CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
That's strange. I'll send you a payload in a PM, to dump your battery's fuel gauge registers.
And see if there's sth relevant.

TotalJustice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I also RMA'ed an espensive 32 or 64GB (dont remember) Sandisk Extreme Plus because of this.
They told me that it reached maximum writes. And because my card was 98% filled, I came to the conclusion that in this 2% some blocks reached this.

The good thing is that sandisk has 10years warranty with free RMA shipping. They sent me back another one.
Off toptic but how long did it take until your replacement arrived? Sending off my 256gb SanDisk tomorrow. Little shit didn’t last 5 minutes before dying.

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Off toptic but how long did it take until your replacement arrived? Sending off my 256gb SanDisk tomorrow. Little shit didn’t last 5 minutes before dying.
It took around 1 month. 8+5 days shipping back and forth and around 15 days hovering around the offices of Sandisk in Czech and shouting "I'm broken! I'm broken! Why you don't replace me!"

Sephirosu

Trophies
XP
Country
I was waiting for the emunand implementation from naehrwert on hekate-ipl. Sadly it will not see the light :c

Well he's always been notorious for not releasing things so it's a miracle we got hekate. Regardless, there are far more devs working on this so I'm sure eventually someone will come up with an alternative (maybe we'll get the mythical "ReiNAND").

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you ever buy an expensive one, buy samsung. Until now they are very reliable and faster than sandisk
I second this, got a 256, first time I'm getting samsung instead of sandisk (I had 3 64go sandisk micro SD fail a lot at the same time in my n3DS, Wiiu, gf phone (none where bought at the same time)

tyler004

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so still have the bug till I try to reset the battery but have a question cuz I want to make the battery die completely but at 15% automatically turns itself off and won`t turn on until plugged in so was wondering would putting it into custom firmware will that let the battery die

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
so still have the bug till I try to reset the battery but have a question cuz I want to make the battery die completely but at 15% automatically turns itself off and won`t turn on until plugged in so was wondering would putting it into custom firmware will that let the battery die
No but you can let it die in hekate though.
Beware that this will get your battery lower than the voltage that Horizon thinks it's now the lowest. And this may change your percent more drastically.
But because you didn't use linux, I still believe that your battery may have aged.

ekosfer147

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
It took around 1 month. 8+5 days shipping back and forth and around 15 days hovering around the offices of Sandisk in Czech and shouting "I'm broken! I'm broken! Why you don't replace me!"
Oh my god I bought 256gb sandik ultra last month for the switch :( Will it die easily

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Oh my god I bought 256gb sandik ultra last month for the switch :( Will it die easily
It doesn't work like that.
Have this in mind. Sandisk are the most popular. And normally you hear only from people that have problems.
So it looks like Sandisk has many problems, but if you see it statistically it's not. All brands have problems but they are mostly the same in percentages.

Speaking for myself, I'm unlucky with Sandisk so only Samsung for me.

Reactions: Ty_

Spzjulien

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi everyone

sorry im french and i dont understand this sentence :

When dumping the eMMC, in parts, you should not power on the switch normally and boot to Switch OS before done. Otherwise your finished backup will probably corrupt, because Switch OS writes on your eMMC even if it seems you done nothing.

i dont get it ....
dont try to boot switch normally, before dump is finished ?

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
If your card your free space is smaller than 29.1GiB, hekate will dump it in 2GiB parts.

When it's filled you can reboot into RCM or power off from the menu, and connect the sd card to your PC to move parts and free space.
Then you reinsert it, you run hekate and eMMC dump and it will continue where it left of.

XxShalevElimelechxX

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
hi everyone

sorry im french and i dont understand this sentence :

When dumping the eMMC, in parts, you should not power on the switch normally and boot to Switch OS before done. Otherwise your finished backup will probably corrupt, because Switch OS writes on your eMMC even if it seems you done nothing.

i dont get it ....
dont try to boot switch normally, before dump is finished ?
That is correct, but it only applies when you dump your NAND in parts.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

HoTsHoTz79

GIC-Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
(sorry if already answered before)
@CTCaer I ran the payload and turned on AutoRCM last night... everything worked fine

Then before going to bed, I selected Power Off .. the battery at this time was over 50%

In the morning, I plugged my switch directly from USB into PC without pressing power and TegraRCMGUI showed green icon, so i injected the payload and after it booted, the power was @ 8%.

so Switch never powered off last night? is this known issue?

second question, How do i turn off AutoRCM... same way i turned it on?

edit - this was all in handheld mode

Last edited by HoTsHoTz79,

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
have you shelved sleep mode for 3.x for the time being?? I know there are a lot of things going on nowadays
Not yet.
Any chance for a version that autoboots CFW? The menu could show up if vol-down is pressed.
This is already finished internally. The plan was to release it the previous week. But a lot of things happened.
So this is moved to v3.0 release which will be the biggest one yet.

(sorry if already answered before)
@CTCaer I ran the payload and turned on AutoRCM last night... everything worked fine

Then before going to bed, I selected Power Off .. the battery at this time was over 50%

In the morning, I plugged my switch directly from USB into PC without pressing power and TegraRCMGUI showed green icon, so i injected the payload and after it booted, the power was @ 8%.

so Switch never powered off last night? is this known issue?

second question, How do i turn off AutoRCM... same way i turned it on?

edit - this was all in handheld mode
Not one that I know. The power off sequence is all in HOS. Maybe something extra messed with it (a kip maybe?).
Hekate does not change/patch that.

Maybe you pressed power or connected a usb cable by mistake and this woke up the device into RCM.

D

Deleted_444986

Not yet.

This is already finished internally. The plan was to release it the previous week. But a lot of things happened.
So this is moved to v3.0 release which will be the biggest one yet.

Not one that I know. The power off sequence is all in HOS. Maybe something extra messed with it (a kip maybe?).
Hekate does not change/patch that.

Maybe you pressed power or connected a usb cable by mistake and this woke up the device into RCM.
And when this 3.0.0 is planned ?
if it released it will be RCM-less ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1