R4i SDHC - DSision 2 - Setup Instructions?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Notyalc, Sep 5, 2009.

Sep 5, 2009
  1. Notyalc
    OP

Member Notyalc GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Hello!

Well, I'm hoping to get DSision 2 to work on my R4i SDHC (on my DS Lite).

So, I was hoping there'd be some people to give instructions to me on how to go about this.

Also, I've a few questions about going from my R4i SDHC's operating system to DSision 2

- I've seen various themes for DSision on YouTube etc. For now I'll be happy with that levely DSi Style with the Roms appearing on little cartridges. Will it come with this particular theme? And is there different skins for it? I've seen a Prof' Layton theme before.

- I see a few vids which show the covers for the games on the top screen while browsing through the games on the bottom, & sometimes when brosing I just see an image on the top screen with Cyclo DS or whatever on it. - How's this work?

- On my R4i SDHC's firmware it comes with an option to use cheats & I can pick & choose which cheats I want active - is there an option for cheats on DSision 2

- THis is quite important for me - will the DSision 2 on the R4 instead, will the firmware allow playback of any vids or music? Also, if this isn't available - Moonshell 2 works as a ROM surely?
    Also, would it at all be possible that I could access the R4i Menu in any way? (This is only out of interest, but I thought worth asking incase)

Thanks for reading & I hope you can advise somebody who's a little bit 'noobish' to this.

2. chrishull

Newcomer chrishull Member

United Kingdom
  3. chrishull

Newcomer chrishull Member

United Kingdom
  4. Notyalc
    OP

United Kingdom
    Hmm, DSTT? What's that then?

And I've got an 8gb MicroSD, you think it can manage?

And you don't know how to get YS Menu working on R4i SDHC?

5. Briankealing

Member Briankealing GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    1. Throw away the R4, it's a clone, high chance of bricking your DS.
    2. Go buy an acekard 2i.

6. Notyalc
    OP

United Kingdom
    It's not a clone (I'm pretty sure), there's plenty of proof that it's legit (or seemingly).

If you YouTube it, you'll find a review with a small red box containing, that's the same as I've got.

And there's been veryy few problems. Sometimes it isn't read. Though occasional freezing occurs.

TBH, I've got a DS lite & I'm unlikely to get a DSi for a while, so I may not need an Acekard 2i.

Unless they're around cheap enough...

Know any sites with good prices?

7. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    It IS a clone. The only true R4s do not support SDHC or the DSi. That's not to say its a fake or has a chance of bricking your system though. Its just that R4s have been outdated and out of production for a while now and all the new ones are hardware clones.

DSTT is another flashcart product and the cart that DSision2 is designed to replace the firmware for (although even there it needs YSmenu) Also DSision2 has a bug in it that renders it useless with SDHC cards but only when auto-booting with YSMenu. Its not the firmware for you if you use an 8gb (and therefore SDHC) SD card.

8. Briankealing

Member Briankealing GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Anything other than R4 itself = clone. No matter how you look at it...

9. Notyalc
    OP

United Kingdom
    Well, okay then.

I'll do a little research into getting a replacement I think.