r4i?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by lucas_123, Feb 6, 2011.

Feb 6, 2011

r4i? by lucas_123 at 11:36 PM (615 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. lucas_123
    OP

Newcomer lucas_123 Member

United States
    hello i am about to get an r4i card and was wondering what the difference between the r4i and the r4i GOLD? and where is the cheapest place online to worder

2. guinness

Member guinness GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    R4i Gold (and R4idsn) can both use Wood, so are worthy purchases, anything else with the R4 name is not worth bothering with unless it is a 1:1 R4 and you have a dsl/dsphat (although you will now be bombarded with suggestions to buy other carts without R4 in the name).

Bought my daughters' R4idsn from lightake. took a while for delivery, but price was very good.

3. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    R4i from r4idsn.com is made by the same team who makes r4i gold from r4ids.cn

and only those two are WOOD compatible

there's not much of a difference, but go with the R4i for faster wood update

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    I don't recommend going after anything with "R4" in the name, over 90% of them are clones, you are very likely to get a clone.

If you do go for an R4i gold, MAKE SURE that in the description on the site, it SPECIFICALLY says it can run Wood.