Hacking RawkSD customs working on ULoader

granberro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
maddav said:
Ho-lee shit. Just ran this exe on each of my DLC tmds (tried compiling it myself earlier, but couldn't get round some errors in xcode) and have just reduced my loading times from:

Without trimmed tmds

Drummer Loading screen - 1:43
In between bits - 0:24
Loading DLC - 3:14

Total - 5:21

to

With trimmed tmds

Drummer - 0:34
In Between - 0:24
Loading DLC - 0:57

Total - 1:55

Admittedly I only have 85 RB2 DLC songs and 167 RawkSD imports, but still, this is a massive improvement, no more playing GH5 to save some time!!

Thanks!
Glad to know
wink.gif

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been a few weeks since the OP was updated. Is the method listed still the best way to do everything, or is there new methods/procedures found since then to make things go more smoothly? Would be nice if all of the new info would be implemented into the tutorial/guide.

marcd2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
D34DL1N3R said:
It's been a few weeks since the OP was updated. Is the method listed still the best way to do everything, or is there new methods/procedures found since then to make things go more smoothly? Would be nice if all of the new info would be implemented into the tutorial/guide.

posts 63, 83 and 89 are the only ones with additional tips not in the original guide, and these are all to fix problems you might not have, so the guide is still fine.

63 tells you how to improve loading speed, though won't be of use if you have downloaded all the music store songs
83 tells you how to import more than 255 songs into RB2 as each DLC "generation" can only hold 255 songs
89 tells you how to import songs which don't appear in RawkSD2 after you've ripped them from disc

Nazar78

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
marcd2009 said:
Nazar78 said:
Hi marcd2009,

I did this and yes all the songs appeared in RawkSD 2 list but I have a problem.

After removing "tuning_offset" from all the affected songs in the sd->custom->songtitle folders, did the RawkSD 2 update SD save, I noticed that the file "\rawk\rb2\data" aka rockbnd2.dat got abit larger? Renaming that "data" file to rockbnd2.dat and placed back in the nand, the game prompted a corrupted save asking to continue w/o save or create a new save.

The I quickly tried using a previous backup copy of rockbnd2.dat (updated SD save with "tuning_offset" not removed), the missing songs won't show up in the game either.

Did you manage to show all the missing songs in the game's song list with "tuning_offset" removed?

i've had no such issues i'm afraid. I've successfully added all the songs from Guitar Hero 5, Smash Hits, World Tour, Band Hero as well as Green Day Rock Band, Rock Band 1, Lego Rock Band and AC/DC Track Pack and updated the save after each one, and not once has the save game changed in size from 7mb. I'm using version 2.02, are you?

Hi marcd2009,

Thanks for the reply. Yes I'm using 2.02 but I got it now working now. Seems after removing the tuning offset, I need to replace the data aka rockbnd2.dat with a good fresh copy from the nand everytime I need to do SD save. If not the file size will keep increasing when updating the same rockbnd2.dat for more then twice.

Just to update, simply here's what I did:

- Following very similar to the old method in 1st post, pointing to an empty folder on my desktop called SDPC, I installed the customs with RawkSD3 from multiple RB/GH ISO source but without replacing cRBA in the RawkSD3 conf file as mentioned in the original steps (Need not wait and switch inbetween 255 max custom list).

- RawkSD3 will create new folders SDPC\private\wii\data\cRB* with *.bin files and folders SDPC\rawk\rb2\customs\songtitle with data files.

- To fix the 255 max customs as pointed by secamfr in Post #83: Using a simple perl script I wrote, pointing it to the two location above created by RawkSD3, it'll recursively go deep into those folders replacing occurrence cRBA->sZXE, cRBB->sZYE, cRBC->sZZE in the *.bin and songtitle\data files.

- To fix the missing customs as pointed by marcd2009 in Post #89: Using the same script again, it'll recursively remove the "tuning_offset" occurrence in the "data" files from SDPC\rawk\rb2\customs\songtitle.

- The rest of the steps are as per 1st post. Additionally with 2 extra folders and 2 extra tickets *.tik files to create as pointed by secamfr in Post #83.

Now all sZXE, sZYE and sZZE including Gen1 to the latest Gen5 sZEE are now showing in the game song list, took about 15mins from loading stuffs to normal jamming. Thanks marcd2009, secamfr and graNBerro too =p

flippinphil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am getting random freezes. I have about 1,200 songs. I followed the instructions as closely as possible, but I didn't bother with the hex editing of the songs that didn't show up. any ideas?

KyleJCrb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
flippinphil said:
I am getting random freezes. I have about 1,200 songs. I followed the instructions as closely as possible, but I didn't bother with the hex editing of the songs that didn't show up. any ideas?

I also got a lot of freezes when attempting NAND emulation awhile back. It seems a bit unstable with RB2.

