Rayman 2 won't work on the N64 emulator

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Bridgeman, May 8, 2015.

1. Bridgeman
    OP

Bridgeman Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2013
    Netherlands
    So I got Wii64 and put it on my Wii, and downloaded the Rayman 2 rom for the N64. But when I try playing it, it just display an N64 cartridge in the top right corner of the screen, and instead of the game loading up, I see these weird gameplay demos. Pressing buttons doesn't do anything, and even the Home button doesn't work, the only way to stop it is by shutting down the Wii.

Anyone know what the problem might be? I tried both the EU and US versions

2. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

GBAtemp Patron
    mightymuffy is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2002
    Wigan, UK
    Don't think I've tried that game myself, but our compatibility list says you should use Not64 (which is based on the older Wii64) instead. Doesn't look like you'll get full speed though, so don't expect miracles ;)

3. mikeyt1998

mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

Aug 11, 2007
    Dalton-in-furness, north west

I believe that the cartridge in the corner of the screen means that the emulator is trying to read the ROM Data? Could be wrong, but a couple of games I've tried that require that little bit extra to emulate seem to get that icon between loading screens and sometimes during gameplay too.

Recommended Not64 as MightyMuffy suggested, it's an unofficial mod of Wii64 with better compatibility, but not 100% still.