OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hi
my lad has been using our DS lite with a normal R4 card and was running great so i decided to get him his own DSi with R4i card for xmas.
so i copied all the games and save files from my old R4 to the r4i and seemed to be working but it is very slow. it can take 3 or 4 minutes to make a save file...is this correct? and the save files i copied dont seem to work. they show up on the screen but dont seem to show in the game?

DSi firmware is 1.3e
R4i softwrae V1.29b

and if i update to 1.4e will my R4i card still work as i wanted to install the internet browser from the DSi shop but it wants me to update?

any ideas and please go easy i am really struggling with this....cheers

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
lol.

There are 30-50 different R4is.

We don't know what crap you bought.
tpi.gif

groggy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
is there any reason why it should be so slow?
it takes ages to make a save file and on new super mario bros it loads up then right near the end it stops for for a couple of minutes then loads up?
im not sure if it does it on other games as i havent had time to try them yet.

Sephxus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, the cart you bought isn't very good. It has severe issues when your micro sd has too many fragments. You need to reformat you micro sd card with the panasonic formatter:Link
*Note: This will erase all data, so copy all data to your pc.

The reason saves don't work is because the cart uses a different file extension. Create a save from your R4i and check the extension it uses, then rename all your R4 created saves to that extension.

groggy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sephxus said:
Unfortunately, the cart you bought isn't very good. It has severe issues when your micro sd has too many fragments. You need to reformat you micro sd card with the panasonic formatter:Link

The reason saves don't work is because the cart uses a different file extension. Create a save from your R4i and check the extension it uses, then rename all your R4 created saves to that extension.
superb , so that will speed it up?
i will get straight on it when i get home from work tomorrow and let you know how i get on
thank you

groggy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Odd, in general firmwares don't show the save files by default, isn't there some filter or file type display option?
ive been through the options like ascending,descending,siz etc but seems to be nothing to hide them

groggy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
groggy said:
Sephxus said:

superb , so that will speed it up?
i will get straight on it when i get home from work tomorrow and let you know how i get on
thank you
gutted..unfortunatly it hasnt speeded it up at all it still taking a couple of minutes to load super mario bros up
any other ideas?

jonxs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Groggy its your memory card its not a crap brand like 'Team' is it? the memory is too slow, I bought an R4i this week also and it came with a naf memory card, I replaced it with a 'SanDisk' and it is working perfectly.

Hope this helps

groggy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jonxs said:
Groggy its your memory card its not a crap brand like 'Team' is it? the memory is too slow, I bought an R4i this week also and it came with a naf memory card, I replaced it with a 'SanDisk' and it is working perfectly.

Hope this helps
jonxs its a kingston 4gb micro sdhc class 4

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
groggy said:
jonxs said:

Hope this helps
jonxs its a kingston 4gb micro sdhc class 4
That's the one my nephew has, and it's got normal speeds.
I suggest you return it, the card is probably faulty. Class 4 micro sd cards shouldn't be that slow.

jonxs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it still may be a fake memory card or faulty, the best thing to do, is try another memory card, e.g. the one you were using on your original r4, see if that helps, my memory card wouldn't even play half the games and the ones that did were stuttery and slow, try animal crossing and you will see.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [awaits for him to notice something] :blush::ha::evil: