Race Driver: GRID Online Multiplayer Discontinued (PC & PS3).

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
OP
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
Source: http://community.codemasters.com/forum/gri...ued-ps3-pc.html

Recently PS3 and PC users have been experiencing issues logging into GRID’s online service and Codemasters has now confirmed that the services are permanently shut down. On the Codemasters forums their community manager wrote, “After three years of service, 2008’s Race Driver: GRID’s online play service has been discontinued for the PS3 and PC editions of the game. This follows the decision by a third party provider to decline the offer of an extended contract to continue online play on these platforms.” This announcement came after unexpected problems with the service a few weeks ago and was unannounced unlike most other shutdowns. It was not mentioned if they would seek out another company for service, though that option seems unlikely.

Forum users are outraged and a small contingent of hardcore players are very disappointed by this development, one user was even inspired to create the forum username “cmsucksballs” (which has since been changed to “NameDeleted” by moderators). Some PC players have transitioned to using software called Tunngle to emulate the servers.

The Xbox 360 still has multiplayer support. It was not said if that service would also be discontinued soon, though its possible it uses the peer to peer network of Xbox Live which would allow it to continue indefinitely.

THIS MAKES ME SICK, why the hell should i carry on buying PC titles?!

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I played this game bugger loads when it first came out. Always made me chuckle on the PC though with the opening pre-rendered FMV looking crappier than when it switched over to the game.

I've got suspicions this probably has something to do with the sequel coming soon, and that MS would be able to sue them if they shut down 360 support yet.

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
OP
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
cwstjdenobs said:
UranusKiller said:
Codemasters can suck me off before i buy a new game from them money greedy petty b8stards!

Even if they suddenly released a new dizzy game with all the old ones as unlockables?
What kinda service is it, paying for a game, playing online to RANK UP, next thing ya know your locked out and never to go back on official servers without any notification? yeah great gaming company! GRID 2 wont happen till 2012 or so anyway so pointless. They have ruined their fairly bad reputation even more productively now, well done fucktards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o