Hacking R4i Question

xxbilxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I'm trading my Sky3DS for this R4i in the picture. I just want to verify that it isn't a copied cart and that I can use it on my 3DS on 10.7. Thanks in advance! Not that I don't believe who I'm trading with, I just know there are fake flashcards floating all around.

xxbilxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
image.jpg

Can't believe I didn't attach the picture.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I can trade you for mine r4i it works perfectly and in Illinois
Thanks but I already have a deal set up with someone else. :)

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's good. You'll be able to use it. You'll need to install patched TWL_FIRM though (AuReiNand can patch this for you)
I don't think you need a patched TWL_FIRM as this isn't one of the older carts. I have the same cart, but can't test on a non-patched system as my only system has been TWL_FIRM patched already.

Also, fair warning you can not play 3DS games on this. Get a CFW.

Last edited by CeeDee,
Reactions: MlgPro

xxbilxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you need a patched TWL_FIRM as this isn't one of the older carts. I have the same cart, but can't test on a non-patched system as my only system has been TWL_FIRM patched already.

Do you also know if I can download play with this cart? That's the whole reason I want a DS flashkart. Thanks in advance!

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States

You may need to update the firmware then to play it without TWL_FIRM patching.

Do you also know if I can download play with this cart? That's the whole reason I want a DS flashkart. Thanks in advance!
You can download play with the 3ds download play app, though if you mean you want to be the one initiating download play yes you can.

xxbilxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may need to update the firmware then to play it without TWL_FIRM patching.

You can download play with the 3ds download play app, though if you mean you want to be the one initiating download play yes you can.
Okay thanks. The whole point of me trading my sky away was because now I could install CIAs to my emunand. I have CFW, so I'm not to worried. Is it difficult to update the firmware on one of these bad boys? I would assume it's no more than a drag and drop. And just to be sure, this is the one that doesn't have a wifi logo on them. Most cards I found like this had that logo, so I was confused.

Also, do I need or not need to download a custom TLW_FIRM? I have seen varying answers so far. Thanks in advance, by the way!

Edit: I plan to download play from my 3DS to my girlfriends DSi, if that matters at all.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Okay thanks. The whole point of me trading my sky away was because now I could install CIAs to my emunand. I have CFW, so I'm not to worried. Is it difficult to update the firmware on one of these bad boys? I would assume it's no more than a drag and drop. And just to be sure, this is the one that doesn't have a wifi logo on them. Most cards I found like this had that logo, so I was confused.

Also, do I need or not need to download a custom TLW_FIRM? I have seen varying answers so far. Thanks in advance, by the way!

Edit: I plan to download play from my 3DS to my girlfriends DSi, if that matters at all.
Never owned an R4i 3ds, no idea how updating it works. If it's updatable to the latest firmware, you shouldn't need TWL_FIRM. Otherwise, downloading a custom TWL_FIRM is easy (AuReiNand patches it for you). Look on the site for the card and it'll tell you how to update it.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The firmware is available for download on r4ids.cn and is drag and drop. It works on latest 3DS firmware easily.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o