Gaming Race Driver GRID Ds Rom?

matrix121391

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently playing it and so far, I already have a question and am I bit disappointed with the menus. I think Create and Race menus looked more neat and "in place". In GRID, everything seems so off-centered, but maybe that's just me. And for the big question that's got me scratching my head. When both Race Driver games are trimmed, why in the world is GRID 10mb smaller than Create and Race?! Does that mean they spent less effort on it or something? Maybe my copy is corrupt...

Edit: Actually, nevermind. I think that 10mb gap is because they scrapped out Simulation, Time Trial, and Challenges. I think...

Edit#2: I'm really confused. Where's the track editor?

Edit#3: Nevermind. Found everything. I thought when it said Home Base, it meant Main Menu, not garage. And if anyone was wondering like me, I hope this solved it. That little house icon on the top left corner feels really misleading! 'Cause on my browser, it's HOME, which gave me the impression of either

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
matrix121391 said:
I'm currently playing it and so far, I already have a question and am I bit disappointed with the menus. I think Create and Race menus looked more neat and "in place". In GRID, everything seems so off-centered, but maybe that's just me. And for the big question that's got me scratching my head. When both Race Driver games are trimmed, why in the world is GRID 10mb smaller than Create and Race?! Does that mean they spent less effort on it or something? Maybe my copy is corrupt...

Size has nothing to do with quality. They could have had uncompressed sounds in Race Driver for example.

svnelvn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
size and quality are not always positively correlated
some games are 128mb and shit, other games are 16mb and have wonderful graphics and gameplay (super mario 64 ds)

i just played an hour or so on the game and i have to say it is the best racing game on the ds so far! i've played Evo gt, NFS serious, some other ones... but this one is probably the most realistic of them all
there is a couple of things that bother me, one of them is the graphics. i couldn't tell which way to turn sometimes without looking at the map. but i guess that's just the hardware limits of the ds.
another thing is, AI cars look like they're drifting all the time, LOL

D

Deleted-119707

NFS:ProStreet is more realistic than GRID (Graphic wise) but GRID requires you to turn properly. like braking then turn instead of speeding in turns like in NFS:ProStreet

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
downloading now
biggrin.gif

so how is it for everyone else? as awesome as you thought?

strata8

Look! A pointless distraction!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It was not as good as I expected. NFS ProStreet and NFS Carbon beat it by far, in my opinion. The turning in it just feels odd. NFS ProSteet easily wins against it in terms of realism. Also, the cars sound horrible, and the AI really bug me. They don't even seem to be racing, just following each other in a line...

matrix121391

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
strata8 said:
It was not as good as I expected. NFS ProStreet and NFS Carbon beat it by far, in my opinion. The turning in it just feels odd. NFS ProSteet easily wins against it in terms of realism. Also, the cars sound horrible, and the AI really bug me. They don't even seem to be racing, just following each other in a line...

The NFS games were good, but I disagree with you about the whole realism thing. I don't think you can speed through corners like in NFS games, but who am I to judge, I don't race. I would think it'd make more sense to slow and make a turn at a corner. And plus, GRID has that whole car damage thingy that affects certain parts of your car's mobility from acceleration to steering, something that Carbon does not have and ProStreet has, but isn't very "in depth".

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
strata8 said:
They don't even seem to be racing, just following each other in a line...
lol, thats what car racing is.

The AI in the last game was terrible, they would come upto the corner at a million miles an hour then put their brakes on a spit second before the corner and sail around with ease.. not to mention constantly ramming everything.

bumjeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Still feels similar to the first one but the handling has changed which is a good thing. However I don't like how it auto straightens itself when you come off a turning.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: wth