R4i gold V2.0

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by pablo70, Jan 6, 2011.

Jan 6, 2011

R4i gold V2.0 by pablo70 at 12:06 PM (1,894 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. pablo70
    OP

Newcomer pablo70 Member

United Kingdom
    never used this card before , i have downloaded R4i Gold V2.0T kernel from here http://www.r4wood.com/pages/R4i-Gold-V2.0-Firmware.html and downloaded it and dragged and dropped on to my sd card , started up the ndsi went to the game select and it justs says loading , have i downloaded the right firmware nd am i doing it right ,if not can someone give me a link thanks , trying to get it sorted for my daughter

2. Vigilante

Member Vigilante TempLurker

Philippines
    How about using the official site HERE

3. pablo70
    OP

Newcomer pablo70 Member

United Kingdom
    have tried that , its just saying loading when trying to play a game , the sd card has still all the games on it from the last card (m3real ) i deleted the system folder and replaced it with the 1 you gave me the link to , any ideas , do i have to reformat the sd card ?

4. Vigilante

Member Vigilante TempLurker

Philippines
    Have you tried Ysmenu LINK HERE
    Just download it and extract everything to card no need to delete firmware just put it there,turn on your ds and boot ysmenu and play

5. pablo70
    OP

Newcomer pablo70 Member

United Kingdom
    thanks for your reply's Vigilante still no joy , this is the card i bought http://www.r4ishop.com/products/R4i-Gold-V2.0-.html and downloaded the firmware from the same link ,am i doing this right , sd card in to card reader , drag and drop all files downloaded on to sd card , put card in ndsi press select then go to the game card (which in mines says ALEX RIDER - STORMBREAKER - THQ ) i press this and it just says "loading " ,am i doing something wrong , thanks

6. pablo70
    OP

Newcomer pablo70 Member

United Kingdom
    been trying to sort this for a few hours now ,this is the card http://www.snipeadeal.com/uk/flash-cards/r...ition-sdhc.html , i tried the software on the page but the card justs say loading when i try to play games , i have also tried different software 2 no avail , iam thinking i have a duff card [​IMG] any other advice would be great , different firmwares etc , why the game jams and just says loading , anything help pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee

7. KevFan

Member KevFan GBAtemp Fan

Ireland
    I'm assuming you bought it from the site you linked to and it didn't specifically say that it it a R4i gold V2.0 which is just an R4i ultra..
    so it could be a R4i gold V1 in which you can try using the kernal from here

8. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    you gave 2 different website

anyways, if the one you bought have the blue PCB go here and download akaio 1.8.1
    http://r4ids.com/r4i-download-e.html
    The R4i gold v2.0 only came out with one kernel, and it's old as hell, I doubt any new games will work on it, so download and use akaio 1.8.1

if your R4i gold has a red PCB than go here and download wood v1.21
    http://www.r4ids.cn/r4i-download-e.html

I suggest you do a full format and than install new kernel

9. pablo70
    OP

Newcomer pablo70 Member

United Kingdom
    cheers lads for the reply's , still not working , when pressing game i get loading then goes to white screen , iam thinking the card might be knackered , here is the card [​IMG]

has any one got this card and if you have could you give me the link to which software you have on yours , this is my last attempt at this as my kid is driving me nuts [​IMG] , thanks lads

10. pablo70
    OP

Newcomer pablo70 Member

United Kingdom
    Nobody got this card ?

11. pablo70
    OP

Newcomer pablo70 Member

United Kingdom
  12. pablo70
    OP

Newcomer pablo70 Member

United Kingdom
    using this software for my card just now R4i Gold v.2.0 Software, is there an update for this as the dsi will not play the newer games ?

13. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Probably not... The joys of buying a crap clone.

14. pablo70
    OP

Newcomer pablo70 Member

United Kingdom
    So basically you cant update the software on the R4i Gold V2.0 to play the newer games . and if not what is the best flash cart to use with no problems getting new software to play the newer games

15. zizer

Member zizer GBAtemp Addict