a girl who fears she has lost Pootle, her cherished Charmander.

SometimesDavid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
After reading up on it more, I see that L+R+B+Select does the real time save, and to save normal savegames to the memory you have to do L+R+A+Select. (After getting used to the G6 Lite doing it automatically, that seems a bit of a hassle.)

So... Do you think that if I do the following:

1) Load up the saved state using the real-time load (showing me the communications error screen)
2) Press L+R+A+Select, which writes the saved game (the save just before entering the trade centre) from the saved state to the card's memory, hopefully. I guess it's copying a .sav file to a different memory location. (Again, I'm sorry don't know much about Supercards.)
3) Restart the game, hopefully to see the saved game automatically load up.

Something tells me that won't work, but I thought I'd ask. In step 2, I don't think the .sav file will even exist, so it can't get copied anywhere. It would be great to hear other people's advice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...