Onirae

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi there, this is my first post, so I'll just go straight to the point:

I bought a 3ds last week, and a R4i SDHC 3DS (red box) with a 4gb SanDisk microSD

Today I updated the 3DS, so the R4 doesn't work anymore ("an error has occurred, bla bla bla")

All posts I see say that the AceKard and the R4i Gold work, so I'm asking if my card is useless against this FW, should I wait for a kernel patch, downgrade/rollback the 3DS or...?

Any help will be appreciated (not economically, sorry)

Thanks and have a nice day

PS: just to be sure, what kernel / fw should I have?

PS2: wood kernel is just for wood r4 or it's compatible with mine?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
You need to update your cart's firmware.
http://gbatemp.net/t278137-ds-dsi-3ds-hacking-f-a-q
QUOTE said:
Q - People talk about a cart's firmware/menu/OS, what are these?
A - The cart's firmware is the software that's installed onto the cart itself (not your MicroSD). This is generally only updated to bypass a new 3/DS/i firmware that attempts to block flash carts. On the other hand, the menu/OS is what you run on your MicroSD that lets you choose and launch ROMs and homebrew. This is sometimes called the "firmware", but in reality it's not, it's the OS (Operating System) of the cart. In general a cart type will have it's own OS. For example Acekards use AKAIO, the Supercard DSTWO uses EOS, some R4 models can use Wood, and so on and so forth. YSmenu is a special menu/OS that's intended to run on as many carts as it can. Having a cart that gets updates to it's menu/OS is important, as this is what provides fixes for new games, and new features.

So no, Wood will not help this as Wood is not a firmware. You should go to the site printed on your cart and see if they offer a firmware update for it for this new 3DS firmware (though it can take a few days for companies to put out firmware updates so you may have to wait a while).

Rule number 1 of hacking game systems is do not update, after all.

Onirae

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
HM OK

last update dates of last week, so who knows when's the next update

any way to rollback or do i need to keep the 3ds as a very expensive decoration item until then?

thanks anyways

Onirae

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
so can i force the gold/wood FW into my card to see if it works or will it cause to brick forever?

thanks

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
Onirae said:
so can i force the gold/wood FW into my card to see if it works or will it cause to brick forever?

thanks
It will brick it, but if you have another flashcart and a DS Lite/Phat you can unbrick it, so it's worth a shot if you have a second card and a DS Lite/Phat

flamingo24

Trophies
XP
Country
NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii said:
Yeah, but this guy's problem is that he has an already updated 3DS? If the 3DS is already updated to v2.0.0-2 it won't work as you can't boot up the card to start it.

Yeah, shortly after I posted I actually noticed he solved his problem and was aware of the update here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1