Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
An update... again
ph34r.gif

R4YSauto v0.0.2. Probably not interesting to a lot of people, but it is again a little bit better than the previous version:
Code:
- Spanish translation of YSMenu by Pendor added
- r4config will now directly write settings.ini instead of config.cfg
- r4config and confconv have been merged
ÂÂÂÂ- converting is now possible through r4config
- A few bugs in r4config and the confconv code have been fixed
- Cheat database update
- Updating function now supports update.zip
Download links are in the first post, and you can update directly from R4YSauto v0.0 and v0.0.1. Also, I'm more and more forcing everyone to use settings.ini instead of config.cfg. Hopefully this is more comfortable than just removing support for config.cfg and using settings.ini.

Edit: some kind of little error makes it update twice. I'll see if there's an easy way to fix it, but it's not that important I guess.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm almost finished with v0.0.3. Damn, I need to continue working on the GUI
tongue.gif

The problem that asked you to update twice when updating to v0.0.2 has been solved. This is not a huge problem (it won't do any damage), but it was irritating and could cause problems in future versions. When I finish v0.0.3 this problem won't happen again, even when updating from v0.0. Another new feature is the possibility to update the cheat database. This will check if the cheat database needs to be updated and updates it when there's a new version.

I might add a feature to only install the language you use. Right now, YSMenu.ini stores a Dutch, German, Spanish, English, Japanese and French translation. Only one of them is used, but all of them are on your SD card. It's only a matter of kilobytes, but still...

karen11975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maikel Steneker said:
jjtheclown said:
blink.gif
Oh this is fun and what more does one need than another noobie to ask the dumb ????.
1./downloaded 4sayauto
2.then downloaded ysay YSMenu0809132222 .zip
3.extracted r4ysay and copied ysmenu (did not extract).
4. then run 4 batch
5. options i did 4
6.then copied ysmenu folder in to games folder on sd card.
7.then turned on d.s went to games /ysmenu.nds then tried to play game it then came up in error
r4patch.dat
NO BOOT LOADER
CAN SOME ONE TELL ME WHAT IM DOING WRONG
and as firm ware goes what is the original firm ware is it r4ds?
I'd really appreciate any advice
You did everything right until the part of copying files to the SD-card. You shouldn't copy the whole directory, just extract R4_custom_English.zip to your SD-card.

I had originally copied the entire file over but I read this thread and fixed the problem. Now I don't get the NO BOOT LOADER message but I still can't play this game. Hello Kitty Big City Dreams. Help please!

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
karen11975 said:
I had originally copied the entire file over but I read this thread and fixed the problem. Now I don't get the NO BOOT LOADER message but I still can't play this game. Hello Kitty Big City Dreams. Help please!
Is there any kind of error message you get?
QUOTE(tyuno123 @ Nov 22 2008, 09:19 AM) about the cheat does the r4ysauto use its usrcheat.dat in the ttmenu directory or uses the cheat.dat from the firmware ?

Anyone gonna answer my question ?
R4YSauto uses the USRCHEAT.DAT that's in the same directory. If you want to, you can replace it with the newest update or an entirely different one altogether, and R4YSauto will use it.

Aim@Me

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey I got a question,

About that cheatupdate.cfg when I run the r4 batch file the cfg file disappears but the cheat file is updated is it supposed to disappear? Or is now embedded into the batch file?

talesmeister

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
hi, i want to know how to update YSauto 0.0.2 using your update.dat and update2.dat, where should i put these file?

and how can i update it online ( i mean where can i find the option to update it online )?

thx for your reply, sorry if i'm bothering u
smile.gif

Spec2K

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is not to clear but did anyone try or know if DSTT FWv1.16 works with the YSMenu.. I'm afraid to try because DSTT crew stated that they were going to implement a anti-fake killer into their newer firmwares. So knowing this, I fear the 1.16 can brick our R4 cards and TF cards too.

here's the source: http://www.ndstt.com/en/anti_fake.html

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE(Aim@Me @ Nov 24 2008, 02:42 AM) Hey I got a question,

About that cheatupdate.cfg when I run the r4 batch file the cfg file disappears but the cheat file is updated is it supposed to disappear? Or is now embedded into the batch file?
It will be used once to update the cheat database. After that, it will be deleted. This is because otherwise you would redownload the cheat database every time, meaning more stress on both the GBAtemp server and your internet connection.

For version 0.0.3 I have made a better way of updating. It's now possible to check for a new version via the changelog and update only if there's a new version. I've been too busy / lazy to release it though, sorry
rolleyes.gif
I promise I will soon.
talesmeister said:
hi, i want to know how to update YSauto 0.0.2 using your update.dat and update2.dat, where should i put these file?

and how can i update it online ( i mean where can i find the option to update it online )?

thx for your reply, sorry if i'm bothering u
smile.gif

If there's an update, R4YSauto will notify you by default when starting it. If you don't have a working internet connection you can download update.dat and update2.dat and place it in the R4YSauto folder. When updating from v0.0.2, you won't even need to unzip them.

To disable the automatic updating, use r4config.bat.
QUOTE(Spec2K @ Nov 24 2008, 09:49 PM) This is not to clear but did anyone try or know if DSTT FWv1.16 works with the YSMenu.. I'm afraid to try because DSTT crew stated that they were going to implement a anti-fake killer into their newer firmwares. So knowing this, I fear the 1.16 can brick our R4 cards and TF cards too.

here's the source: http://www.ndstt.com/en/anti_fake.html
I have tried the new software, and it didn't work on the R4 for me. You can try it safely though; it won't harm your R4. I just don't think it'll work. If you want to test it, place the software in the dstt folder.

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twinillusion said:
anyone know if this allows for DS to Wii connectivity?

That should probably be asked in the YSMenu thread as well. Although, be it a hardware thing or a software thing is something I would like to know as well.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
lunacy123456 said:
Is it possible to make the TTYSauto with option 4 available like the R4 so I can switch between both firmwares anytime? Thanks!
In theory, it could very well be possible. But I don't have a DSTT to test it on, so trying out new things is a bit hard like this.

I'll probably buy a DSTT, but I don't know when. Of course, someone can donate it as well, but I don't think anyone will actually
rolleyes.gif

jagerstaffel said:
QUOTE(twinillusion @ Nov 25 2008, 10:14 AM) anyone know if this allows for DS to Wii connectivity?

That should probably be asked in the YSMenu thread as well. Although, be it a hardware thing or a software thing is something I would like to know as well.
I'm not sure, but I do know that the G6 Real was able to link with the Wii from the beginning, and the CycloDS Evolution could do it with a fix. However, the CycloDS Evolution does use a firmware, which means it could be a hardware issue like SDHC support.

I don't think YSMenu will ever support connectivity with the Wii. At least I know that currently, it doesn't.

lunacy123456

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maikel Steneker said:
lunacy123456 said:
Is it possible to make the TTYSauto with option 4 available like the R4 so I can switch between both firmwares anytime? Thanks!
In theory, it could very well be possible. But I don't have a DSTT to test it on, so trying out new things is a bit hard like this.

I'll probably buy a DSTT, but I don't know when. Of course, someone can donate it as well, but I don't think anyone will actually
rolleyes.gif

Hey, that's great news to hear. I hope soon this will be available. Right now the DSTT is selling for only $7 on DX, you might want to get one later, if I had not given out a big sum for thanksgiving I might donate you the money to buy an DSTT just for that feature, best I could do now is donate you $2 if you'd like. Cheers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work