ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Shit, I just noticed I didn't add the latest cheat database
rolleyes.gif

Oh well, I guess it's time to show my latest "easter egg" then
happy.gif
If you want the newest cheat database, download this file to your R4YSauto folder:
R4YSauto cheat database updater
R4YSauto will use the file to download the newest cheat database automatically. Of course, you will need an internet connection (otherwise you can just download it yourself anyway.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there the possibility to hack it that you can open *.gbc files with a *.nds gbc emulator(lameboy)? I mean now(normally) it's possible to open them with a *.gba gbc emulator(goomba or so).
I hope you understand my question^^
Instead of using an *.gba but an *.nds gbc-emu(because I don't have an expansion-pack) and it's rly easy(like on the pc) to open the roms like the nds-roms...

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
SignZ said:
Is there the possibility to hack it that you can open *.gbc files with a *.nds gbc emulator(lameboy)? I mean now(normally) it's possible to open them with a *.gba gbc emulator(goomba or so).
Instead of using an *.gba but an *.nds gbc-emu(because I don't have an expansion-pack) and it's rly easy(like on the pc) to open the roms like the nds-roms...
It's probably not possible.

The thing is, these emulators work completely different. On the DS, there's DLDI. So if you use Lameboy, you just copy the roms to the SD-card and launch them using Lameboy.

If you'd use, say, Goomba, it would work completely different. On the PC, you would actually copy the roms into the Goomba executable. YSMenu can do this on the DS. It just copies Goomba to the Slot-2 cart and then adds the actual rom.

To make this work for emulators for the DS, you would require an entirely different approach.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maikel Steneker said:
SignZ said:
It's probably not possible.

The thing is, these emulators work completely different. On the DS, there's DLDI. So if you use Lameboy, you just copy the roms to the SD-card and launch them using Lameboy.

If you'd use, say, Goomba, it would work completely different. On the PC, you would actually copy the roms into the Goomba executable. YSMenu can do this on the DS. It just copies Goomba to the Slot-2 cart and then adds the actual rom.

To make this work for emulators for the DS, you would require an entirely different approach.
Aw too bad. But well. As long the emus work on ysmenu^^

RayLancer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(Aim@Me @ Oct 29 2008, 02:41 AM) Crap, I think I installed the firmware wrong, but this is what I did:
Downloaded both files, put them in an empty directory then I copied the YSMenu into the directory, ran the batch file and wanted it to be made as firmware.

I'm using an M3 Simply so here is what I basically did on the thing, I removed all files minus the game folder but now I'm getting a _DS_Menu.dat not found lol Although your install guide is nice it is not too clear on how to install it correctly (either that or I am a complete idiot).

I did the same thing, and I got a R4_custom_English zip file containing only the TTMenu folder. Where's the _DS_Menu.dat file supposed to be? (I figured that this should've been automatically created, unless I'm mssing something here).

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
RayLancer said:
QUOTE(Aim@Me @ Oct 29 2008, 02:41 AM) Crap, I think I installed the firmware wrong, but this is what I did:
Downloaded both files, put them in an empty directory then I copied the YSMenu into the directory, ran the batch file and wanted it to be made as firmware.

I'm using an M3 Simply so here is what I basically did on the thing, I removed all files minus the game folder but now I'm getting a _DS_Menu.dat not found lol Although your install guide is nice it is not too clear on how to install it correctly (either that or I am a complete idiot).

I did the same thing, and I got a R4_custom_English zip file containing only the TTMenu folder. Where's the _DS_Menu.dat file supposed to be? (I figured that this should've been automatically created, unless I'm mssing something here).
This is a bug I found this weekend. Please update to R4YSauto v0.0.1 and try again. If it still doesn't work, please give some more details about what you did exactly (which language, which options etc.).

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Egonny said:
When i use YSMenu and cheats, i get this message :"warning: read arp err,cheat off"
Any idea how to solve this?
Try formatting and reinstalling YSMenu, it might solve your problem. Also, use a program like SD Formatter 2.0 in order to solve some problems.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Maikel Steneker, I have keep track of your beta GUI and new improvements and I am impressed. Keep up the good work as this makes using YSMenu a lot simpler. I so have a question do, are you using the latest version of DSTT? The last I checked, you were using the 1.15 release, the one before the Chocobo game fix.

Oh and another thing, instead of using file place holders for the options, you could create a config.bat file which is called at the beginning of the R4Yauto bat file which includes the settings. Like set downloadcheats = 1 and so on and simply check for them.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Narin said:
Maikel Steneker, I have keep track of your beta GUI and new improvements and I am impressed. Keep up the good work as this makes using YSMenu a lot simpler.
Thanks
smile.gif
I'm glad you like it. I'm planning to make it much better, so you'll be even more impressed with the final version 0.1
wink.gif

Narin said:
I so have a question do, are you using the latest version of DSTT? The last I checked, you were using the 1.15 release, the one before the Chocobo game fix.
No. I couldn't get v1.16 to work, and I wasn't the only one. I decided to keep using v1.15 for now. However, I did make the option to use a different firmware a lot easier. The DSTT folder won't disappear anymore since R4YSauto v0.0. That means that if v1.16 works for you it's very easy to use it. I'm planning to add an option to automatically download it as well.
QUOTE(Narin @ Nov 10 2008, 09:34 PM)
Oh and another thing, instead of using file place holders for the options, you could create a config.bat file which is called at the beginning of the R4Yauto bat file which includes the settings. Like set downloadcheats = 1 and so on and simply check for them.
Yeah, I figured that out as well. The new R4YSauto v0.1 will use a new format for configuration files. You can already use this new format by running confconv.bat.

At the moment there are two configuration files. The first one is the old one. It's called config.cfg, and it creates a few placeholder files which will be recognized by the program.
The new format is settings.ini, which does exactly what you say
wink.gif

I didn't feel like modifying the current configuration utility, but when it's done generating config.cfg you can easily convert it to settings.ini with confconv.bat. R4YSauto will recognize settings.ini and use that one if it's present. Support for config.cfg will be there at least until v0.1.

hoist20032002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i keep trying to get YSMenu from yasu's site...it doesn't show the part to download the YSMenu fix...so could someone plz message me or plz show me where did i go wrong?

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
hoist20032002 said:
ok i keep trying to get YSMenu from yasu's site...it doesn't show the part to download the YSMenu fix...so could someone plz message me or plz show me where did i go wrong?
What do you mean, YSMenu fix? Can't you find the newest version of YSMenu?

hoist20032002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it wont show up for me.....ive tried alot of times to find it on yasu's site but it wont show where to download it.....if u could help me......id very much be appreciative
smile.gif

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ysmenu+Pokemon Ranger - Shadows of Almia Doesn't work :/
Well after the 10steps of patching...
"write reload bins...
make indextab...disk errcode=-21
system halt!"
With the normal R4 fw it works (just wanted to report that)

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SignZ said:
"write reload bins...
system halt!"

I've tested it yesterday and it works fine.

Did you built it manually or using r4ysauto?

If you did it manually, maybe you are using the 1.16 DSTT firmware.

Ysmenu doesn't work with that one.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Pendor said:
SignZ said:
"write reload bins...
system halt!"

I've tested it yesterday and it works fine.

Did you built it manually or using r4ysauto?

If you did it manually, maybe you are using the 1.16 DSTT firmware.

Ysmenu doesn't work with that one.
Well it's strange but today it worked öÖ
And I didn't do anything with the rom(just arm7fixed it so that my savegames remain and don't go corrupt)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (and the joke here is that i misheard pride month as bread month)