Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kylehaas

kylehaas GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've found that girls that don't conform do it for popularity. I, personally, do not conform for moral and, quite frankly, practical reasons.
    Who wants to listen to music that consists of nothing more than a drug and sex monger shouting derogatory phrases? I prefer music that's actually happy.
    I hack because its practical, I wear practical clothes, I live a practical life. Perhaps it stems from my lack of money, but I make the most out of what I have; I'm frugal as hell and the only reason why I play on my Wii and DS is because someone bought them for me... If I could have chosen money instead, I would have.

2. rockstar99

Canada
    lmao nickelback and metal is almost as cloas to saying hannah montana is death metal [​IMG]

3. Sir-Fritz

Sir-Fritz GBAtemp Maniac

LOL styx arent metal either (according to wikipedia, never heard the band)

4. Ferrariman

Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    I think you guys are just proving our point. You can't base your opinion off all the shit a genre has.

5. Domination

Domination GBAtemp Psycho!

Senegal
    Errr, not really, because Nickelback is more of a post-grunge/hard rock band and their genre is not even Metal.

6. Prophet6000

Prophet6000 Banned
    Banned

United States
    Well Mainstream rap is trash but i hope no-one is getting it confused with hip-hop there are alot of great underground hip-hop artist.
    People just enjoy their ignorant rap music. i dont get why. But it isn't the only bad gerne of music out there

7. luke_c

luke_c Big Boss

fffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

8. TrolleyDave

TrolleyDave Philosolosophising
    Former Staff

There's loads of rap I love, pretty much all of it old stuff. Eminem was decent when he first started because he was all about humour, now he's just full of himself because he has an army of clones worshiping him. There's alot of intelligent and just plain fun rap/hip-hop out there. It's not all abouts guns, drugs and ho's.

Here's some fine examples of how good rap can be.

9. nIxx

nIxx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Gambia, The
    Honestly this is the dumbest thread ever. If you don´t like Rap/Hip-Hop fine but do you really need to make a Complain thread about it !?
    Especially when this is all about opinions. [​IMG]
    This only shows the ignorance of some people that everything in Rap is the same.
    I´m personally not so small minded and hear almost everything no matter what genre as long as it sounds good to me even if Hip-Hop is still my favorite genre.

PS: Have said that, F.A.Y.B.A.N. [​IMG]

10. Ericthegreat

OP Ericthegreat Not New Member

United States
    Thank you for your contribution to the thread Rayder. ^^

11. megawalk

megawalk The Legendary SRW Addict

Netherlands
    Funny. i had no interest in Rap so why am i contributing ?
    to show how it can be worse...
    i have 3 ultimate fear factors
    1. Gnomes. YES Gnomes.... (odd but true)
    2. Visit the Army
    3. Opera........i fear Opera
    and that third factor is my only thing i can mention

12. SkankyYankee

SkankyYankee GBAtemp Advanced Skank

United States
    It is all opinion, but for me rap (and hip-hop) is a statement about the culture as a whole that the music came out of. People from Europe sometime don't get it because all they hear is the music on the radio and most are too young to remember the gems of the old school (thanks Trolley) and thus the origin of hip-hop itself. I grew up in the late 80s/90s in the NY metro so the music has more of a meaning.

It started out at a means of a minority group that needed to express themselves among many problems including the Heroin and later Crack epidemic that swept across New York in the 70s and 80s. A people empowering themselves through music. If it wasn't for hip hop there would be no scratch DJs, no Beatboxers, No influential voices that were there to tell the stories.

The radio doesn't represent the best of ANY musical genre i don't care which genre or where you come from. People who dislike rap because they only hear whats on the radio are missing a great amount of quality songs, for instance.

Wu-Tang, Pharcyde, Jedi Mind Tricks, Del the funky Homosapien (before Gorillaz), Mcchris, MC Frontalot, Nas, Warren G, KRS One, The Firm, Rakim, Redman, Method Man (and the other wu-tang solo albums)... and many more to mention.

That gives me an idea for a thread, essential hidden rap gems.

13. Shinryuji

Shinryuji GBAtemp Regular

Yes, there are some rap gems, but then theres... Well, watch it yourself. It embodies everything people hate about rap [​IMG]

14. Theraima

Theraima I own this desert, bitches!

Finland
    I like only two rap / hiphop songs : Riders on the storm and Monk intro by Snoop Dogg. Other than that, rap and hiphop are from fail.

15. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".
    Former Staff

Croatia

Even while paying attention to the lyrics, it took me the entire song to figure out it was actually a parody. It's sad when a genre mainstream gets so ridiculous it's indistinguishable from a parody of itself.

But regarding this thread in particular; remember Sturgeon's Law: 90% of everything sucks. So, you could say that on average, rap songs suck. But then again, this is true for every other musical genre as well. The fact you've developed a tolerance for a particular type of suck a) doesn't mean that type of music doesn't suck, and b) doesn't mean rap sucks more just because you personally find it less tolerable.

16. opcode32

opcode32 powerh8er par excellence

United States
    LOL, The Lonely Island rocks [​IMG] Jizz in my Pants is also hillarious. I also laughed hard at that brokencycle crap, is that supposed to be real or a parody aswell? Anyway, i'd say there are as many shitty metal bands then rappers. I should know because i like both genres. You just have to look besides the mainstream, then you'll find good music no matter what genre.

17. Rock Raiyu

Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States

This thread needs to be saved. Looks like we need a Hero. [​IMG]

18. Depravo

Depravo KALSARIKÄNNIT
    Former Staff

United Kingdom
    This video represents all rap music in quality and variety.

19. Ferrariman

Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada

Thread saving go go go

20. i listen to rap/hip-hop
    Jay-Zs empire state of mind, run this town, young forever, star is born are really good songs.
    T.Is album: paper trail is really good.

saying it sucks is YOUR opinion.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Sucks,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.