Is it possible to transfer a BizHawk GBA save file to a real cartridge?

Azurai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been looking into potentially doing some RNG manipulation in Pokemon Emerald to hunt for some shinies, unfortunately despite my numerous attempts my reflexes are not fast enough and I can't nail the timing. So I've been thinking of using BizHawk's TAS functionality to help me with the precise timing required. I have a GB Operator and can use Epilogue to backup and upload my saves, but the problem is that BizHawk uses .SaveRAM instead of .sav files.

I've tried changing the extension manually and that will let BizHawk play my backed up save file, but the problem comes with transferring the file back. When BizHawk saves it seems to add some data to the file. It changes the Emerald save file from 128kb to 129kb. Epilogue will still let me force the save onto my cartridge and it seemed to work when I did so, but I am concerned about corrupting my save file this way (or possibly doing more permanent damage to the actual game file, though I don't know if that is actually possible). Is there a way to safely convert the save files?

Azurai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Comparing the file sizes it seems to be a 16 byte footer. Deleting it restored the file to the proper size and Epilogue didn't seem to have any issues uploading my save to the cartridge. Thank you guys for the help!

Wokann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
it seems emulator add some rtc info after origin sav. as far as i know, new version of mgba will add this rtc bytes for emulator using. just delete this bytes is ok.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: No way, Switch pro will be next