Just wait for RawkSD3. It's worth it.
smile.gif

flippinphil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't getting the freezes until I added the imports. I have no customs just imports from other games and I am getting freezing quite often. I can play like 1-2 songs and then it just hangs.

marcd2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
KyleJCrb said:
flippinphil said:

I also got a lot of freezes when attempting NAND emulation awhile back. It seems a bit unstable with RB2.

Just wait for RawkSD3. It's worth it.
smile.gif

i think the developers are going out of their way to make sure RawkSD3 will be useless for most people, that being people not using a RB2 disc, and with cracked DLC.

granberro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
marcd2009 said:
D34DL1N3R said:

posts 63, 83 and 89 are the only ones with additional tips not in the original guide, and these are all to fix problems you might not have, so the guide is still fine.

63 tells you how to improve loading speed, though won't be of use if you have downloaded all the music store songs
83 tells you how to import more than 255 songs into RB2 as each DLC "generation" can only hold 255 songs
89 tells you how to import songs which don't appear in RawkSD2 after you've ripped them from disc

Excellent job mate! I have updated the guide with your comments.

graNBerro

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
marcd2009 said:
i think the developers are going out of their way to make sure RawkSD3 will be useless for most people, that being people not using a RB2 disc, and with cracked DLC.
Nonsense. RawkSD3 works correctly for 100% of users.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marcd2009 said:
its a bit like those tossers at apple writing applications that dont run on windows, isnt it?

KyleJCrb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marcd2009 said:

I dunno, it works pretty damn well for me. 800+ songs, initial load in less than 10 seconds, more stable than NAND emulation... Yes, your RB2 disc and DLC have to be legit, but that's a small price to pay. Literally.
If you really want to pirate, I'm fairly sure RawkSD3 can't tell the difference between a game ripped into an iso from your Wii and a downloaded one.

grrkodiak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Szalkow said:
marcd2009 said:

marcd2009: You mean people that want to play the game without buying anything. You can't tell me that many people uses all RB2 DLCs. I would say that most people only uses for the type of music they like. Personally I have about 80 DLC that I like and bought because they were not on any of the GH,RB or RB2 disc. When a new one comes out and we like it than we spend our $2.00 to get it It is pretty amazing to be able to load all those songs and play them through RB2 without having to swap any disc.

I just wish that they would had added RB The Beatles, but beggers are not choosers.

granberro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
AtomBoy said:
will all this work with RB2 PAL? Can I just change the E's at the end to P's eg sZXE to sZXP
Should work, but make sure you use the PAL version of RawkSD.

--------

Rawksd fanboys, please stay calm

KyleJCrb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
grrkodiak said:
Szalkow said:
marcd2009 said:

marcd2009: You mean people that want to play the game without buying anything. You can't tell me that many people uses all RB2 DLCs. I would say that most people only uses for the type of music they like. Personally I have about 80 DLC that I like and bought because they were not on any of the GH,RB or RB2 disc. When a new one comes out and we like it than we spend our $2.00 to get it It is pretty amazing to be able to load all those songs and play them through RB2 without having to swap any disc.

I just wish that they would had added RB The Beatles, but beggers are not choosers.

There's no support for Beatles because the storage format of the songs is different from the rest of the series and hasn't been cracked. Maybe someday...

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
granberro said:

Forgive me for asking, but how are we not being calm by responding truthfully to someone who is insinuating that those who illegally downloaded Rock Band 2 deserve the full value of a program that is very well known to only work with legitimate, pressed discs?

marcd2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SFenton said:
granberro said:

Forgive me for asking, but how are we not being calm by responding truthfully to someone who is insinuating that those who illegally downloaded Rock Band 2 deserve the full value of a program that is very well known to only work with legitimate, pressed discs?

lol you guys get wound up so easily. I didn't insinuate a thing, and I don't mind if RawkSD 3 works or not as this solution is just fine, and more flexible, so thanks to granberro for his work. Sure it takes 10 mins to load but that's not really a big deal, and it's just down to uloader. If they ever figure out how to improve nand emulation then it'll improve loading times on this as well.

My point is valid though, if 'cracked dlc' doesn't work on Rawk surely means that the developers have coded it to recognise if it is cracked dlc as the game itself doesn't even recognise it's cracked it when loaded from a disc, hence "gone out of their way". And forcing the install of an unmodified ios37 instead of using the standard homebrew ioses of 249,222,223 would affect people running a backup of any ios37 game from the disc channel if they had installed cioscorp to do so. Sure it's their prerogative to do this if they so wish but it's why they get so much negative attention.

pubert09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This works great! The only problem I'm having is with drum charts from Band Hero.
There are parts missing. I'm not sure what or how, but I played Sugar, We're Going Down and there were cymbal hits missing.
I'm guessing it's the orange cymbal for the GH drumset. I know it would be the green cymbal if I was playing it on Band Hero with the RB drumset.
That was the only song that I ripped so I don't know if it is like that for all of them.
If anyone knows how to fix it, that would be wonderful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu