Rap Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylehaas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not necessarily the genre that should be eradicated, but rather the unintelligent hordes of ignorant fools that listen to it "just because everyone else does." Nothing sickens me more than someone who does something just to appeal to the opinion of his or her peers. You cannot discredit the genre of music, though. I have nothing against someone who truly does love rap: someone who feels the beats in their blood and soul. However, I will forever condemn those whose precious iPods consist of nothing original or self-discovered, those morons who play no other video games than those they see on TV, and those zombies that conform to every last whim of the foolish teenage mindsets.

jphriendly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave, you get extra points for posting Spearhead. Michael Franti is the freakin' man. Of course, the music Spearhead plays now isn't anything close to their older stuff. Still rocks though.

When I listen to rap it's usually older stuff. Tribe Called Quest, Outkast, The Roots, 2Pac, Wu-Tang, Beastie Boys, Public Enemy....I can go on and on.

So no, not all rap sucks. Hell, I hate country music but I won't go as far as saying all country music sucks.

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jphriendly said:
TrolleyDave, you get extra points for posting Spearhead. Michael Franti is the freakin' man. Of course, the music Spearhead plays now isn't anything close to their older stuff. Still rocks though.

When I listen to rap it's usually older stuff. Tribe Called Quest, Outkast, The Roots, 2Pac, Wu-Tang, Beastie Boys, Public Enemy....I can go on and on.

So no, not all rap sucks. Hell, I hate country music but I won't go as far as saying all country music sucks.

+1

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
opcode32 said:
LOL, The Lonely Island rocks
smile.gif
Jizz in my Pants is also hillarious. I also laughed hard at that brokencycle crap, is that supposed to be real or a parody aswell? Anyway, i'd say there are as many shitty metal bands then rappers. I should know because i like both genres. You just have to look besides the mainstream, then you'll find good music no matter what genre.
Yea, I think BC is one big parody too
tongue.gif

I mean, just look at them it the video posted here
tongue.gif

I also like Beastie Boys btw.

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I find that one of the Rap artist I'm gonna say i like a lot is gonna get me unwanted attention, coz most of the current crop of rapper's tend to try and copy him coz he's one of the guys who glamourised(I hope this word exists
tongue.gif
) the rap genre.. I'm talking about Tupak Shakur.. Sure he uses a shit load of slang but there are quite a lot of awesome songs written by him.. Personally I love "Ghetto Gospel" and Life Goes On, the lyrics are pure awesomeness.. Oh ya the current crop aren't too great so i guess i can say the current rappers suck but not the genre as a whole..

iffy525

not famous
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Warm Woolly Sheep said:
To disregard an entire genre of music is narrow-minded, bigoted, and sad.
I agree with this guy. There's a lot of rock music that sucks, there's tons of pop songs that are horrible, there's lots of alternative songs that are shit, there's millions of techno songs that are awful, and hell there's even many classical compositions that aren't very good. So of course there is going to be some of bad rap songs, but that doesn't mean that all rap sucks. Whoever thinks that way is narrow-minded and ignorant.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
SickPuppy said:
How did this thread get filled with so many off topic posts?
Because whining about things you don't like gets boring really fast.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Look at me! I can say words a little faster than in a normal sentence! Yay!

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Warm Woolly Sheep said:
To disregard an entire genre of music is narrow-minded, bigoted, and sad.
To disregard Hitler's whole point of view is narrow-minded, bigoted, and sad.

Rap while it 'can' be more is typically just a bunch of talk about beating up bitches, fucking them in the ass, shooting other dudes, robbing them and fucking their moms.

Sure it might be narrow-minded of us to not accept that this is possibly a good life style, but only because theoretically denying any possibility is 'narrow-minded'.

However in reality it breeds nothing but negativity and has had a negative impact everywhere, the only people it inspires are the next wave of people to get up and preach the same things.

Now there are a few artists who have broken this paradigm, but it goes on without them. Of course I mean people like KRS-One, Common, etc. Kanye was on the road or appeared like it, but he had a few songs about how kids should aspire to sell drugs (although it was really about how that's all kids have to look forward to growing up where they are).

All in all despite a lot of truly geniuine and great artists have attempted to break this, it's what sells in that area so it's what happens.

Rap isn't the only terrible genre, screamo is fucking retarded terrible, but rap is more often viewed as such because it's been around long enough to provide so many examples it's not funny.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Rayder said:
I don't like country or religious music either, but I don't have to complain about it because most people that enjoy that kind of music don't annoy everyone in the neighborhood by playing it too loud, nor does that music go BOOOOOOM BOOOOOM BOOOOOM and rattle the windows and floorboards in your house either. Most people that listen to country or religious music actually have some consideration for their neighbors and respect their right to peace and quiet. It's the complete opposite for most people that listen to rap/hip-hop.

But you know what? That's the way life is. Every generation has their music that thoroughly annoys the previous generations. I like music that my brother, 12 years my senior (and I'm 41), absolutely hates. He likes music that I hate. That's the way it is. The difference is we have enough respect for each other (and our neighbors, and everyone else) not to annoy them with music THEY may not want to hear. In the rapidly degenerating neighborhood I live in, there is a distinct lack of that kind of respect. And current teens seem to have less consideration for anyone than they ever have before. And hearing BOOOM BOOOOM BOOOOM is even more annoying when that's ALL you can hear. No other instruments, no voices, all I hear is that BOOOOM BOOOOM BOOOM. Rap/hip-hop is the most annoying music on the planet because of that BOOOM BOOOM BOOOM crap that transcends city blocks. And the language that a lot of rap music has (when you CAN actually hear it beyond the BOOM BOOM BOOM) is quite often socially unacceptable, vulgar or just plain racist in some way or another and seems to inspire very hateful attitudes. So, in essence, rap/hip-hop tends to be offensive in the most dynamic way it can possibly be compared almost every other form of music out there, except maybe death metal, which is mostly incoherent noise.

My point is that if you like rap/hip-hop, fine, go rap/hip-hop your brains out, but put some freakin' headphones on with that ridiculously loud booming bass, or take it where it won't bother anyone that doesn't want to hear (or feel) it, or turn it the hell down. When I listen to music, I expect to hear singing, not blah-blah-blah BOOM BOOM BOOM, and I play my music at a reasonable volume (and time of day) that doesn't bother anyone.

So, when I say "I hate rap", it's more because I'm forced to tolerate that BOOM BOOOM BOOOOM rattling everything and the hateful attitude projected by it than any anything else.

And to those people saying we need to be more open-minded about various types of music.......yeah, I'm sure there are types of music YOU don't like either and if someone was blasting music you hate, YOU would bitch about it too. Oh, and I was born in the late 60's, so I know all about the roots of rap/hip-hop.....all I care to know anyway, which is enough to know that I don't like that kind of music. DON'T try to validate music you like to me, I don't do that to you. I'm just stating my opinions on the matter in a thread that was created specifically for talking about people who dislike rap/hip-hop for whatever reasons. This thread wasn't created for people who LIKE rap/hip-hop.

Ok you're right, this title was base on the dislike and flaws on rap music. I'm not going to argue why *insert music here* is worse because in general we all have to tolerant it one way or another. So I do apologize for ridiculing over your distaste for rap music; if you don't like it then its up to you.

Which brings to an interesting point, I do listen to metal music; there are certain type of metal music I won't listen too. Those are the ones that screaming inside your ear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM