XP
Country
boktor666 said:
moodswinger said:
boktor666 said:
moodswinger said:
boktor666 said:
ITS A TRAP.

No srsly, this is a trap. The first two working flashcards, and it's already on the biggest flashcard community of the world. Don't you think it's strange that these cards are working, while they claimed to have big ass AP on their system. Mabey they are, at the moment, looking at the news of these cards and already are producing counter measures.

Good thing though that iCyclo is already working without the update. Seems that the DS bootstrap is the same as the dsi.

Well, it is possible that they only applied the AP on the 3DS mode.

I dun think so matey. Why would they care less for their older games. It's still made by companies, and they still want to see money for it. I think it's just to test the community of hackers, and then block the cards.
They didn't make much of a test... Cyclo worked without any updates.

exactly.
biggrin.gif
Thats the point. (you know where I'm going?)
Got yah, matey.
biggrin.gif
But I don't think their counter measures will work. Just look what happened to the DSi.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
idulkoan said:
Etalon said:
You guys understand that there are going to be A LOT of firmware updates on 3DS in the future?

This is just the first round.... Maybe this is going to happen every three months now.
True, Nintendo is planning to update and update and update, unlike the way they updated the wii and DSi

Forced on-cart 3DS game updates.

We've won this battle dudes.

But we can't lose the war.

"Nintendo Issues a C+D for the makers of the illegal flashcart known as the Cyclo iEvolution, other reports say that a unofficial R4 team is headed in Nintendo legal sights as well"

The Scene could have created a another legal crazy Company

You can't tell me Nintendo is going to stand by and watch this happen.

Sure it can't pirate 3DS games...so they can't be a a little bitch and blame piracy. And this will even increase more 3DS sales...which might translate to more 3DS game buyers.

But Nintendo swore that this would be a more 'secure' console..and all that hype hype.

They have their Ego and Word on the line..

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would change it around on nintendo. the cyclo team should just say hey my cart was here first. your machine is compatible with my cart. and then sue nintendo.

jk, but this makes me want a 3ds now. i didn't want one because i didn't want to lose my ds favs. but if i can have both that would rock.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It doesn't matter which one is first, by the time the 3DS is released here, all of them will work.

It doesn't matter if you have a JP 3DS, it's not region-free, so if you got one, you screwed yourself over, unless you're gonna import all games you wanna buy and can understand japanese.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't surprising since the iEvo relied on a save game exploit to get into DSi mode. All the other carts used the same method of accessing the DS mode so they were easily blocked (if only temporarily)

On a side note, I don't think Nintendo could fix the savegame bug issue with a firmware patch. Unlike on the Wii, the saves are stored on the cartridge, so they can't 'fix' the save on the fly like on the Wii since those are stored locally. Thus the iEvo seems much safer from firmware patches than other carts.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
doyama said:
This isn't surprising since the iEvo relied on a save game exploit to get into DSi mode. All the other carts used the same method of accessing the DS mode so they were easily blocked (if only temporarily)

On a side note, I don't think Nintendo could fix the savegame bug issue with a firmware patch. Unlike on the Wii, the saves are stored on the cartridge, so they can't 'fix' the save on the fly like on the Wii since those are stored locally. Thus the iEvo seems much safer from firmware patches than other carts.

At that time, the IEvo does not use it's DSi bootstrap since none is available for japan, it only uses the mechassault US DS boostrap.

BloodRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
bigpaws said:
make 3ds mode work based on the way they got dsi mode working and ill bite
nity will most likly update it for the US and EU launch to not allow these carts

That would require massive post-prod changes which are unlikely to happen. There will likely be a firmware update released at a later date designed to combat any popular working cards though and that's when the game of cat and mouse really begins.

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From Digital Trends:Source

QUOTE said:
Two of Nintendo's UK executives are pretty confident about the company's upcoming 3DS handheld's ability to fight piracy.

Is piracy coming to an end? Nintendo’s UK general manager thinks we may be at the cusp of a new day when piracy is no longer a viable option. Speaking with CVG about Nintendo’s upcoming 3DS handheld, David Yarnton and UK marketing manager James Honeywell seemed pretty confident in the new anti-piracy technology in the system and the increased pressure countries around the world are putting on digital thieves.

