Raspberry Pi 5 unveiled

aa7841cb-421a-4000-8ab9-c77478a4f83b-1024x683.jpg

The Raspberry Pi Foundation have formally announced the newest in their line of single board computers which are a favourite among hobbyists and tinkerers. The new Raspberry Pi 5 boasts significant improvements over its predecessor and is set to hit shelves later this year.

Priced at $60 for the 4GB RAM version and $80 for the 8GB RAM model, the new board features a 2.4GHz quad-core 64-bit Arm Cortex-A76 CPU, VideoCore VII GPU with HEVC decode, dual 4K 60hz micro HDMI display output, dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0 BLE (low energy), and more.

The Raspberry Pi 5 also marks the first time the company has designed its own silicon; developed in-house in Cambridge, UK, the new board introduces a disaggregated chiplet architecture, enhancing its overall performance with reports claiming the new board is between 2-3x faster than the Raspberry Pi 4, with all of this increased performance even being delivered at a lower power consumption than previous boards for comparable workloads.

Pre-orders are now open at select retailers with the first batches expected to be delivered this October.

:arrow: Source

Last edited by shaunj66,

the_joman_yt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You forgot the most groundbreaking development. It has a power button!
that is actualy amazing for my use cases
Post automatically merged:

i can't wait to see how gamecube, wii(?), and ds emulation will fare on this thing.
same, i killed my school's pi 4 so this was perfect timing, also i am building an arcade cab with it

Reactions: hippy dave

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto