Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hakujintanuki said:
KingVamp said:
hakujintanuki said:
The only downside to using a flashcart to play DS games on your 3DS is that your daily log (which is similar, but more detailed than how it is on the Wii) will only display that one game, I bet.
Also, instead of keeping a record of all the different DS games you own, your log will most likely only show the game that appears on the flashcart's header.
And?

It's not a major deal-breaker, but some people might care.

The thing I forgot to mention is how sub-par DS games look while played on the 3DS. And I don't mean in comparison to a 3DS game, I mean in comparison to playing a DS game on a previous DS system. The upscaling isn't handled particularly well, and everything appears fuzzy and just not very clear. The games look better played on a system with the correct resolution.
I do not think DS mode on 3DS vs ds aren't that different in terms in looks.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
peppers said:
something that confuses me is I thought that all ds and dsi enhanced titles are region free. Is this not correct? why dose the wrong country bootstrap matter?For DSi games. DS games are currently working regardless of region. As for DSi-enhanced, they are region-locked in a DSi, not in a DS.

QUOTE(shinkukage09 @ Feb 27 2011, 02:44 PM) They probably left DSmode rather open, knowing it was rather pointless to block it.
They can't fully block it without blocking DS game carts*, so they just did the stuff the DSi's firmware updates did.
* - While they technically can, it's not feasible.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
punkkapoika said:
Nintendo, you just got pwned
glare.gif
except it only runs in ds mode
tongue.gif

It's the first step... So we shall see... NOw we just gotta wait and see who the next team is? SC? 0.o

fairuza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the 3ds mode will be cracked eventually and then you will just disable auto-updating and download the cracked 3ds updates manually to get new features but keep flashcart or whatever capabilities.

people are such idiots. over and over each system gets cracked and yet dummies keep acting like something will change. it's embarrassing to witness at this point.

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fairuza said:
the 3ds mode will be cracked eventually and then you will just disable auto-updating and download the cracked 3ds updates manually to get new features but keep flashcart or whatever capabilities.

people are such idiots. over and over each system gets cracked and yet dummies keep acting like something will change. it's embarrassing to witness at this point.

just like dsi mode right XDXD

freestile

Trophies
https://www.youtube.com/user/freestilesteve
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Great news either way. Now lets just see if my good ole supercard dstwo will
work. Would be nice. In all honestly probably the only reason I would buy a 3ds
is if I can run homebrew/roms from ds/ds mode. None of the actual 3ds games
look of any interest to me. I guess the cameras would be nice as well since I
dont really have a suitable digital camera. Either way I think I'll end up getting
a 3ds somewhere down the line. Just not sure if it would be better to get one sooner
then later. I'll just have to wait and see how everything pans out I guess.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Dr.Aqua said:
Not so sure the Acekard team will get this
they rarely do aything
lolno

1 - The Acekard team is responsible for the bootloader updates, which is the issue here. They released both 1.4 and 1.4.1 updates when needed. They leave the firmware up to AKAIO because as any hacker should know, you shouldn't waste energy and duplicate effort making a copy of something that already exists.

2 - http://www.acekard.com/news.php#101
They already did it.

cyankhan

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi Guys ,
I am currently in japan. I checked out the 3ds the other day and it has no English options. Anyways if i buy a ds can later flash cart enable English ??? Suppose if buy a japanese DS lite will it work with R4 Woods in ENglish ?.

Thanks

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
blueboy said:
If you buy a Japanese DS Lite, You can definitely use the flashcart in English! I'm not sure about the 3DS though....

Flashcart languages are set in the options menu of the cart, not in the DS menu. In other words a (J) DSL will work in English just by using the options panel of the Flashcart.

-Qtis

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
cyankhan said:
Hi Guys ,
I am currently in japan. I checked out the 3ds the other day and it has no English options. Anyways if i buy a ds can later flash cart enable English ??? Suppose if buy a japanese DS lite will it work with R4 Woods in ENglish ?.

Thanks
Yeah, but only the flashcart etc. will be in English.
Flashcarts can't modify the system.

hakujintanuki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KingVamp said:
hakujintanuki said:
KingVamp said:
hakujintanuki said:
The only downside to using a flashcart to play DS games on your 3DS is that your daily log (which is similar, but more detailed than how it is on the Wii) will only display that one game, I bet.
Also, instead of keeping a record of all the different DS games you own, your log will most likely only show the game that appears on the flashcart's header.
And?

It's not a major deal-breaker, but some people might care.

The thing I forgot to mention is how sub-par DS games look while played on the 3DS. And I don't mean in comparison to a 3DS game, I mean in comparison to playing a DS game on a previous DS system. The upscaling isn't handled particularly well, and everything appears fuzzy and just not very clear. The games look better played on a system with the correct resolution.
I do not think DS mode on 3DS vs ds aren't that different in terms in looks.

Well, I'm telling you it is. The screen resolution is different, so it upscales the DS games to fit the screen. 3D models don't look terrible (as in polygons, not the actual 3D effects), but sprites look really bad and fuzzy due to being lower resolution than the screen. You can boot the DS games in their native resolution, but then the screen size is pretty small.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
spinal_cord said:
Schlupi said:
Wow. I guess that's pretty impressive. Still... It has already been beaten by an R4 clone.
tongue.gif

Only the NEWS was beaten, if you read the post, the CURRENT CycloDSi works on the 3DS out-of-the-box, it wasn't beaten at all.

QUOTE(1234turtles @ Feb 27 2011, 08:12 AM) its ironic how the worst flashcart(r4) is the first to work on the 3ds i thought acekard or scds2 would have been first

First TESTED, not first to WORK, as stated, this ALREADY worked.
Yeah, because BLIND LUCK is worth capitol letters on the Internet.
An R4i clone (R4iGold) also works without an update, and I'm relatively sure it was out before the iEvo, so by your logic this is the 2nd to WORK on the 3DS.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
minilion said:
Furthermore, DSi mode had a new set of blowfish keys for the cart encryption, which so far only Team Cyclops has shown to have acquired. And god knows how long that took for them, probably through sniffing the TWL RAM chip.
Without a doubt, 3DS will feature a new set of blowfish keys aswell, and with the 3DS showing an epoxy layer over the RAM chip, and no easy access vias for the RAM chip, it just becomes almost impossible to sniff the 3DS RAM chip for these keys.
Since when has Epoxy ever stopped anybody? You can always dremel that stuff away.
But if Nintendo has any sense they will have protected the games with an asymetric encryption and unless it has a serious bug in it, like it had on the Wii or Ps3, you can't crack that. You might find an exploit somewhere, but you can't just run a card, like the DS did.

QUOTE(boktor666 @ Feb 27 2011, 01:54 PM) I dun think so matey. Why would they care less for their older games. It's still made by companies, and they still want to see money for it. I think it's just to test the community of hackers, and then block the cards.
God you people are annoying. It has been said time and time again. They can't ramp up the copy protection for normal DS games! The DS game encryption has been completely hacked. If they would add new copy protection they would break compatibility with DS and DSL. They are doing what they can.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou