Hacking R4igold.cc help to setup

Cannaboss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello guys, I'm pretty new to modding ( when I was a kid I just used the Action Replay ) and now I have two little bros who are playing with a ds each (one DSI the other Lite). I stupidly bought an r4 on ebay thinking that they were equal, now that I discovered the truth I'm getting an headache triyng to make it work, obviously I need help for the Nintendo Lite. I tried several stuff but none worked, the site on the cartridge is closed, I have a 64gb sd that I formatted to FAT32. I would like to know if It's better to send back this r4 or maybe there is a chance of making it work without going crazy.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello guys, I'm pretty new to modding ( when I was a kid I just used the Action Replay ) and now I have two little bros who are playing with a ds each (one DSI the other Lite). I stupidly bought an r4 on ebay thinking that they were equal, now that I discovered the truth I'm getting an headache triyng to make it work, obviously I need help for the Nintendo Lite. I tried several stuff but none worked, the site on the cartridge is closed, I have a 64gb sd that I formatted to FAT32. I would like to know if It's better to send back this r4 or maybe there is a chance of making it work without going crazy.
"I tried several stuff but none worked" is not very helpful. Please decribe what you actually already tried.

It might be helpful to upload a photo of your R4.

Good luck!

Cannaboss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey thanks you are right but as a new member I can't post photos, It looks like it's a fake one. The sd worked with the dsI so I guess It's okay. I tried to put several kernel and firmwares (?) but as I told I'm no expert, all the guides I found online were made for other models so they never worked. I found in this forum the site you gave me and downloaded the R4i Goldr4igold.ccLatest: v1.4 but then I'm lost (I'm pretty confused by all the videos I watched xD).

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey thanks you are right but as a new member I can't post photos, It looks like it's a fake one. The sd worked with the dsI so I guess It's okay. I tried to put several kernel and firmwares (?) but as I told I'm no expert, all the guides I found online were made for other models so they never worked. I found in this forum the site you gave me and downloaded the R4i Goldr4igold.ccLatest: v1.4 but then I'm lost (I'm pretty confused by all the videos I watched xD).
Don't update the cart firmware if not absolutely needed.
Just extract everything from R4iGoldcc_v1.6_English.rar to en empty, FAT32 formatted SD. Even if an SD works on one device it does not mean it works in another. Please try extracting the kernel software on more than one SD. Make sure you don't extract into in a subfolder.
Good:
SD:/MOONSHl
SD:/_SYSTEM_
SD:/_DS_MENU.DAT
SD:/_DS_MSHL.DAT

Bad:
SD:/R4GOLD_EN/MOONSHl
SD:/R4GOLD_EN/_SYSTEM_
SD:/R4GOLD_EN/_DS_MENU.DAT
SD:/R4GOLD_EN/_DS_MSHL.DAT

If not already done consider using TWiLight Menu++ on the DSi instead of a bad flashcart: (Take your time reading)
https://dsi.cfw.guide/

Cannaboss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
First thanks again for your help, I didn't understand where is the R4igoldcc v.1.6 cause I downloaded the 1.4 (the only avaible on that site) and there is just an NDS_Update_1.4.1_R4.nds file. Plus for the DSI I already did the softmod ;)

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Cannaboss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I tried to change sd (same model) but nothing happens, the path is right and I'm thinking the problem might be with the r4 itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: