Hacking R4i Gold V1.4 "An error has occurred" on DSi

TeeR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently got an R4i Gold and whenever I put it into my DSi it says "An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for details.
When the USB Micro SD Card reader is in the Computer with the Micro SD Card (It says to put a disk into Removable Disk (E:) without it) it shows NDS games and folders of moonmemo, moonshl2 and R4iMenu.
How do I fix this problem?
EDIT: My DSi is 1.4.4E

mj yule

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mine did that AFTER i flashed with the new 4.5.0.10 and hasn't worked since. All I got on reboot was "no card in slot". That was on the 3ds and DSlite. Subsequent reflashing attempts "fail" at about the 80% mark. Tried all available firmwares on 2 DS lites, 2 different R4 original carts and last night I tried using various R4 kernel packs to load the .nds (YS menu etc). I tried using a CycloDS Evo too - all with exactly the same result. The 4.5.0.10 firmware pack that I downloaded has screwed the card imho :-(

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/topic/315784-flash-carts-and-dsi3ds-updates/

This explains what's going on. Your DSi has been updated past what your flash cart supports. You need to download AND RUN the update file from your cart's site. This, unfortunately, means you WILL, WILL WILL WILL need another DS that can currently run the cart (In order to run the update), since your DS is currently blocking the cart, so it can't run, and so can't update.

Or get a new cart that's been pre-updated.

mj yule

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't have a DSi - I have 2 DS lites and a 3ds XL. I updated the brand new card on the DS lite , put it into the 3ds XL (on 4.5.0.10) and it was "detected" - tried to load a rom and it gave the error message. I rebooted and it wasn't detected at all - in the 3ds OR DS lite. I did manage to reflash it a couple of times (no ryhme or reason in the "successes") but each time I went to load a rom it stuck at "loading" and then on reboot became "undetected" again.

Maybe I have a duff card, I should have tried it in the DS lite before flashing, but looking at the others with similar issues the problems appears to be the flash files that are "off".

mj yule

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just a thought.... the 3ds update was Dec 4th and the dsi update later - any chance Nintendo updated the 3ds firmware without revising the build code (4.5.1-10) ????

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I was responding to the first post initially.

In your case, flash cart detection should only happen on boot, once the cart's booted (and you can see the ROM list and such) the protection isn't running anymore. It sounds like your cart's overwriting part of it's flash by mistake (bricking itself), and while we've seen this in the past it's generally isolated issues regarding bugs involving very large DS ROMs (512MB usually) and malformatted MicroSD cards.

I'd suggest trying another MicroSD, preferably a well-branded one from a physical store (not something that comes with a cell phone or from a chinese import shop).

mj yule

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been using Sandisk 2gb microSD's formatted with Panasonics sd formatter in the original R4 cards (as source) and I tried a TDK in the CycloDS. In the R4i 3DS I've been using Sandisks and a 4gb TDK. All with the same result. It's a repeating result now - no matter what DS lite (have 2) , R4 original (have 2) or source software (r4 wood,ys menu, retrogamers pack). The rom loads, I eject the card, insert the r4i 3ds, , press B and get NO response, press A and it attempts to flash, bar moves along to near completion and then stops with a FAIL message :-(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021