Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
funem said:
shinkukage09 said:
1: Off topic.
2: You had to quote the entire thing...why, exactly?
3: In the DS' case, it's a flashcard. As the games are called gamecards. Sorry, you lose, bye.

Well someone best tell the people who make them then..

From their own sites.....

Acekard
Acekard 2i---Real Perfect Flash Cart For DSi!

from acekard homepage:

Update Date:2009-08-04
Do not update your DSi to 1.4

As all you known please do not update your DSi to 1.4. We're working on it and please be patient. Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
also from forum (I don't know if true):
http://www.acekard.com/bbs/viewthread.php?...;extra=page%3D1

you may need to buy a new flashcart

The r4i team said that you will need to buy a new flashcart to use if you upgrade your dsi to firmware 1.4they will be selling them on august 12, and i'm pretty sure since we have acekard we'll have to buy a new one too

RATBAG69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I updated my DSi. Now my R4i wont work. I have read about it and now know I shouldnt have done the update.

Im just wondering if there is anything I can download yet to fix this?

I have an R4i ultra (came in a black box) and the software on it is 1.54eng.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RATBAG69 said:
I updated my DSi. Now my R4i wont work. I have read about it and now know I shouldnt have done the update.

Im just wondering if there is anything I can download yet to fix this?

I have an R4i ultra (came in a black box) and the software on it is 1.54eng.
No.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
At this point I am wondering if all the flashcart makers are now sitting waiting for the R4 cart to be released so that they can hack that and find out how they fixed it so they can update their own carts.

I guess we will see how soon after the new R4 is released how many other carts suddely get fixed..

unsure.gif

Beige

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
spinal_cord said:
I like how everyone is R4 bashing, even though they are the first to offer a way past the new 1.4 firmware. Not only that, there is no proof that any of the carts with updatable firmware will be able to pass it. New hardware might be the ONLY way to do it...

Just a thought.

But still, last I checked, none of the R4 clones that are for DSi have updateable bootstraps. Chances are, they just want to keep their card cheap and would rather release new products than make it update-proof in any way. I'd honestly like to know how the current exploits have worked myself, plus how Nintendo blocked them out, because that kind of info would clue in the need for new hardware revisions and whatnot.

Now, slightly off-topic, my guess is Team Cyclo is waiting for DSi-mode, in the meantime they are trying to figure out Nintendo's encryption methods so they can release a DSi-enabled card that would always come up as a legit card with no need for an exploit, but that's just my guess
unsure.gif

Dudu.exe

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Beige said:
spinal_cord said:
I like how everyone is R4 bashing, even though they are the first to offer a way past the new 1.4 firmware. Not only that, there is no proof that any of the carts with updatable firmware will be able to pass it. New hardware might be the ONLY way to do it...

Just a thought.

But still, last I checked, none of the R4 clones that are for DSi have updateable bootstraps. Chances are, they just want to keep their card cheap and would rather release new products than make it update-proof in any way. I'd honestly like to know how the current exploits have worked myself, plus how Nintendo blocked them out, because that kind of info would clue in the need for new hardware revisions and whatnot.

Now, slightly off-topic, my guess is Team Cyclo is waiting for DSi-mode, in the meantime they are trying to figure out Nintendo's encryption methods so they can release a DSi-enabled card that would always come up as a legit card with no need for an exploit, but that's just my guess
unsure.gif

dsi-ware games will not work from flashcards ( not without a big hack ) try to think like wii! you will need a Dsi-ware installer! when you got that! maybe we dont even need flashcarts in the future!

with a wad intaller for DSi, you will be ablle to install custom channels and play content from the DSi´s sd port! playing roms, homebrws and dsiwares!

team twizers release a first dsi mode exploit, this is just the beggining!

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
dsi ware wont work on flashcarts til there is a flash cart made in dsi mode
that would allow compatibility to dsi enhanced games and dsi ware

hopefully the cyclo team is working on it

siryu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I want to ask 1 question

Is Acekard updateable??

I hear that Acekard already fix it but can't release coz still unpolished hack, but I don't know if I should buy a new flashkart. Hope It just an update..

Coz I just buy this flashkart and I haven't use it before, coz it already 1.4 firmware...

azure0wind

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
yes ak2i is updateable........
why don't you just buy m3i zero if it's come out?
i thing the m3 team already fix this problem...

jedawut

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone got any news on the Acekard 2i whether you will need to buy a new one or just update it. i was a noob and updated my ndsi as soon as i got it. I'm
hate2.gif
so annoyed.

kampang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, they have not. This will take some more times I believe.

azure0wind said:
yes ak2i is updateable........
why don't you just buy m3i zero if it's come out?
i thing the m3 team already fix this problem...

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
siryu said:
I want to ask 1 question

Is Acekard updateable??

I hear that Acekard already fix it but can't release coz still unpolished hack, but I don't know if I should buy a new flashkart. Hope It just an update..

Coz I just buy this flashkart and I haven't use it before, coz it already 1.4 firmware...

1st,YES
2nd, NO

don't get any new flash cart for the time being
because no flash cart would work on 1.4 until a cracked/fixed is released
smile.gif

otherwise, it is just wasting your money
smile.gif

patient is the key
smile.gif

QUOTE(jedawut @ Aug 8 2009, 04:45 PM) Anyone got any news on the Acekard 2i whether you will need to buy a new one or just update it. i was a noob and updated my ndsi as soon as i got it. I'm
hate2.gif
so annoyed.

If you have been reading! you won't call yourself a n00b~!
why is that so..
just read 1 post above yours~! or my post.... tsk tsk

jedawut

Trophies
XP
Country
rolleyes.gif
wow that was a quick reply post. SO are the m3i zero able to be flashed so you dont need a new one
wacko.gif

BlazerRazor

Trophies
XP
Country
Most of the replies in here is just plain stupidity. You are just rambling about something you know nothing about. So please, stop this random giveaway of facts you just think you have.

The Nintendo DSi is just not fully explored as of yet, and therefore many things are unknown. Running DSiWare games should have NOTHING to do with the actual flashcart you have in your unit. I hope there will be a fix soon. It is software against software - and hackers will always win.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
they should work i mean just change the signatutes and headers and icon and internal rom name to something like mario kart ds but keep th eflashcart menu instead of the game

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
elixirdream said:
my question here is... those original game (flash cart team uses) still works?

Yeah, i'm sure they still works. Big N has found something different in DSi flashcart faked games.
They check this difference to blacklist the flashcart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/W-k8itKhZzE?si=x1FjAoq74Jv0TAUx +1