Hacking R4iTT running Wood

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
i tried it on DSTTi and have a big icon with the microSD in RED with the message "ERROR" !!!

This Wood dont come from a DSTT clone, this flashcard have nothing with a DSTT !!!

So you can forget !!!

m45t3r

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
bitonio6 said:
i tried it on DSTTi and have a big icon with the microSD in RED with the message "ERROR" !!!

This Wood dont come from a DSTT clone, this flashcard have nothing with a DSTT !!!

So you can forget !!!
Not really, it's a DSTT clone since the official firmware is a (heavily) modified version of DSTT firmware and it's use the same kernel (you can see the "SD icon" when booting). But yeah, I am starting to think that hardware-wise this clone is more close to R4 than DSTT.

If some moderator want to move this topic to R4 area, I think it would be better.

m45t3r

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
bitonio6 said:
You think is close to be a DSTT because of the "icon" ???
I'm not a developer or something, so even if I open the card and see the internals I can't really speak if it's a DSTT clone or R4 clone. But I have some strong points that show this is a DSTT clone:
-It doesn't run the R4 firmware, even decrypted
-It runs the YSmenu for DSTT
-The official firmware is a DSTT firmware heavily modified, because of the way it works
-It shows the SD icon when you boot (like it shows the red icon "ERROR" when the SD card is missing or something)
-It doesn't run AKAIO too (just saying, for anyone thinking this is a Acekard 2 clone)

So yes, this is a DSTT clone, at least on software part. Hardware-wise I'm not sure.

Just stop the irony comments, I have this card and you don't. And I'm using slot-1 flashcards for probably more time than many of you (since the first R4/M3 DS Simply came out). Sorry if I gave hope for some of you, but It sure works on my flashcard and I thought it would be nice to share (now I'm start to think the oposite).

Well, at least I hope this topic will be useful to others R4iTT users. I'll stop trying to make this compatible if other cards, because:
-Very complex, looking to Wood4TT and Wood side-by-side there is lots of changes on code.
-The users on this forum are much agressive. C'mon, I'm not asking something as stupid as "how I put ROMs on my R4?".

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Flashcard work on the same idea, same design

Hardware is: A chip + A memory Chip

Software: Simple Kernel, with a menu can run game, with a file for fix game list

But what a simple kernel cant run with every flashcard,
is because of the "Addresses" of the hardware !

You dont have the right addresses, you cant run your kernel on it!

Wood, for example, can run on every flashcard, if "YWG" add all the hardware addresses
of each flashcard in his wood !

You can see with YSMenu, you have YSMenu for R4/M3 Simply,
YSMenu for M3 REAL/M3i Zero, YSMenu for DSTT, etc...

So, to run WOOD, we need to decrypt, edit the program,
find the Hardware addresses, change them, and it will work!

m45t3r

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
bitonio6 said:
Flashcard work on the same idea, same design

Hardware is: A chip + A memory Chip

Software: Simple Kernel, with a menu can run game, with a file for fix game list

But what a simple kernel cant run with every flashcard,
is because of the "Addresses" of the hardware !

You dont have the right addresses, you cant run your kernel on it!

Wood, for example, can run on every flashcard, if "YWG" add all the hardware addresses
of each flashcard in his wood !

You can see with YSMenu, you have YSMenu for R4/M3 Simply,
YSMenu for M3 REAL/M3i Zero, YSMenu for DSTT, etc...

So, to run WOOD, we need to decrypt, edit the program,
find the Hardware addresses, change them, and it will work!
Huh... So I just don't know why it works on just this specific clone of DSTT and others not, even when this clone didn't run R4 (I was pretty sure it would run R4 kernel, but it didn't). And it works perfect (or at least all that I tested).

Edit: just to add: tested the DSTT firmware (1.17 with fake-killer disabled). Works as expected(?, since I don't know what to expect anymore lol).

Kashif

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you read the first post, it says that this modification only works on the R4iTT card, not DSTT/DSTTi. I tested this on my purple R4iTT. It works great. I don't get why people bash the R4iTT. It has good support because the day of the 1.43 upgrade and previous upgrades, they had their updater on their page the same day and plus now you can get Wood/RGF updates on it, so it's a win/win
biggrin.gif

m45t3r

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
bitonio6 said:
You try DSTT firmware unofficial with r4itt ?
Yeah, I did (1.17a2 with fake-killer disabled). It works as expected, but didn't play that much.

QUOTE(Kashif @ Jul 24 2011, 06:57 PM) If you read the first post, it says that this modification only works on the R4iTT card, not DSTT/DSTTi. I tested this on my purple R4iTT. It works great. I don't get why people bash the R4iTT. It has good support because the day of the 1.43 upgrade and previous upgrades, they had their updater on their page the same day and plus now you can get Wood/RGF updates on it, so it's a win/win
biggrin.gif
Thanks for the anwer, now I know I'm not crazy or something
rolleyes.gif

People hate R4iTT since they steal works from other groups, or at least this is what I heard. But at least on support side, they're doing better than others DSTT clones and better even than the original DSTT.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
m45t3r said:
bitonio6 said:
You try DSTT firmware unofficial with r4itt ?
Yeah, I did (1.17a2 with fake-killer disabled). It works as expected, but didn't play that much.

QUOTE(Kashif @ Jul 24 2011, 06:57 PM) If you read the first post, it says that this modification only works on the R4iTT card, not DSTT/DSTTi. I tested this on my purple R4iTT. It works great. I don't get why people bash the R4iTT. It has good support because the day of the 1.43 upgrade and previous upgrades, they had their updater on their page the same day and plus now you can get Wood/RGF updates on it, so it's a win/win
biggrin.gif
Thanks for the anwer, now I know I'm not crazy or something
rolleyes.gif

People hate R4iTT since they steal works from other groups, or at least this is what I heard. But at least on support side, they're doing better than others DSTT clones and better even than the original DSTT.
Indeed. Now R4iTT gets RGF's update AND WOOD???? DSTT gets owned.

m45t3r

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Kashif said:
I can't seem to get soft reset to work on the latest 1.34 firmware... Any reasons why?
Tomorrow I'll look on this new version, my Arch Linux system broke and I'm using Fedora right now (yeah, I can make this work on Fedora but I just prefer to use Arch).

Edit: just take a quickly look, Wood changed something on the soft-reset code. On the lastest version, there was three points where I would change _ds_menu.dat to r4.dat. Now I only found one. Will look futher tomorrow, after I got a working Arch Linux system with KDE to use Okteta (a far better hex editor than I'm using right now, the crappy gHex).

m45t3r

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Can some moderator please change the Title and Subtitle of this topic, to remove reference to Wood version (1.33) and that it would work on other flashcards (since it is already been proven that it wouldn't). I plan to continuous update Wood version at least until I change flashcard or loose interest on this thing, and I don't wanna create another topic since this one already had some nice replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)