• Views 1,072,212
  • Replies 3,243
  • Likes 128

FearItSelf23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm using the latest 2.3 build, but for some reason my menu doesn't look like the pictures and I'm missing options like autorcm. Did I misunderstand something?

tecfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not exactly. He stopped open-source projects. He actually made the repo private.
And that's like this project doesn't exist anymore for us. Who knows which improvements he would came up with. We probably will never know.
I'm glad, that at least this awesome fork exists and hope @CTCaer will continue his work which many here really appreciate including myself.

Last edited by tecfreak,

ferrums

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ferrums.de
XP
Country
Germany
chrome_2018-06-17_21-53-21.png

It doesn't really work for 3.X, like you @CTCaer wrote it here in this thread ...
* Working Sleep Mode on 1.0.0-2.X, 4.X-5.X

So why are you writing in your repo "for ALL Switch updates"?

Last edited by ferrums,

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So I'm using the latest 2.3 build, but for some reason my menu doesn't look like the pictures and I'm missing options like autorcm. Did I misunderstand something?
So how it looks like (other than bigger font)?
Are you sure you got 2.3? It has autorcm.

So my sd card got write protection when i was dumping the nand. how can i fix this?
It's possible that a block reached it's max writes and the card got locked. You tried initiliazing it, re-partioning it and re-formating it? Normally smartphones and linux do a good job in these cases (better than windows).

View attachment 131977

It doesn't really work for 3.X, like you @CTCaer wrote it here in this thread ...

So why are you writing in your repo "for ALL Switch updates"?
True. I never updated my repo release. I'll fix the misinformation asap.

CKkio23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how it looks like (other than bigger font)?
Are you sure you got 2.3? It has autorcm.

It's possible that a block reached it's max writes and the card got locked. You tried initiliazing it, re-partioning it and re-formating it? Normally smartphones and linux do a good job in these cases (better than windows).

True. I never updated my repo release. I'll fix the misinformation asap.
Yeah windows didnt budge installing linux onto a spare flash drive will let you know. thanks for the reply. will come back and report.

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
UPDATE: NOT WORKING. trying other tools as i type. i might need to purchase a new sd card :(
Probably died because of the reason I mentioned.
The funny thing is that instead of marking that or those blocks as "dead", they just lock the card completely.

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
This!
I literally threw my 64GB card in the bin out of frustration because of this.
I also RMA'ed an espensive 32 or 64GB (dont remember) Sandisk Extreme Plus because of this.
They told me that it reached maximum writes. And because my card was 98% filled, I came to the conclusion that in this 2% some blocks reached this.

The good thing is that sandisk has 10years warranty with free RMA shipping. They sent me back another one.

CKkio23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright yeah its an inexpensive purchase unless i get the 128gb or those expensive brands.

hoping this doesnt happen if i ever get those lol.

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Alright yeah its an inexpensive purchase unless i get the 128gb or those expensive brands.

hoping this doesnt happen if i ever get those lol.
If you ever buy an expensive one, buy samsung. Until now they are very reliable and faster than sandisk

Reactions: Azel

CKkio23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you ever buy an expensive one, buy samsung. Until now they are very reliable and faster than sandisk
the funny thing is my two samsung 64gb i gave away to family.

yeah those are the best had one for a year no issues and its true what you say about them.

yep ditching san disk. only used on switch because i dont really use switch that much but now i gotten a collection of games of offerup for very cheap. so im backing up them up to have on a bigger sd card.

Reactions: Azel and CTCaer

tyler004

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so had a bug where playing fortnite at 50% switch turned it self off and wouldn`t turn on without plugging in and after that my switch won`t turn on without being plug in after turn off but may have fix it by formatting my sd card, was running hekate newest build but I was in original firmware 5.1.0 didn't work

Last edited by tyler004,

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
so had a bug where playing fortnite at 50% switch turned it self off and wouldn`t turn on without plugging in and after that my switch won`t turn on without being plug in after turn off but may have fix it by formatting my sd card, was running hekate newest build but I was in original firmware 5.1.0
You run switch linux before?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.