R4i Problems

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Game_Girl, Oct 2, 2011.

Oct 2, 2011

R4i Problems by Game_Girl at 9:21 PM (391 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. Game_Girl
    OP

Newcomer Game_Girl Newbie

United States
    Ok I have two R4's. Mine has a black and silver sticker that says "R4 sdhc Revolution for DS". This one works great with the new update from the R4ultra website. I can play any DS game on it.

Now the second one, my sons, is different. It has a silver and black sticker and has "R4i Upgrade Revolution for DS (NDSI/NDSL/NDS) www.NDSR4i.com" I have tried pretty much ever firmware I have found on the internet but can not get this to work with new games. It does not have a "sdhc" any where on the sticker like the first one does. I have been working on this for over a week now. Also the website on it is no longer working.

I tried to update the firmware through the R4ultra website but all I get is a message that says "www.R4i - SDHC.com Loading... System date error! Please upgrade the hardware for support lastest firmware". Nothing seems to work to get around that message. I have even tried Wood. I can get it to work with older firmware but with that firmware it will not play any new games, and of course he wants to play new games like COD Black Ops, and Plants vs. Zombie's.

This is pretty much my last ditch effort to get this dang thing to work. I thought this R4i might be a clone, but I am honestly not sure. I have peeled back the sticker and there is not chip there. Everything on it looks legit to me. I can post pics if that helps. What is confusing me is that mine has "SDHC" on it and his does not.

Thanks so much any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

See if you can get whatever the latest firmware was from there.

If not, you may be out of luck with that clone (and yes, almost every single thing with "R4" in the name is a clone, the actual R4 team appears to have disbanded years ago, and all these chinese cloners will just add onto and edit the names to try to get you to buy it).