Hacking r4sdhc (www.r4new.com)

yeapengchiam

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I am trying to play more games with my r4new card. I am trying the Ysmenu and the Wood R4. However, I faced a problem when trying to dual bot.

I need my original firmware to run (version 1.34 or 1.35). So I would have copied a _DS_MENU.DAT to the root. When I try to copy Wood R4, I also need the file with the same name at the root of the micro sd card. The installation Wood R4 require me to copy the _DS_MENU.DAT to the root. If I overwrite the file for the original firmware, the card will stuck at the loading... screen. If I keep my original file, I could not run the woodr4.nds because the _DS_MENU.DAT for the woodr4 is missing. So, how do I keep both _DS_MENU.DAT and dual bot?
As for the Ysmenu, I am facing the unsupported DLDI error when trying to load any game. Does anyone have the fixed ysmenu.nds file? I have been searching for the DLDI no patch, but I still don't find a clear answer. I would appreciate if anyone has the card and solved the problem to guide me.

R4new cards has very little support, is there any other options? (other than wood r4 or ysmenu which are not working for me ) I can run Yu Gi Oh 5ds 2010 perfectly, but I couldn't even finish loading the 2011, (there is only white screens after it loads the game). My 2010 file is 256 MB, while the 2011 only has 128 MB, seems weird to me.

I am hoping people who are using the r4new cards can give me some good tips or advice. Feel bad not knowing anything when I first bought this card 3 years ago and the support stop 6 months later. (bad luck)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Dual-booting is not overwriting... with dual-booting, you start up your cart's original firmware, then browse to and start the alternative.
http://gbatemp.net/forums/r4-ds.113/
Try that to load Wood, but as your cart's a clone it likely will not work.

DS games vary in size, from about 16MB to 512MB, in powers of two.

yeapengchiam

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
The problem is I can't keep both the _DS_MENU.DAT file at the root. So I have to choose my original firmware file (the r4new) to put it at the root, for it to load my r4new card. Then it will not load the wood r4 because the _DS_MENU.DAT for the Wood r4 is not at the root. The instructions stated that I need to copy the _rpg folder and the _DS_MENU.DAT file from the Wood R4v1.58 to my SD card. If I were to overwrite my original _DS_MENU.DAT, it will just stuck at the loading... screen because my original card can't load, not even have a chance to boot the wood r4. Maybe the _DS_MENU.DAT file is mean to load for the r4, but it just won't load my clone, so I need another file to load, but I just can't keep both file with the same name.

yeapengchiam

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I tried the woodr4.nds and it shows 3 tab after loading the nds file : the microsd tab, and the other 2 I can't remember. When I select the MicroSD tab, it pop ups another tab but it is blank. I don't think I can load wood r4 without my original firmware. Guess wood r4 doesn't work on my card. Tried the YSmenu and get the unsupported dldi name error. Is there anyway to solve the dldi error? I think the problem is with the DAT file, that is _DS_MENU. DAT file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o