1. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

United Kingdom
    Indeed. I'd still be playing Star Wars Galaxies if they hadn't killed it. I know there are a couple of fan ressurrections, but it's not the same...

Xzi likes this.
  2. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Netherlands
    Not having top of the line graphics also means the game is easier to run, which might be a good thing for free to play titles. Plus pso2 doesn't even look THAT bad.

Xzi likes this.
  3. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    Oh wow I didn't realize this game is F2P, I at least expected it to be a buy-once model. Guess there really is no reason to wait to play it then, even despite it being exclusive to the Win10 store for some stupid reason. :lol:

And yeah, it doesn't look bad at all. Just that much easier to max out the graphics settings and still hit 144 FPS.

4. Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I suppose that it was good for PS Vita. Not to be rude, I respect your view. I just personally can see the game looking impressive for PS Vita even today so back then it must have been a treat. Assuming it targets 60fps. Is it 60fps on Vita?

Does PSO1 have a fairly large playerbase? Schthack has total of just 8 players online at the moment, across all versions of PSO1.

Last edited by Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee, May 20, 2020 at 11:05 AM
  5. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

United Kingdom
    There are other servers.

6. Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Canada
    I think I remember seeing one other. Please can you link the good ones here

7. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

United Kingdom
    Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee likes this.
  8. Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Canada
    Oh wow. I thought that SCHTHack was the only good one. The first one you linked I looks really good and popular.

I am sure when I tried SCHTHack it was more popular but that was something like a decade ago.

9. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

United Kingdom
    Ultima is the only one I've personally experienced, and that's because an IRL friend of mine is part of the dev team (specifically responsible for the droptables). I know those guys are going above and beyond to restore content that in some cases wasn't available outside of the Jp servers.

10. Skelletonike

Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Portugal
    I played it on PC. As I mentioned, the character models and the character creation were pretty good back then. Other than that though, the graphics weren't that special.

11. call me Ken or Accel

call me Ken or Accel GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia
    Whelp. youre missing big ass fights. Some of them are Asura's Wrath level

Few months ago, PSO2 had Neon Genesis Evangelion collab (yep) and you can fight Sixth Angel Ramiel with space mechs. It was crazy
    Current (JP) expansion is high tech space theme. So, there are lots of outer space and spaceship battles

Last edited by call me Ken or Accel, May 21, 2020 at 1:28 PM
    duwen likes this.
  12. LightBeam

LightBeam GBAtemp Regular

France
    It will not cuz it's Microsoft who brought the game to the west, so it's fair

Would like to be able to play it from Europe tho

13. GbaNober

GbaNober Advanced Member
    Newcomer

does the PS Vita patch 100% or not ,what's your estimation?

14. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

United Kingdom
    Not even close, but it's enough to be playable. Some of the equipment menus can be a bit arduous at first with some stuff being translated and some not.
    It may have got better since I last played it a few months ago - I know they've released a handful of updates since then. The launcher app is pretty cool as it auto updates the patch and launches the game for you. The hope is, now that official translations are out, they'll end up 'borrowing' from those.
    Word of warning though, after you install the initial game (which is over 3gb from what I remember) there's a mandatory 16gb update (!!!). I only bothered with installing it on my PSTV, as I couldn't guarantee my 1000 would remain connected to power or internet long enough to install it.

GbaNober likes this.
  15. MetoMeto

MetoMeto GBAtemp Fan

Japan
    So....another forceful, slimy way to make people switch to Windows 10.
    Similar like Half Life forced you to buy VR gear.

Last edited by MetoMeto, May 21, 2020 at 11:46 AM
  16. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

United Kingdom
    Unless you've got an offline system rigged up for retro or legacy apps/devices, Windows 10 is the only version of Windows anyone should be using at this point.

17. MetoMeto

MetoMeto GBAtemp Fan

Japan
    Speaking of points, you didn't get my point.

It doesnt matter what system i got, they are limiting it to 10. Many people still have Windows 7, 8 and works great. They been trying to push Windows 10 in many ways, this is nothing new and this is just one of those ways.

Similar thing was done With Half Life Alyx to get people to buy VR set...no other options like playing regular way.

And about that last sentence of yours "Windows 10 is the only version of Windows anyone should be using at this point." thats not up to anyone to decide for me.
    Only thing that i can understand is that they dont use Windows 95, but Windows 7 can rune this just fine. So this obvious forcefull way to get people on Windows 10, especially if you desire to play certain game such as Phantasy Star.... or if youre an of HL games, and waited for 10 years + Its briliant tactic, but a slimy one at that.

You can say whattever you want but facts remain and this game can easily be played on Windows 7/8.

I mean this is nothing new, companies do these things, dont act like you just learned it. I just point out the obvious.

18. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

United Kingdom
    I completely agree.
    Unfortunately if you're using any version of Windows other than 10 at this point in time you're massively more susceptible to security breaches. The free Windows 10 upgrade is still available if you do a bit of research (despite reports that it was discontinued a few years ago), so I don't see what the issue is... free upgrade, better security... but you're correct, it's your decision if you want to leave yourself vulnerable to cybercrime and think a free upgrade is too expensive.

19. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

United States
    Lol played the English patch years ago.

20. call me Ken or Accel

call me Ken or Accel GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia
    "Years ago"
    PSO2 is completely different from 3 years ago now. Its very different

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Phantasy, western, players