Racing Games

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Pete666, Oct 31, 2010.

Oct 31, 2010

Racing Games by Pete666 at 11:40 PM (718 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Pete666
    OP

Member Pete666 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I want to buy a racing game for a gift for one of my friend, and Im not very good at that..

What is the best racing game on the wii..

(beside mario kart ahah)

he doesn't care for graphics, he likes to have fun

so what's your opinions???

2. SickPuppy

Member SickPuppy New Member

United States
    I don't think you're going to find a better racing game other than Mario Kart for Wii. You could install WiiSX and play some old school playstation racing games.

3. Rasas

Banned Rasas Banned

United States
    Excite Truck
    Sonic All Star Racing (Zero Gravity sucked to me)
    NFS are all pretty good
    Excitebots

There are several others but I highly suggest trying the ones above since the rest aren't so great to most people

I'm not counting homebrew, virtual console and emulator games but there are some great ones there.

4. Pete666
    OP

Member Pete666 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    thanx

But I found F1 2009, is it good?

And which NFS is the best?

5. CarbonX13

Member CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Taiwan
    Never really heard of anyone playing F1 games, I'm assuming they're pretty bad (at least on the Wii). The best Need for Speed on the Wii should be Need for Speed Carbon in my honest opinion.

6. DjFIL

Member DjFIL GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    If he's an real Formula 1 fan... then it's a pretty good game the Wii version. F1 2009 for Wii held me over for the 1 year until the Xbox 360 release, which gets lots of my attention now. This is about as 'race simulation' as the Wii gets. But may not be for those who are not F1 enthusiasts.

Next racing/driving pick would be TrackMania... it's great fun, very addictive. Though it's more 'stunt driving' then it is racing... I guess.

And if they already own and enjoy Mario Kart Wii and want more... NASCAR Kart Racing was a good clone with some fun game play twists. Just be prepared for loads of sponsors, as expected in NASCAR licences.