Razer is making a gamer toaster

cdNZLmNRaXJQP4os5mr82f-970-80.jpg

Apparently Razer is making a gaming toaster, finally granting their fans wishes and demands.
As many of you might remember, this all started off as a joke back in 2013. Three years later in April 1st 2016, a follow-up hoax video was released, which in turn made Razer fans build even more hype for such a thing.
Min-Liang Tin, the co-founder,CEO and creative director of Razer promised that if the Facebook page "Give us the Razer toaster" were to hit 1M likes, then it would be likely for Razer to develop this long sought-after toaster.
Seemingly, all of their fans efforts and patience is paying off in the end!
In his recent Facebook post, Min-Liang Tin states:
Alright - I didn't think these guys were going to make it - but they did. It was to hit 1M likes and with each Razer Toaster tattoo being equivalent to 100K likes each....and they now have 12 Razer Toaster tattoos.

Well....what can I say. I've just officially liked their page - and I'm going to put together my team of designers and engineers. It will take a few years - but I'll be sure to share the progress - and make it a community affair.

A Razer Toaster - For Razer Toaster Lovers. By Razer Toaster Lovers.

No further details about the toaster's size and other technical specifications have been revealed.

:arrow: Source

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Beat me to it, but why are there like 20 toasters visible in that scene and only fifteen plugs? Firewire extensions?

Posted via Twitter for Samsung Smart Fridge.
Who says they're all plugged in in the same location?
You should be questioning why they look nothing like power plugs instead.

Year 2050:

Guy A is making a toast and shouts to Guy B: "Yo, did you know Razor used to make video game stuff?"
Guy B is unclogging toilet shouts back: "Really? No I did not know that. But dude, could you please order a new toilet plunger? This EA plunger sucks!"

EA...they suck at everything.
Wouldn't sucking be a good thing in this case? :creep:

JavaScribe

Confused
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should be questioning why they look nothing like power plugs instead.
I can't keep up with all of the weird country-specific plugs. There are like 20-30 of them.
This is just one more... I guess? Wonder what frequency and voltage the mushroom kingdom uses. AC or DC? Half and half or live and ground? 110V or 240V? 50Hz or 60Hz? These things matter, you can't just plug a toaster into any old outlet and expect it to toast toast!

...or any old stacked power strip? Yeah, don't do that. You're going to be toasting more than toast at that rate.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I can't keep up with all of the weird country-specific plugs. There are like 20-30 of them.
This is just one more... I guess? Wonder what frequency and voltage the mushroom kingdom uses. AC or DC? Half and half or live and ground? 110V or 240V? 50Hz or 60Hz? These things matter, you can't just plug a toaster into any old outlet and expect it to toast toast!

...or any old stacked power strip? Yeah, don't do that. You're going to be toasting more than toast at that rate.
You can plug any analog toaster into any outlet and it will work. It just might burn up the nichrome wire, or burn your toast, or both. :)
Running a 110v toaster at 220v will overdrive it by something like 3 or 4 times. Not sure exactly how much but it's more than double, as when the voltage goes up the amperage does too.
Hz doesn't actually matter for simple analog devices. It matters for old TVs, and for some other things that rely on it for timing.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well if it's anything like Razors products, it will either not toast your bread or will make it to charcoal.
Soon to be heard in a gamer's family near you:

Girlfriend: Aw, DAMNIT! Nigel! Did you overclock the toaster again? The toast went charcoal again! :angry:
Nigel: I may have. I just increased the speed of the device. You gotta admit it did it fast...right?:ph34r:
Girlfriend: *death stare*
Nigel: :(

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Soon to be heard in a gamer's family near you:

Girlfriend: Aw, DAMNIT! Nigel! Did you overclock the toaster again? The toast went charcoal again! :angry:
Nigel: I may have. I just increased the speed of the device. You gotta admit it did it fast...right?:ph34r:
Girlfriend: *death stare*
Nigel: :(
lol, then corsair comes with their toaster with extra rgbs and watercooling!

Reactions: Taleweaver

Taffy

jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back when i was still doing crayon drawings I drew a gaming waffle iron.

I have a copy of the image *somewhere*, I'll see if I can find it later.

Reactions: JavaScribe

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hz doesn't actually matter for simple analog devices. It matters for old TVs, and for some other things that rely on it for timing.

While things that took timing from or otherwise matched with mains frequencies* are commonly a problem I do have to be a pedant and say it does matter for some simple devices too. The duty cycle of a 50Hz device is greater than that of a 60Hz one so if the 60Hz one is designed to work on the ragged edge of burning up (many things are, or at least pushing into exponentially shorter life regions) then 50Hz might push it over the limit. Take your non timed 50Hz devices on tour if you want though, worst case is you have fractionally less power available, a lot of which differences in line voltage would probably have negated in its home areas anyway, but be wary of dragging 60Hz devices to 50Hz areas, even if you have stuck a transformer in the middle to sort the usual voltage differences.

*for others playing along at home the timings from and matching (usually for noise prevention or mitigation) thing is a phenomenon both rarer than many imagine and more common than some imagine, or at least in some surprising places (see the Amiga tick pulse http://www.ianstedman.co.uk/Amiga/amiga_hacks/Amiga_Power_supplies/amiga_power_supplies.html ). For the most part internal crystals/timing circuits and transistors took over fairly early on. However to keep compatibility with legacy gear the legacy frequencies were matched and thus we are in the mess we are in today. I will stop here before I start a rant about interlaced content though -- for the most part it is a concept that most reading this should never have seen in their lifetimes, or maybe if they did they should never have had to suffer it and have only had it as a quirk that was still around when they were kids, but instead... yeah.

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania

P=R x I^2=U x I does the magic

edit: quote was for the real Jdbye, sorry

Last edited by ciaomao,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1