“We can’t divulge any technical details on that but needless to say this is probably one of our best pieces of equipment in that respect,” said Yarnton. “There are a lot of things we’ve learnt over time to try and improve the security and protection – not only of our IP but of our third-party publishers’ IP as well. It’s not just to the extent of the technical side but on a global basis many countries and governments are recognising that the IP of creative industries and such needs to be protected. There are things happening all the time, but as I said if you went and made bold statements saying ‘this is uncrackable’…”

Honeywell elaborated on Yarnton’s statements with more enthusiasm. “There’s definitely a step change coming and you see it in various countries around the world,” said Honeywell. “People are aware that video games, music and movies make massive contributions to the economies of countries. They need to make sure they start protecting those things. I think perhaps there’s been a ‘heyday of piracy’ and we’ve now seen a lot of rules come in to stop it.”

Last year, THQ also spoke highly of Nintendo’s anti-piracy efforts in the 3DS, but as of yet, neither Nintendo or its partners have revealed any significant details on exactly how the system combats digital copies differently from previous video game handhelds. Though countries are beginning to crack down on pirates, illegal downloads of video games continue to soar. With more and more digital distribution on the horizon, the industry will only face greater pressure in the future.

The Nintendo 3DS hits U.S. shelves on March 27 for a suggested retail price of $249.

Don't hold your breath for 3DS mode flash cards.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Stevetry said:
Bladexdsl said:
Stevetry said:
all we need is good old Ds mode to play the already huge ds game library for 3ds games buy them people
i will when some decent ones come up not the shite i have seen so far
smileipb2.png

stop playing petz and go play radiant historia or something
i do on no$
rofl2.gif

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bigpaws said:
make 3ds mode work based on the way they got dsi mode working and ill bite
nity will most likly update it for the US and EU launch to not allow these carts
Did they do that with the LL to XL?

This is why CycloDS iEvolution was release so late.
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

edit: And I do not see them taking ds compatibility off through a update.

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
Stevetry said:
Bladexdsl said:
Stevetry said:
all we need is good old Ds mode to play the already huge ds game library for 3ds games buy them people
smileipb2.png

i do on no$
rofl2.gif
wow nice laggy gameplay

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Stevetry said:
Bladexdsl said:
Stevetry said:
Bladexdsl said:
Stevetry said:
smileipb2.png

i do on no$
rofl2.gif
wow nice laggy gameplay
you've obviously never heard of ZOOMER i play all my ds games at full speed plus take a look at my setup do you really think anything anywhere will lagg on this?
smileipb2.png

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
Stevetry said:
Bladexdsl said:
Stevetry said:
Bladexdsl said:
Stevetry said:
smileipb2.png

i do on no$
rofl2.gif
wow nice laggy gameplay
you've obviously never heard of ZOOMER i play all my ds games at full speed plus take a look at my setup do you really think anything anywhere will lagg on this?
smileipb2.png

what ever believe what you want XD

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Etalon said:
trumpet-205 said:
Schlupi said:
Wow. I guess that's pretty impressive. Still... It has already been beaten by an R4 clone.
tongue.gif
Not really, R4 clones needs an update, iEVO don't.

What? Source?

Of cource iEvo needs an update for every new Nintendo Firmware.
Um... IEvo (which is on the op) website....

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Etalon said:
trumpet-205 said:
Schlupi said:
Wow. I guess that's pretty impressive. Still... It has already been beaten by an R4 clone.
tongue.gif
Not really, R4 clones needs an update, iEVO don't.

What? Source?

Of cource iEvo needs an update for every new Nintendo Firmware.
Read the first page, where it says "CycloDS iEvolution running on 3DS in DSL mode on stock bootstrap and 2.1 firmware, no changes necessary - it just works."

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
What? Guys? How old are you? 12?

The iEvo will need a bootstrap update every single Nintendo Firmware update, just like any R4 clone.

Don't ask me why. I don't have time anymore to explain that. But that how it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @K3Nv2 I'm still not really convinced that sylverrez is a girl lol