REAL first working 3DS ds flashcard

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
So the Acekard works too, huh? Crap, maybe I should order one...unless someone finds a way to get the original R4 running on a 3DS.

1234turtles

Memer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
monteno said:
GREAT NEWS ACEKARD IT'S WORKING TOO
yaywii.gif
nayps3.gif

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLVl0hmbAGU[/youtube]
acekard you have never let me down
acekard 4 ever

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.Darky said:
So the Acekard works too, huh? Crap, maybe I should order one...unless someone finds a way to get the original R4 running on a 3DS.

I'd say probably not...I don't think the R4 has an updatable bootstrap.

Alice Margatroid in your avatar?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There's currently no interesting game on 3DS for me, so I thought I'll wait before buying one, but if DS mode is possible with flashcards then it may change my plan as I only own a FAT NDS with bad back lights.
I'll be happy to play my DS games on a bigger and clearer screen. :yay3ds:

If Nintendo blacklist the card, I guess they will release a bootloader update like they did for 1.41, cat and mouse game again.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
peppers said:
something that confuses me is I thought that all ds and dsi enhanced titles are region free. Is this not correct? why dose the wrong country bootstrap matter?
Because the DSi and it's games are region locked, the bootstrapper (essentially information from a game) is also region locked and would be rejected if loaded onto a DSi of the wrong region.

This DOES NOT affect the iEvolution from booting into DS Mode, only DSi Mode, so it can still function as a 'regular' DS Mode card like the AK2i, SuperCard DSTwo, R4i Gold and so on.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
1234turtles said:
sony is pwning hackers
hackers are pwning nintendo
Not really, The difference is that Sony's on an online ban party, while Nintendo isn't.
And there isn't much Nintendo can do about DS flashcarts, the only thing they can do is to block them (temporarily).
What they don't want however is pirated 3DS titles, so that's where their real protection is at.

Dalrint

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This seems like something they should have kept to themselves until it was released here. Nintendo could change the security again.

hakujintanuki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dalrint said:
This seems like something they should have kept to themselves until it was released here. Nintendo could change the security again.
Why? Team Cyclops isn't JUST USA. I have a 3DS right now.

Unfortunately, my card is an old Cyclo Evo, so I can't test it on my system.
Does anyone know what ROM header currently appears for the Cyclo iEvo when you look at it or load it in the 3DS system menu?

The only downside to using a flashcart to play DS games on your 3DS is that your daily log (which is similar, but more detailed than how it is on the Wii) will only display that one game, I bet.
Also, instead of keeping a record of all the different DS games you own, your log will most likely only show the game that appears on the flashcart's header.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dalrint said:
Maybe that what super card is doing?

QUOTE(hakujintanuki @ Feb 27 2011, 04:16 PM) The only downside to using a flashcart to play DS games on your 3DS is that your daily log (which is similar, but more detailed than how it is on the Wii) will only display that one game, I bet.
Also, instead of keeping a record of all the different DS games you own, your log will most likely only show the game that appears on the flashcart's header.
And?

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haddad said:
Nice!!! So far we got Acekard 2i, R4iDSN, and CycloDS iEvo!!

DS2 is next
tongue.gif

YES!

I own two of those carts already =D.. But I'm patiently awaiting the SCDSTWO! If they get it to work in DSL mode, will the GBA emulator work as well?

hakujintanuki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KingVamp said:
hakujintanuki said:
The only downside to using a flashcart to play DS games on your 3DS is that your daily log (which is similar, but more detailed than how it is on the Wii) will only display that one game, I bet.
And?

It's not a major deal-breaker, but some people might care.

The thing I forgot to mention is how sub-par DS games look while played on the 3DS. And I don't mean in comparison to a 3DS game, I mean in comparison to playing a DS game on a previous DS system. The upscaling isn't handled particularly well, and everything appears fuzzy and just not very clear. The games look better played on a system with the correct resolution.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol