Hacking Random Questions

JumboFatCakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want a flash card, but i have some problems with them and would like some questions answered.

Why can't gba games be played off a slot 1 card? If SNES and NES games can be played, why not GBA? Heck a lot of GBA games orgionally came out for the NES or SNES first.

Is it true in order to play the old games, a emulator is needed? If so why can't i just download an GBA emulator onto the card?

Is there a card besides the CycloDS that has the anytime save feature? If not, why not? I figure these cards can be easily hacked by the hacking community, just put in that feature into an operating system, and then download that os. It has to be easier than hacking a nintendo DS game card.

5thdimension

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Because SNES and NES games are played using an emulator. Another card that has real-time save is the M3 Real (I think) and the SuperCard DS-One.

Reaper

Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JumboFatCakes said:
Why can't gba games be played off a slot 1 card? If SNES and NES games can be played, why not GBA? Heck a lot of GBA games orgionally came out for the NES or SNES first.
CUZ THE HARDWARE IS NOT SUFFICIENT WITHOUT A GBA FLASHCART BUILD WITH PROPER HARDWARE
Is it true in order to play the old games, a emulator is needed? If so why can't i just download an GBA emulator onto the card?
THE DS DOESNT SUPPORT .EXE FILES
Is there a card besides the CycloDS that has the anytime save feature? If not, why not? I figure these cards can be easily hacked by the hacking community, just put in that feature into an operating system, and then download that os. It has to be easier than hacking a nintendo DS game card.
PRETTY SURE THE CYCLO HAS A HARDWARE REQ FOR REAL TIME SAVE

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I thought we had a snazzy GBAtemp graphic to answer this question. What happened to it?
Whatever, I'll summarize:
GBA GAMES ARE NEVER COMING TO SLOT 1 CARTS
DON'T ASK, DON'T MENTION, DON'T EVEN THINK OF SUCH A THING

Reaper

Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
iritegood said:
I thought we had a snazzy GBAtemp graphic to answer this question. What happened to it?
Whatever, I'll summarize:
GBA GAMES ARE NEVER COMING TO SLOT 1 CARTS
DON'T ASK, DON'T MENTION, DON'T EVEN THINK OF SUCH A THING
No dude, eventually we will figure out a way to emulate GBA properly with a slot 1 card(which includes teh necessary features to do so)..

berkley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
your all retarded sorry to tell you, but GBA games don't work because there is no RAM which the GBA games need and the slot ones only supply FLASH memory so yeah there, you can get a slot 2 expansion pack to use rodulfs (how ever it's spelled) gba emu thing.

Reaper

Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
berkley said:
your all retarded sorry to tell you, but GBA games don't work because there is no RAM which the GBA games need and the slot ones only supply FLASH memory so yeah there, you can get a slot 2 expansion pack to use rodulfs (how ever it's spelled) gba emu thing.
We're retarded?
rofl2.gif

QUOTE(PharaohsVizier @ Jan 13 2009, 07:25 PM) I thought the general consensus is that GBA emulation IS possible
no

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd agree with PharaohsVizier. There's nothing stopping anyone from porting an already-existing GBA emulator to the DS. It just wouldn't run at anything remotely resembling full speed. We're talking less-than-1-fps here.

In answer to the second question, there are several carts that support RTS now: CycloDS Evolution, Supercard DS, M3 Real (I believe), and iTouch (if not now then very soon).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.